Dave58
Cinnamon
ReadyMom
rick1
Admin
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Introduce Yourself!  Empty Introduce Yourself!

Post by Admin Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:25 pm

WELCOME to EHP!

Introduce Yourself!  Community-clipart-facs_communityhelpers
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!  Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post by rick1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:12 pm

My name is Rick, I and my wife live in westcentral PA, we live on a small farm and have about 125 acres. Cows, chickens, large garden, and the list goes on.

We've been prepping for about 40 years and are still learning a lot from other people on other things like solar, water purification, etc..
rick1
rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Thanks for finding your way Rick!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:57 pm

I'm Cin - Husband and I live on a small 5 acre plot in the Midwest. We have prepped for 40 years, but only since moving here have we been able to concentrate on being self-reliant and working towards living off grid someday.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:16 pm

Hi Cin! Welcome! Glad you found us. Looking forward to your posts😀

Sent from Topic'it App

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:40 am

Hi, Cin, glad to see ya. Didn't know you were actually called Cinnamon.

Now all I have in my head is the song Cinnamon Girl by
Neil Young from 1969, that brings back a lot of memories. :cheers:
rick1
rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:21 am

LOL - actually there's a story to that. First, I've never colored my hair - it is what it is. One sister is a redhead and my other sister is an ash blonde. I was somewhere in between. Someone mentioned my hair was the color of dark honey, but there was someone in our group of friends already called Honey...so they decided my hair color was more cinnamon and called me Cinnamon, Cin for short.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Howdy glad to be here. I have been prepping since way before the Y2K thing I just didn't know it was called that. Its just something I can remember my grandparents doing and for some reason it stuck with me. My wife came on board 10 years ago when we started living together ( she made me chase her for 20 yrs before she would marry me ) anyways I think God blesses us everyday and leads us where we need to be.... I'm here

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Hello Dave58! Glad you found us and joined in. We're new & still growing, so bear with us, during our growing pains phase!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Dave58 wrote:Howdy glad to be here. I have been prepping since way before the Y2K thing I just didn't know it was called that. Its just something I can remember my grandparents doing and for some reason it stuck with me. My wife came on board 10 years ago when we started living together ( she made me chase her for 20 yrs before she would marry me ) anyways I think God blesses us everyday and leads us where we need to be.... I'm here

Welcome Dave58, jump on in and let us know what you have, how you're doing things, what extras you keep on hand, etc.. We can all learn from each other.

Rick1
rick1
rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Have been a prepper long term, but was able to get really serious after buying my first home. Residing inside the 495 belt of Massachusetts, I've firmly believed that our technology infrastructure (and it's use in the utility grids) plus just in time delivery systems now in widespread use are making things more fragile.
Always willing to learn new things and love sharing what I know, so I'm quite happy to find a new place with some familiar 'faces'. Very Happy

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:50 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:Have been a prepper long term, but was able to get really serious after buying my first home. Residing inside the 495 belt of Massachusetts, I've firmly believed that our technology infrastructure (and it's use in the utility grids) plus just in time delivery systems now in widespread use are making things more fragile.
Always willing to learn new things and love sharing what I know, so I'm quite happy to find a new place with some familiar 'faces'. Very Happy

Glad to have you on board! Looking forward to your posts/sharing. Feel free to share the news around that EHP is open & ready to chat!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NJMike Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi Everyone. This is Mike. Same NJMike from APN. I'm still in NJ, but will eventually get myself into a little homestead in Eastern PA. Hope to have some good discussions here.

NJMike

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:00 pm

NJMike wrote:Hi Everyone. This is Mike. Same NJMike from APN. I'm still in NJ, but will eventually get myself into a little homestead in Eastern PA. Hope to have some good discussions here.

Hi NJMike, I remember another NJMike from another place, just like dmwalsh568.

Rick1
rick1
rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:12 pm

NJMike wrote:Hi Everyone. This is Mike. Same NJMike from APN. I'm still in NJ, but will eventually get myself into a little homestead in Eastern PA. Hope to have some good discussions here.

Welcome! Glad you found us! Hope you like it here. You *may* be moving closer to me, when you make that move. Let me know where you end up!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baugo Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi All, from Indiana.
ReadyMom: I sent you a PM at the APN forum. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Baugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 am

Hello Baugo.

Glad your here set and stay a while.

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Baugo Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:19 am

This site works perfectly in two browsers. Checked it on two android devices and a windows laptop. Great job!!

Baugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Oh good! Thanks for the feedback. I just logged on with my IPad and it's much better than using my phone. But I still like the pic/laptop version of the original forum format the best. Still getting used to this 'topic' version they are using.

Sent from Topic'it App
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by keebler Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:05 pm

Hello All; Thanks for letting me join
I'm Keebler ( SR. guy) a long time prepper, but had some serious medical problems ( i'm alive ) had to move closer to a good Hospital. in the Richmond,Va area, bought a small .7 acre (agg property so i can still Farm & Garden, Henrico county property, but close to stores. I'm mostly into solar power, Lighting, in the house & shed, Via batterys. I do enjoy Prepper, gun & ham radio shows or events.some are held in Doswell,Va Fairgrounds or Richmond Raceway.
keebler.

keebler

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 pm

keebler wrote:Hello All; Thanks for letting me join
I'm Keebler ( SR. guy) a long time prepper, but had some serious medical problems ( i'm alive ) had to move closer to a good Hospital. in the Richmond,Va area, bought a small .7 acre (agg property so i can still Farm & Garden, Henrico county property, but close to stores. I'm mostly into solar power, Lighting, in the house & shed, Via batterys. I do enjoy Prepper, gun & ham radio shows or events.some are held in Doswell,Va Fairgrounds or Richmond Raceway.
keebler.

Hey keebler, welcome, Welcome Sign  glad you got my APN email. Didn't know you had any medical problems, hope all is going well with your health. This is a good site to be on, chime on in with your experience.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 pm

rick1 wrote:  glad you got my APN email.

Rick

Thank you, Rick, for spreading the word! Thumbs Up-2

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimLE Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:23 am

Well.i finally found my way back to all of yall.and with a bit of difficulty. I have 2 smart phones that i normally use.this one.in which it has a invalid sim card.so it's strictly for internet where there's wifi.the other phone has a valid sim card it's main use is for phone calls n texting.but will use it where there's no wifi.then there's the critter i seldon use.that be my desktop PC. That's where i was finally able to register n come aboard.anyhow it's nice to be back.
jimLE
jimLE

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 am

jimLE wrote:Well.i finally found my way back to all of yall.and with a bit of difficulty. I have 2 smart phones that i normally use.this one.in which it has a invalid sim card.so it's strictly for internet where there's wifi.the other phone has a valid sim card it's main use is for phone calls n texting.but will use it where there's no wifi.then there's the critter i seldon use.that be my desktop PC. That's where i was finally able to register n come aboard.anyhow it's nice to be back.

Glad you finally made it. You have toooooo many gadgets for me. Computer-Hit

So welcome to the EHP, chime on in.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:30 pm

jimLE wrote:Well.i finally found my way back to all of yall.and with a bit of difficulty. I have 2 $k.
You made it! Boy you didn’t give up. I hope we live up to your expectations! Welcome 2

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimLE Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:46 pm

LOL.you don't even want to come close to knowing my expations right now. Laugh Animated

expect the worst. Hope for the best. And capitalize on each situation the best you can..

“Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an example unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.”
jimLE
jimLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi everyone

I was referred here by another member here on another forum so I wanted to check this out.

I'm looking forward to meeting more people with similar ideas, sharing information and learning new things.

If you have any questions just ask away

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:17 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Hi everyone

I was referred here by another member here on another forum so I wanted to check this out.

I'm looking forward to meeting more people with similar ideas, sharing information and learning new things.

Welcome Sign  Hope you are pleased with the recommendation to join us!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Hi everyone

Nice handle and glad you made it to the EHP. The more information we get from others, the better off we all will be. Welcome 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:15 pm

Thanks Rick.

It's an old username that I just stuck with to make things easier. I promise I'm not a troll or anything. So far I'm enjoying this. There are not many forums specifically dedicated to prepping aspects.

Good job guys

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by justme_noname Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:03 am

Howdy, I'm in Mississippi. 7 acres, one acre garden, a couple acre for a family member, couple for my roof and rest is woods. I'm working on putting out chestnut trees, deer like those. Planning to convert garden to Back to Eden garden whenever I can get a LOT of wood chips.

I have prepped to the point I'm out of storage space. I need a one acre building to put all this stuff in. Started small several years ago and been stocking up ever since. Am also disabled so I have more time than money.

If anyone needs help on a thread, PM me a link. If I can help, glad to share what I know.

justme_noname

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:37 am

Glad you got my PM and welcome to the EHP justme_noname Welcome Sign   From Mississippi, boy I bet it gets hot and muggy down there in the summer, let alone the storms you guys get.

Chime on in on the discussions, every little bit helps, the more the merrier.

Back to top Go down

Post by justme_noname Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:18 am

rick1 wrote:Glad you got my PM and welcome to the EHP justme_noname Welcome Sign   From Mississippi, boy I bet it gets hot and muggy down there in the summer, let alone the storms you guys get.

Chime on in on the discussions, every little bit helps, the more the merrier.

Despite the claims of global warming folks, it used to be hotter in the summer and colder in the winter when I was a kid. I can remember 110F and even 115F days in the summer. Winters were a good bit colder too. We would drop to single digits for at least a couple days to a week or so each winter. We got more snow then too. We actually had to wait until the ground froze to go get firewood. Still, it does get hot here.

justme_noname

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:07 am

justme_noname wrote:Howdy, I'm in Mississippi.  7 acres, one acre garden, a couple acre for a family member, couple for my roof and rest is woods.  
Welcome 2 Glad to have another 'voice' on the site! Looking forward to your posts!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!  Empty thanks for the invite RM!

Post by mmpaints Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:19 am

mmpaints here. introduce myself, hhmmm. Anti government extremist, die hard homesteader, bushcraft instructor and all around general pain in the ass. I've called southern Illinois my home for the last 25 years, have a 10 acre homestead in between hell and nowhere (2 crappy small towns). I dabble in solar power, cheese making, hand crafted soap, artisan breads baked with wood fire etc

Went thru a really ugly divorce 6 years ago. basically started life all over. fought for the roof over my head, literally. I know all about financial collapse/recovery and the sacrifices one has to be strong enough to make to get past it all. My prepper friends really helped me tho, helped me keep the bills paid for the first couple of months while I rooted out good options. My life skills took over from there and here I am, 6 years later, making it all work, still on the farm. Roof leaks but i'm working that out too, LOL

mmpaints

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 am

mmpaints wrote:mmpaints here.  introduce myself, hhmmm.   . . . .
 Well, you've had a busy 6 years! Welcome back! Looking forward to your contributions on EHP! We're still small, but have mighty good info & contributions from the members we've got! Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mmpaints Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:44 am

it's been a wild road RM. ups, downs, good, bad and one tragic, truly devastating event for me. I still have the goat herd tho, LOL it's getting almost out of control tho and new fencing is in the works. I'm on the verge of building a tiny home/cabin where the rotten old farm house is standing. I've started gutting it to tear it down.

mmpaints

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:31 am

Welcome mmpaints to the home of EHP, chime on in, the more you share, the more we'll know.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Glad to see you back, MM. I'm sorry about your loss...read it on APN. Peace.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!  Empty New here but not new to prepping

Post by Scudrunner Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:24 am

Greetings to all,
I've lurked on other websites, like APN, for years but as I retire from government service I can add comments where I couldn't before. I've worked with U.S. Army NORTHCOM (Defense Support of Civilian Authority), FEMA, United Nations and lectured many NGO's. My experience is international, national and local. Further, have survived some of the worst places in the world from the jungles of Central America and Asia to the deserts of the Middle East.

I've noticed a decline in prepping over the last several years. Perhaps because of the boy who cried wolf. See is we gear up for a disaster and it doesn't happen we lose interest, like the child who tires of a toy. Now is not the time to drop our defenses and lose interest. I think so many people thought of a nationwide cataclysmic event was going to happen. No one can live at such a high level of readiness and concern without getting burned out or PTSD (yep, if can happen). In the meantime, we have had many smaller disasters and for those you have to be prepared. Look at the number of wildfires in the West, blizzards and floods this last Spring in the Midwest and Hurricanes in the Southeast & Bahamas. We still have the potential of major disasters like; an EMP, Yellowstone caldera, meteor strike, civil collapse and a bunch or other things to be concerned (not worry) about. A person/family needs to be prepared but focus more on the short term than the long term. Moreover have a plan... NO, have many flexible plans... Know when to stay and when to go.

I hope that I can share more on several topics and my experience. If anyone has any concern or question, I'm open to PM's or emails.

Scudrunner

Drinkthekoolaid and Violet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:06 am

Welcome scud I'm sure you'll have a lot of interesting and useful opinions and experiences to share in our discussions.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:10 am

Welcome 2

WELCOME Scudrunner ! Glad to have you join us and looking forward to your posts! We're still a small group here, but a dedicated group.

I agree. I began my 'career' in promoting preparedness in specifically advocating 'pandemic prepping', but now have expanded to 'ALL HAZARDS'. Folks want generalities, not specifics, it seems. And yes ... I think that the interest in aggressive prepping has waned, but from the mom facebook sites I'm on, the general interest is still there for knowledge and has become easier to get to from the increased number of social media sites since I began this, back in 2006. Back then, there was little to no sites to go to. (That's how I got involved in developing the original 'Get Pandemic Ready' website).

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 am

Welcome Scudrunner, good people here, chime on in on the subjects and add your own.

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!  Empty SO HAPPY TO BE HERE

Post by Kevypom Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Love Eyes Love your site ReadyMom
Kevypom
Kevypom

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Welcome Kevypom, it iis a nice site. Chime on in on the topics.

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Kevypom wrote:Love Eyes   Love your site ReadyMom

KeviPom was known by another name on old prep sites, so some of you may know them already!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevypom Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
Kevypom wrote:Love Eyes   Love your site ReadyMom

KeviPom was known by another name on old prep sites, so some of you may know them already!

The prepper formerly known as VIOLET Very Happy
Kevypom
Kevypom

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!  Empty Hello everyone!

Post by GonzalezMJose Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:48 pm

Hello I'm Jose from Lancaster SC
Anyone else here from my area?

GonzalezMJose

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:13 pm

GonzalezMJose wrote:Hello I'm Jose from Lancaster SC
Anyone else here from my area?

Welcome Sign There's a Lancaster in my home-state of PA, but I don't know who might be from your state! Glad to have you on board. We're still a small group ... but a GREAT group!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum