Wash Your Hands & Other Tips for CoVid 19

3 posters

Go down

Wash Your Hands & Other Tips for CoVid 19 Empty Wash Your Hands & Other Tips for CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:27 pm

HatTip2  Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:

Yes, washing our hands really can help curb the spread of coronavirus
https://theconversation.com/yes-washing-our-hands-really-can-help-curb-the-spread-of-coronavirus-132915

Much of the media discussion about coronavirus revolves around diagnosis and management of suspected cases. But the first piece of advice that is essential for anyone worried about contracting the coronavirus is something your grandparents might have suggested: wash your hands. It’s at the top of the list of many of the players trying to prevent the spread of the disease. This includes the World Health Organisation (WHO), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other health authorities around the world.

But, ask the cynics, could preventing the spread of disease really be as simple as washing my hands?

The answer is yes. Because ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Wash Your Hands & Other Tips for CoVid 19 Empty Re: Wash Your Hands & Other Tips for CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:28 pm

Why hand-washing really is as important as doctors say
https://theconversation.com/why-hand-washing-really-is-as-important-as-doctors-say-132840

As the threat from the coronavirus grows, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other public health officials are stressing the importance of hand-washing.

Prevention becomes essential to stopping the spread of the virus because there is no vaccine to prevent it and no anti-virals to treat it.

How can such a simple, low-tech solution make a difference?

Remember – coronavirus spreads easily by droplets from breathing, coughing and sneezing. As our hands touch many surfaces, they can pick up microbes, including viruses. Then by touching contaminated hands to your eyes, nose or mouth, the pathogens can infect the body. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Wash Your Hands & Other Tips for CoVid 19 Empty Re: Wash Your Hands & Other Tips for CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:42 pm

HatTip2 Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:

Precautions Can Help Prevent Coronavirus Infection
https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/precautions-can-help-prevent-coronavirus-infection

WASHINGTON - There's no vaccine or specialized treatment to ward off the coronavirus, but there are things you can do to keep yourself safe.

How can I increase my chances of staying healthy and avoiding getting COVID-19, the new coronavirus?

Dr. Anthony Fauci, an expert on infectious diseases, told a Senate hearing, by washing your hands, staying away from people who are coughing or sneezing and keeping your children home from school if they are sick, you can up your chances of avoiding the coronavirus as well as other viruses like the flu. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:56 pm

How to make hand sanitizer, don't know if it will kill coronavirus:

https://www.thespruce.com/make-your-own-homemade-hand-sanitizer-606145

Having a real hard time finding any of the ingredients in local stores, right now!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:03 am

rick1 wrote:How to make hand sanitizer, don't know if it will kill coronavirus:
https://www.thespruce.com/make-your-own-homemade-hand-sanitizer-606145
Having a real hard time finding any of the ingredients in local stores, right now!
As the recipe is written, it will work.
If you use the 90% rubbing alcohol found in most stores, you need to make the portions 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup.

With 70% you would need about 1/2 once aloe in a cup of alcohol, so, that is essentially unworkable.

ReadyMom posted another link to the same recipe in "Supply Chains" thread.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:00 am

Look on amazon. A lot of the ingredients can still be found there.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:28 pm

This is the effect repeated use of hand sanitiser has on your skin
https://www.scotsman.com/read-this/effect-repeated-use-hand-sanitiser-has-your-skin-2091118

Regularly using hand sanitisers to combat coronavirus has caused some to worry that it could damage their skin.

(SNIP) ... Some people are concerned that, with such a high alcohol content, hand sanitisers could dry out users’ skin, leaving them hard and painfully chapped. ---continued---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:32 am

Here's a video on how to make your own hand sanitizer, of course you have to wait for the 30 second ad to run:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/how-to-make-your-own-hand-sanitizer

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:14 pm

rick1 wrote:Here's a video on how to make your own hand sanitizer, of course you have to wait for the 30 second ad to run:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/how-to-make-your-own-hand-sanitizer

I made this today and it works GREAT!!  I added 7-10 drops of orange essential oil for scent and same for the suggested vitamin E. I found 91% alcohol. The fine mist of the essential oil bottle is perfect!!

NOTE: Since I couldn't find any Aloe GEL  anywhere, I used the LIQUID/drinkable stuff (found it at Walmart and you can order it on Amazon) and that's why it works so get in the essential oil sprayer.

Wash Your Hands & Other Tips for CoVid 19 88175426_10215582525332976_134913104680058880_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=W8h7HERT01wAX9NF-4w&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:57 am

HatTip2 Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:

Coronavirus: What hand sanitiser actually works on - and all the bugs it won't kill
https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/coronavirus-what-hand-sanitiser-actually-21660314

A handy diagram has been created to show what hand sanitiser actually works on, and all the bugs it won’t kill ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:21 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Hand sanitizer could be harder to find for consumers amid coronavirus outbreak
https://www.foxnews.com/health/hand-sanitizer-could-harder-find-consumers-coronavirus

Hand sanitizer could be harder to find for consumers in the U.S. amid the coronavirus pandemic due to a shortage of plastic bottles and a key compound used in the process, according to a report last Wednesday. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:44 am

This may sound stupid to some, but my son in law is a comtec, he does wear gloves while working, but here is what he does anyway:

He has a 1 gallon jug that he got from the deli and he fills it up 3/4 of the way with water and a bleach solution, along with a washcloth. He washes his hands after he takes his gloves off every time and then uses hand lotion, as his hands dry up from the bleach.

It does sound stupid, but it does work.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:21 am

From webmd.com, how long does coronavirus last on surfaces, cleaning surfaces, etc.:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200401/coronavirus-on-fabric-what-you-should-know

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down