Top 5 Favorite Medicinal Herbs

Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:06 am

https://thesurvivalmom.com/top-5-favorite-medicinal-herbs/

Whether you grow your own herbs or buy them, these are my top 5 favorite medicinal herbs to have on hand. I am NOT a doctor! These herbs are not substitutes for a doctor’s medical advice! They are simple herbs, usually in capsule or tea form, that can be purchased at your local grocery or health food store. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 5 Favorite Medicinal Herbs

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:07 am

Going Natural: Cocconut Milk Can Kick Swine Flu Backside
http://disastermedicine-christine.blogspot.com/2009/10/going-natural-cocconut-milk-can-kick.html

(SNIP)  Now this advice is not meant to replace going to your primary care professional. Far from it. In fact, so far from it that you could travel to Pluto and back before reaching it. If you begin to experience any of the symptoms of the H1N1, the first thing you need to do is get yourself to the hospital or make an appointment with your primary care physician.

So, instead of replacing professional medical advice, this post is just meant to provide you with some additional tools by which you can strengthen your immune system to fight off infections. Having said that, let's get down to it:

To begin, I have come across a number of reputable natural products, which deserve acknowledgment here. I must state that I am not in any way trying to promote the sale of these supplements or have any monetary invested interest in them.

I just want to mention that studies have been done that show the efficacy of these agents in helping the body naturally handle viruses. --- CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:10 am

The Greatest Wilderness Medicine that You can
Make

http://www.pssurvival.com/PS/Health/Herb_Formulas/Wilderness_Medicine_Aspern_From_Willow_Tree_2010.pdf

Bark and Aspirin
The inner bark contains the compound related to aspirin. In the spring and early summer the bark will easily peel from trees in long sheets. At other times of the year you can scrape bark off the tree stems and branches using your survival knife.

Since ancient times certain tree barks have been well known for their properties of reducing fever, pain, and inflammation. A special ingredient contained in these barks is one of the most potent pain killers in nature.

Fever, muscle aches, osteoarthritis, headache, menstrual cramps, arthritis and inflammations including bursitis, tendonitis, and traumas such as a sprain can all be treated with a dose of natural salicin made from the bark of these trees

(SNIP)

In a wilderness survival setting, knowing how to harvest and use the salicin in tree bark is the most valuable natural medicine knowledge you can have.

Trees that Contain Salicin

Salicin concentrates in the inner bark of trees and shrubs related to willows which include:   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:11 am

10 common weeds that can heal you
http://www.thereadystore.com/emergency-preparedness-basics/3286/10-common-weeds-that-can-heal-you/

(SNIP)
. . . . weeds – found in your own yard – can be used to help heal sicknesses, burns, sores and other ailments. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:13 am

4 Easy Medicinal Plants you can grow
http://jalapenogal.blogspot.com/2013/03/4-easy-medicinal-plants-you-can-grow.html

As preppers we should seek to become more self-reliant. Producing/growing your own medicine is another way to do that. I have four medicinal plants anyone can grow: Aloe Vera, Peppermint, Garlic, and Sage. As with any product used for Medicinal Reasons please CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR if you think you might have complications from using any of the plants below. I am not giving medical advice only hard research from reliable sources. Please see the links at the bottom of the page for more information on each of these plants.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:13 am

10 Must Have Medicinal Herbs
http://www.offthegridnews.com/2013/06/26/10-must-have-medicinal-herbs/#

Image With a strong drive towards a return to a more natural way of living, medicinal herbs are growing in popularity as gardeners come to recognize the true benefits of growing their own medicinal treatments versus relying on over-the-counter or prescription concerns for something that can easily be remedied naturally.

For thousands of years medicinal herbs were all that humans had to cure their ailments, which often led to a fair amount of trial and error. The result of all of these years of trial and error is that we now have a solid idea as to what types of medicinal herbs we can take for particular health concerns. Some herbs, such as peppermint, have long been known for their abilities to soothe aching bellies and of course help to freshen breath. You may just be surprised at some of the other types of benefits that can be garnered by growing your own herbs. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:22 am

7 Natural Ways to Soothe a Respiratory Infection
http://survivallife.com/2015/12/13/soothe-respiratory-infection/

(SNIP) below is a list of 10 plants and herbs that can help to heal respiratory infections, boost lung health, and repair pulmonary damage. Keep in mind that none of these are surefire cures, but they have been known to help with such ailments.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:24 am

The Healing Properties of Catnip Tea | Survival Fitness
http://survivallife.com/2015/04/08/catnip-tea-healing-properties/

Catnip, or Nepeta Cataria, is a fragrant-smelling plant that belongs to the mint family. Its dried leaves are processed to provide a number of healing properties for problems such as nervousness, restlessness, flatulence, stress and pain. Experiments on the use of catnip tea are inconclusive however no health risk is involved when it is taken in small doses.

The Healing Properties of Catnip Tea

Herbalists say that both catnip roots and leaves provide health benefits, however, the effects are said to differ for each. While the leaves relieve nervous disorders, the roots function as a stimulant. Catnip is known to contain the following chemicals: dipentene, citral, choline, buteric acid, biotin and acetic acid. Additional constituents of this herb are Vitamin A, Vitamin B, valeric acid, sulfur, sodium, phosphorous, para-aminobenzoic acid, pantothenic acid, nepetallic acid, manganese, limonene, lifronella inositol and folic acid   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:25 am

30 Medicinal Plants That Could Save Your Life
http://survivallife.com/2014/09/04/30-medicinal-plants-that-could-save-your-life/

Living out in the wild, you’ll come across all kinds of medicinal plants and medicinal herbs that can be used for many different purposes, as long as you know where to look and how to use them.

Many plants are beneficial not only for food, but can be used as medicine as well.

Plants can be used to soothe all sorts of ailments. Everything from skin rash, arthritis, cold, fever, diarrhea, migraines, and everything in between can be treated with some kind of plant that can be found growing naturally in many different areas.

Cultures all over the world have been using plants for their medicinal properties for centuries, long before medicine was bottled and sold in pill form.  ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:26 am

You Pass by This Plant Everyday Without Knowing How to Use It When SHTF
http://www.askaprepper.com/making-natural-aspirin-after-the-shtf/

When there are no doctors about and all pharmacies are closed, how do you cope with pain? Fortunately, Mother Nature has given us a great analgesic in the form of salicin.

Salicin, is a naturally occurring compound found in the bark of Willow trees, most famously the White Willow. Salicin was originally used as the starting material in the creation of commercial Aspirin or acetylsalicylic acid. Today the process is synthesized on an industrial scale, but the analgesic effects of man-made aspirin, can be created naturally. In our bodies salicin is metabolized by the liver to salicylic acid. It is the salicylic acid, which acts in a similar way to commercial Aspirin.

There are a lot of advantages to using ‘natural aspirin’ or salicin. Firstly ---CONTINUED---

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down