Caches-General Information

3 posters

Go down

Caches-General Information Empty Caches-General Information

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:13 pm

What the Prepper Needs to Know about Emergency Caches
https://readynutrition.com/resources/44921_22012018/

(SNIP) ... The most important point that the reader must understand is DO NOT CACHE ALL OF THIS IN ONE PLACE! Everybody wants that “central location,” because everything is “there,” and it takes less time than making three or four different points.  No, belay that thought, helmsman!  Staggering it makes it more likely that some creeps will not get the whole treasure-trove.  ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Caches-General Information Empty Re: Caches-General Information

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:17 pm

How To Build, Plan and Bury A Survival Cache
https://www.skilledsurvival.com/survival-cache/

Caches-General Information A-Dirty-PVC-Survival-Cache-On-A-Table   A survival cache is a well-hidden stockpile of survival supplies.

It’s a collection of extra supplies you want to keep hidden and in reserve just in case.

There are many reasons why survival caches useful.

Here are a few of the most common ones: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:05 pm

Those are good articles. Of course, the actual caches created by various people are as varied as the people who build them, and the reasons they are built.

One person, on another site, when asked how to build a cache, responded with detailed instructions on how to build an under ground 5ft by 5ft by 5ft concrete vault that would be watertight.

Another might find PVC tubing, or a 50 cal ammo box to be the ideal container. I cached some stuff a while back, buried 2 inches under the floor of my backyard shed. For my purposes , it was ideal (my threat profile at the time was a common thief). For others, it would be one of the worst ideas.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Time to begin considering weapons caches again.
A review of the article in the OP of this thread is a good place to start.
Trump calls for Red Flag Laws (Truth About Guns)
Despite earlier tweets that appeared to indicate support for “stronger background checks,” he didn’t mention so-called universal background checks. That may be due to the fact that virtually every mass shooter in history has purchased the gun(s) used legally.

The big news here for gun owners is the President’s support for a so-called red flag laws or gun violence restraining orders. These laws allow firearms to be taken from individuals who are deemed to be a danger to themselves or others.

The problem with these laws is that they rarely provide due process protections for the targets of the orders. Depending on the language, family, friends or even co-workers can ask for confiscation and the gun owner frequently isn’t informed until they get a knock on their door from police.

Trump Calls for Red Flag Laws (Breitbart)
Trump said, “I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partnership with local, state, and federal agencies–as well as social media companies–to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike.” He then referenced the February 14, 2018, Parkland shooter, noting he had sent up many red flags with his behavior prior to the shooting, but no one took action to stop him.

Trump voiced support for “Red Flag laws, also known as Extreme Risk Protection Orders.” He explained, “We must make sure that those judged to pose a grave risk to public safety do not have access to firearms and that, if they do, those firearms can be taken through rapid due process.”

On August 4, 2019, Breitbart News reported that Rep. Dan Crenshaw’s (R-TX) also responded to the Texas and Ohio shootings by calling for Red Flag laws. Sen. Lindsey Graham also called for them in a tweet, writing: “Time to do more than pray. Time to enact common-sense legislation in Congress to empower states to deal with those who present a danger to themselves and others — while respecting robust due process.”
These calls for dismemberment of the 2nd Amendment by people who are supposed to be on the side of the Constitution are indeed a Red Flag, and every Patriot should be considering buying and Caching weapons and ammunition.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:51 am

Well TRex, you may be spot on, but to each their own. I have so many weapons that off the top of my head I can't tell you how many. Most, except a few pistols, were bought from private individuals, no bill of sale, no background checks, etc..

All politicians do not represent the majority of the people that voted them into office. They bow to pressure and the pressure is getting tight. They are all liars, cheats and thieves.

The government has been running the lives of its citizens since the beginning and it's going to get a lot worse with all the mass shootings, but, I agree that something has to be done. Taking my second amendment rights from me is not one of them. The laws that are currently on the books need to be enforced. There was an article in the letters to the editor a few years ago after on the mass shootings, and it stated this:

"Weapons, no matter what type, are inanimate objects. If guns kill people, then I guess pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk and spoons make people fat. Deny, deny, deny personal responsibility and deflect, deflect, deflect and blame inanimate objects."

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:18 am

Well, I agree with everything you wrote, except that I consider a hostile takeover of our government by Leftist forces (domestic enemies of the Constitution, for us veteran patriots)  to be just another man made disaster that I have to be prepared to contend with.

I already know one person that I consider "behind enemy lines." To say that the government is poised to take his guns when they get any opportunity (to include him becoming sick, disabled, or dying) isn't much of an exaggeration.

As Mike Vanderboegh would put it:
defy, resist, evade, smuggle.
If you (and maybe your next of kin) have never read his essay:
"A Brief Three Percent Catechism -- A discipline not for the faint-hearted - sipseystreetirregulars"
I recommend it.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:37 pm

ReadyMom wrote:...   A survival cache is a well-hidden stockpile of survival supplies.

It’s a collection of extra supplies you want to keep hidden and in reserve just in case.
Just in case. That is the key.
Mountain Guerrilla wrote what consider the ultimate guides to logistics and caches for irregular fighters and other survivalists. Very politically incorrect, and not for tender ears, but they are out there if you want to read them.

John Mosby, Forward Observer, who may or may not be the same person,
wrote:  "FORGING THE HERO"
A tribal strategy for building resilient communities and surviving the decline of empire.

Not. Light. Reading.
(Caveat, I haven't read it, it would be beyond my area of responsibility. I put it here in case someone passes this way, who is of that caliber.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:59 am

How To Make A Survival Cache And What To Put In It
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-make-a-survival-cache-and-what-to-put-in-it/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=AAP

Caches-General Information Cover-v1-1-890x395_c (SNIP) ... A cache is simply a quantity of extra supplies prepositioned, and usually hidden, near a route you plan to take. The big advantage is that you can set up a cache when times are good – when you can use your vehicle to move supplies and materials easily, and spend time selecting the perfect location.

Then, when the SHTF and you have to move to your BOL on foot, you know there are supplies waiting for you along the way. You don’t have to try to carry enough food and water to get all the way to your BOL – just enough to get you to the next cache. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down