Illegal Aliens/Immigration

Go down

Illegal Aliens/Immigration

Post by rick1 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:55 am

I know some people don't much care if there is illegal immigration or not, especially in the sanctuary areas of the U.S., but people need to be concerned for many reasons. With the current caravan of thousands heading towards our southern border and a second caravan being organized is just one of those reasons that can/will affect everyone:

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_of_illegal_immigration_diseases.html

rick1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Illegal Aliens/Immigration

Post by ReadyMom on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:10 pm

When I came to the United State with my parents, in 1960 (They also wanted better life opportunities):

- We had to have a sponsor BEFORE we even stepped on American soil! The sponsor was responsible for us, for our living quarters, our financial and our general needs until we were settled on our own.
- We had to have FINANCIAL sponsorship. (My aunt & uncle volunteered for both)
- My parents were INTERVIEWED in ENGLAND, BEFORE leaving to come here. They were interviewed SEPARATELY and TOGETHER!
- My parent’s SPONSORS were INTERVIEWED , in America, BEFORE my parents could leave!
- We were issued GREEN CARDS that had had to be carried at all times. (laminated green ID cards with our photos on them) ALL of US were issued those cards … my Dad, my mom, my brother and myself. Parents had to carry them. Kids didn’t.

They had to wait 7 years before legally applying for citizenship. Since we were living in PA, at the time, they had to go to Philly for the 'Naturalization' ceremony. Mom & Dad took us out of school, so that we could be there, too. I remember that day, like it was yesterday.

It was MANY years later that I actually got my citizenship official. I kept forgetting that my parents did not make the choice for my brother & myself to be legal citizens. They wanted us to make the choice ourselves, when we were older. So I had my childhood 'green card' for a LONG time! I had to go through a LOT of hoops to get my citizenship, because of waiting so long. The process took MONTHS (with the help of my Congressman). I also had to go to Phila to get my 'Certificate of Citizenship' (I claimed through my parent's original citizenship). We also took our 2 children out of school to go to my 'signing'. The immigration official was so nice. She let our kids sign in the margins of my papers, so that they could be a part of it all! Kids were in elementary school, at the time. When we came home, I decorated the whole front of our house with patriotic buntings (the flag was already always flying).

THAT is immigration. The RIGHT way.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:59 pm

RM, I bet your parents, yourself and kids appreciate living here in the U.S. more than most people.

But, my original post was what these illegal aliens/immigrants are bringing into this country that we need to be concerned about.

rick1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Sorry for the rant. This whole illegal issue really ticks me off.

I've been reading about the concern for the diseases, etc. It seems the news has been carrying an increase in stories about what was low to eradicated being on the increase, the past few, or so years.

And parents not wanting to vaccinate their kids now, is adding to the increase. Disease carrying non-citizens merged into our schools with non-vaccinated kid-citizens is a bad mix. Where do pandemics have the greatest risk to spread? Schools. The sheer number crammed into each classroom makes forprime breeding ground.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down