China: Military Ordered .. Concentrate Preparations for Fighting a War ...

Go down

China: Military Ordered .. Concentrate Preparations for Fighting a War ...

Post by Dave58 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:52 am

I didn't have time to read all of this at lunch , but it might be something to watch

China’s military ordered to ‘concentrate preparations for fighting a war’ as tensions with West grow
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7606950/china-xi-jinping-military-prepare-war/

CHINA's President Xi Jinping has told his military commanders to “concentrate preparations for fighting a war” as Beijing ramps up fighting talk with the West.

The communist ruler's instructions come amid rising tensions over the future of the South China Sea and Taiwan and weeks after a Chinese warship tried to ram a US Navy destroyer.

China Central Television presented a speech from President Xi - who has claimed the position in perpetuity - when he met troops and generals on a tour of Guangzhou province.

He told officers of the Southern Theatre Command: “It’s necessary to strengthen the mission … and concentrate preparations for fighting a war.

“We need to take all complex situations into consideration and make emergency plans accordingly.”

He also reportedly said the regional command was having to bear a “heavy military responsibility” as it was responsible for operations in the disputed South China Sea.   ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed link in Title line & Moved to Post body)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: China: Military Ordered .. Concentrate Preparations for Fighting a War ...

Post by rick1 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:01 pm

The previous administration could have stopped/slowed the process of China building the false island in the south china sea. The previous administration should have not cut the military's budget, now we're playing catch up. The best thing this administration can do is send nuclear warheads to Guam, Japan, Okinawa, Hawaii and so forth, but this would take the approval of congress. So, I'm sure there are more military aircraft and ships loaded with nuclear warheads now then any time before.

Are we heading toward war with China, I believe we are, but how soon:

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/are-the-united-states-china-destined-war-18759

rick1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:59 am

I think the combination of a trade war with both militaries flexing their muscles makes this a lot more dangerous than most Americans realize. Time for folks to double-check their winter preps and especially their EMP preps...if China decides to go to war, then I expect massive cyberattacks on grid infrastructure with an EMP followup to destroy any backup equipment that is brought out of storage. Might be time for me to grab a couple more 20 pound propane tanks just in case...you can never have too much propane right? Shocked

dmwalsh568

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:54 pm

This is not good. I shall continue progressing towards a grid-down situation.

Cinnamon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down