Home Remedies

Go down

Home Remedies

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:52 am

Your kitchen pharmacy-How common culinary herbs and spices can help you feel better
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/cowell122.html

By Rebekah L. Cowell

In a perfect world, we would get all the nutrients and medication we needed from the food we ate. However, our diets and the foods available to us have changed in the past century, so that eating healthily can be a challenge. Most of us have a spice rack filled with seasonings we grab in a hurry, but what do we know about these ancient herbs and their medicinal powers?

Understanding the importance of adding oregano or basil to your spaghetti sauce, not as flavor but as a digestive aid is just one of the keys to turning your kitchen into the pharmacy it was meant to be.

Kelly M. Shattuck, a Certified Herbalist based in North Carolina, says before health food stores made specific herbs such as valerian root readily available for medicinal healing, individuals relied on their culinary herbs to play a very important pharmaceutical role.

"The great thing about culinary herbs," said Shattuck, "is that ... ---CONTINUED---

Topics Include:
  • Brewing herbal teas
  • Your medicine cabinet
    • Basil
    • Bay leaves
    • Black pepper
    • Cayenne
    • Cinnamon
    • Cloves
    • Fennel
    • Sage
    • Garlic
    • Ginger
    • Nutmeg
    • Oregano
    • Peppermint
    • Rosemary
    • Thyme

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Home Remedies

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:53 am

Home Remedy for Upset Stomach
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/remedies/home-remedy-for-upset-stomach/

As a modern society we have been ‘programmed’️ to seek medical relief from the use of pharmaceuticals, be it prescription or over-the-counter. This is somewhat understandable given the system we operate in today and its busy lifestyle filled with speedy shortcuts. We forget that our grand parents and ancestors had discovered countless natural home remedies for all types of ailments, many of which have not been passed down to current generations.

The following home remedy is one for which many are inflicted, an upset stomach or stomach pain. Rather than reaching for a pharmaceutical, why not first try thinking about the possible cause (a particular food sensitivity, etc…) and second why not try a natural home remedy such as this one, which sometimes works better than a pharmaceutical!

The following are two natural home remedies that work for me, will offer temporary relief, and work like a charm. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:53 am

Like Ritalin in Herbal Form
http://modernsurvivalonline.com/guest-post-like-ritalin-in-herbal-form/

Many of my friends and acquaintances are aware that I am a firm believer in using natural products over chemical and pharmaceutical substitutes. Recently, I was visiting a friend and as usual our topic of conversation centered upon preparedness and possible apocalypse events occurring during our lifetime. As we watched his two children playing joyfully in his backyard he shifted his concern to what could substitute for his children’s current prescription drug Ritalin if and when the commercial product were to no longer be accessible.

As most people are aware ADHD is major behavioral disorder which is distinguish by an inability to concentrate, heavy anxiety sessions, sporadic memory loss, an array of mood swings, feelings of hyperactivity and restlessness followed by fatigue. The two popularly prescribed medications are Ritalin and its cousin Dexedrine used exclusively for those patients suffering from ADHD. In today’s society our nation’s children are using these prescribed medications in record numbers. --- CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:54 am

The Natural Remedies Proven to Work on the Common Cold
http://www.thesurvivaldoctor.com/2012/08/02/treat-a-cold/#comment-6699

by James Hubbard, M.D., M.P.H.

No one wants to deal with the symptoms of a cold during a disaster—actually during any time, now that I think of it. But being in close quarters with others will put you at increased risk. Even if you’re a loner, the natural stress of the situation is going to lower your immune system.

So what can you do? Antibiotics won’t help. In fact, treating a cold is one of those times when natural solutions may be the only solution.

The journal American Family Physician has a new article called “Treatment of the Common Cold in Children and Adults.” There’s still no cure, but this article cites proven methods to prevent colds and to shorten the course if you have one. Some things work better on children than adults and vice versa.

Proven Methods to Treat Colds in Children
First, here’s what studies have shown work on children to prevent colds: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:55 am

Sugar As An Effective Wound Antibacterial
http://knowledgeweighsnothing.com/sugar-as-an-effective-wound-antibacterial/

Given that I run a prepping and self-sufficiency website, it came as a bit of a surprise when I cut my hand a while back and went to the first aid kit and there was no antibacterial cream… Luckily I survive the cut without the antibacterial, but it got me thinking.

100s and 1000s of years back, what were people using to clean and disinfect wounds? Sure, loads more people died from infection, but they still must have had some form of antibacterial ointment for wounds. This is when I stumbled on the fact that sugar is a very effective antibacterial and has been used for 1000s of years to treat open wounds and prevent/fight infect. I don’t think this is widely known, probably because big pharma can’t patent it and license it for medical use, but sugar’s antibacterial properties are proven.

The use of sugar... ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:56 am

INSECT BITE REMEDIES
http://www.healing-from-home-remedies.com/insect-bite-remedies.html

Here's some of the best home remedies for mosquito bites!

Many of these remedies are also effective for cases of itchy skin or rashes. Use these folk cures for bee stings, chigger bites, spider bites, flea bites, horse fly bites and even bed bug bites! Did I mention these are some of the very best mosquito bites remedies? ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 am

Wart Removal Home Remedies
http://www.healing-from-home-remedies.com/wart-removal-home-remedies.html

There are a multitude of wart removal home remedies out there for you to try! Keep in mind that warts are typically caused by a virus that has invaded the skin and even though you won't get warts from toads or frogs they are contagious.
Warts can appear anywhere but normally surface on the hands, face and feet. The painful growths that show up on your feet are called plantars warts, technically named Verruca plantaris. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:59 am

Home Remedies for Allergies
http://www.diyreport.com/home-remedies-for-allergies/

If you sneeze and sniffle your way through pollen season, or experience hives, itching or swelling when you eat a certain food or get stung by an insect, then you’re no stranger to allergies.

“An allergy starts when the immune system mistakes a normally harmless substance for a dangerous invader,” explains the Mayo Clinic. The most common types of allergies include food allergies, respiratory allergies, contact allergies and insect sting allergies.

The following is a list of remedies for these allergies. If you have your own home remedy, leave a comment and let the rest of us know too…

Disclaimer: These home remedies are for academic purposes only. Consult a physician first. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Natural ways to relieve seasonal allergies
http://remedydaily.com/2016/05/02/allergy-remedy/

Sniffling noses, itchy eyes, watering eyes. It's allergy season. According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, allergies affect more than 50 million Americans. Seasonal allergies like hay fever are caused by pollen in trees, grasses, weeds and mold spores. People with a high sensitivity to these pollens are afflicted by symptoms that can be irritating and possibly debilitating.

While there are a number of both prescription and over-the-counter antihistamines available to treat allergies, WebMD warns that they can cause such side-effects as drowsiness, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, blurred vision and confusion. To combat allergies without the dreadful side-effects of antihistamines, try the following natural home remedies. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:28 pm

I have most of these ingredients, already! I love that the shelf life is FIVE YEARS! Very Happy

How To Make Neosporin – DIY Easy Tutorial With Pictures
http://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-make-neosporin-diy-easy-tutorial-with-pictures/

There are several OTC antiseptic ointments to choose from at the local market, which are normally applied directly to the wound. They are meant to prevent infection from developing. While these options often work and the products have some helpful ingredients, they also have some unnecessary ingredients, so they can be mass produced.

Fortunately there is an alternative for those of you who choose to live a more natural life, without the unnecessary added ingredients to every day products. This isn’t about saving money, because to be honest, the ingredients are not necessarily inexpensive for the initial purchase. On the other hand they will last a very long time and make several batches of antiseptic. Or, you can share by making this for family and friends who also want to benefit from a purer approach to healing.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:33 am

How to Treat Migraines with an Herbal Tincture
http://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-treat-migraines-with-an-herbal-tincture/

A migraine isn’t touched by simple over-the-counter aspirin or pain reliever, and it isn’t always relieved by a prescribed medication either. Some people are looking for a different approach, such as a herbal remedy.

The reasons vary, from wanting to go all natural to the preppers that want to have something on hand right when the first sign of a migraine appears. Regardless of your reason, the following information is a great alternative solution for an ancient problem.

Let’s take a look at an easy and effective tincture for migraines, as well as other ailments that will be discussed later in the article. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:41 am

Pain Relief using tumeric, instead of OTC meds!

How to Make All-Natural Homemade Turmeric Pain Pills
http://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-make-all-natural-homemade-turmeric-pain-pills/

If you watch the news on any given day, it doesn’t take long to realize there is an opioid addiction epidemic around the world. The use of it is on the rise, as well as the abuse from those using, prescribing, or those stealing and selling them.

However, that doesn’t mean there isn’t real pain among the people using prescription drugs, in turn creating a real need for something to help relieve that pain. But, does that need mean that a person must succumb to the addictive characteristics of prescription narcotics?

No. There many other natural alternatives to relieving pain. And, you can even make your own pain pills.

Turmeric is gaining in popularity.    ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Yesterday at 11:17 am

This Natural Bug Repellent Is As Effective As DEET!
https://thegrownetwork.com/natural-bug-repellent-beautyberry/

Beautyberry plants have long been used as a natural bug repellent to repel mosquitoes, biting flies, ticks, and other pests. Modern studies have validated this tradition, demonstrating compounds within the plant to be as effective as DEET.1) I often take a few leaves, crush them, and rub them on myself when I go into the woods. So when my wife complained about the mosquitoes eating her up each time she went out into the yard, my first thought was beautyberry.

I’ve been drawing from my foraging and herbalist skills to experiment with this plant, and I’m ready to share my results. Read on, and I will show you how to both identify this plant and use it to create a highly effective natural bug repellent.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down