ReadyMom
rick1
6 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Iranian developments - Page 3 Empty Re: Iranian developments

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 am

rick1 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7106845/Iran-six-months-away-having-NUCLEAR-WEAPONS-former-IAEA-deputy-warns.html

Another update. Iran getting closer to becoming a nuclear power.

Proverb says "I foresee a glass parking lot being developed."

Not good.

There is definitely going to be some urgency to have this situation resolved one way or another.

Even if we do absolutely nothing, no way Israel just sits back and lets it happen. That may spark a regional conflict drawing other parties in.

It's a very fragile and ominous situation.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:16 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Another update. Iran getting closer to becoming a nuclear power.
True, but not for several more months.
At least.

Even if we do absolutely nothing, no way Israel just sits back and lets it happen. That maywill spark a regional conflict drawing other parties in.

...ominous situation.
Exactly.
[I had to edit the quoted part a bit, in blue]

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:39 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Another update. Iran getting closer to becoming a nuclear power.
True, but not for several more months.
At least.

Even if we do absolutely nothing, no way Israel just sits back and lets it happen. That maywill spark a regional conflict drawing other parties in.

...ominous situation.
Exactly.
[I had to edit the quoted part a bit, in blue]

Well I can't disagree Smile

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:00 pm

Assuming Israel really does have nuclear capabilities (and I'm virtually certain they do), any regional conflict against them will quickly get ugly. But it should be good for US oil prices. Cool

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:27 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-says-abes-iran-trip-053230768.html

Weird link title,. The story talks about 2 oil tankers attacked in the straight of Hormuz Thursday.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:10 am

Yeah, Al-Jazeera confirms that two tankers were attacked and evacuated early this morning:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/06/uk-maritime-group-warns-incident-gulf-oman-190613054602630.html

Lots of interesting info in the article, but the scary part is buried in the middle of the article
Front Altair had been chartered by Taiwan's state oil refiner CBC Corp and was carrying 75,000 tonnes of naphtha, a petrochemical feedstock, when it was "suspected of being hit by a torpedo" around noon Taiwan time (0400GMT), Wu I-Fang, CPC's petrochemical business division CEO, told Reuters. He said all crew members had been rescued.

Norway's Frontline shipping company, which owns the Front Altair, said its vessel was on fire.
This is definitely not good.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:56 am

Iran has accelerated production of enriched uranium, things are getting closer to the nuke button Shocked :

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Iran-has-accelerated-production-of-enriched-uranium-IAEA-says-592042#/

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 am

Just when it looked like things might be setting down..... Nope.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:22 am

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:09 am

Just to add to the confusion:

https://japantoday.com/category/national/Ship-operator-says-sailors-saw-%27flying-objects%27-just-before-attack

Operator of tanker says sailors saw 'flying objects' just before attack

The Japanese operator ship operator of one of two oil tankers attacked near the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday said that sailors on board its vessel, the Kokuka Courageous, saw "flying objects" just before the attack, suggesting the tanker wasn't damaged by mines.

That account contradicts what the U.S. military has said as it released a video it says shows Iranian forces removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the two ships in the suspected attack.

And

https://hillreporter.com/japanese-tanker-owner-mike-pompeo-incorrect-narrative-of-iran-attack-38427

Yukaka Katada is the owner of the Kokuka Courageous, which was hit port side by a limpet mine in the Gulf of Oman, according to the U.S. assessment. But Katada said that’s wrong — his ship, he maintained, was hit starboard side, and not by a mine.

The attack didn’t even come from within the water, he said, but rather by a flying projectile.

“It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Katada said.

Katada also asserted that the “impact was well above the water,” according to reporting from The Daily Beast. He did not have any opinion on who was responsible for the attack.

Some have openly questioned the speed at which Pompeo and the State Department came to their conclusions.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:28 am

If they saw something come thru the air could it have been a small rocket ??? If it was would had to of been close ??

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:45 pm

One one of the articles I was reading talked about how there is some confusion about the translation of the word they used - could have meant bullet, projectile, rockets, or something similar. They were sure however that the ship was hit above the water line, which pretty much rules out mines....

Will be interesting to see how the international community acts as the information slowly comes out.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:37 pm

I definitely saw a ship with damage above the water line.

Just a hunch with nothing to back it, but could it be that the
Iranians placed a mine, when it failed to detonate, they hit
the ship with a rocket. After the ship stopped they went to
retrieve the dud mine.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:43 pm

TRex2 wrote:I definitely saw a ship with damage above the water line.

retrieve the dud mine.

That's possible, but I find it interesting that the Japanese owner of the ship said the damage was on the opposite side from what Pompeo was telling the media...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/japanese-oil-tanker-owner-says-us-is-wrong-about-gulf-attack

Maybe the owner was wrong, or maybe our government is lying about this....time will tell.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:07 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:I definitely saw a ship with damage above the water line.

retrieve the dud mine.

That's possible, but I find it interesting that the Japanese owner of the ship said the damage was on the opposite side from what Pompeo was telling the media...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/japanese-oil-tanker-owner-says-us-is-wrong-about-gulf-attack

Maybe the owner was wrong, or maybe our government is lying about this....time will tell.

It's not unusual for initial reports to have conflicting information, especially when translation is involved.

From what I've read most stories say both ships were damaged on their starboard side. If both ships were exiting the straight of Hormuz this would be the sides of the ship opposite of the Iranian coast.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:32 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:...
From what I've read most stories say both ships were damaged on their starboard side. If both ships were exiting the straight of Hormuz this would be the sides of the ship opposite of the Iranian coast.
I noticed that too, but the map I saw showed they were
a substantial distance from the actual straight, so that
could have some bearing on this situation.

Cold war is, unfortunately, three parts deception,
two parts propaganda, and one part violence.

The good news is, things seem to be developing slowly,
rather than the way they developed for WW1.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:00 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:...
I noticed that too, but the map I saw showed they were
a substantial distance from the actual straight, so that
could have some bearing on this situation.

Oddly, here we are, another 24 hours has gone by and I don't see much mention of the fact that the ship that has the rocket hole is damaged on the Starboard side, furthest from Iran.

This indicates (without much proof) two things. First is that all the harping about us fabricating the attack (or saying it is a false flag attack) is orchestrated by some entity, and two, that entity doesn't want to ask that question.

(Possibly, and I am getting out on a limb here, could it be that Iranian propaganda is orchestrating the attacks on our President, and they don't want to ask that question, since we would then reveal that it was an Iranian vessel that attacked the ships? As long as the question is not asked, no one says anything and no one is forced to escalate.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:06 pm

I ran across this, by accident (following a link from somewhere else), that partially supports my theory.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2019/06/pompeo-blames-tanker-attacks-iran-offers-no-evidence/157719/ wrote:“At 8:09 a.m. local time a U.S. aircraft observed an IRGC Hendijan class patrol boat and multiple IRGC fast attack craft/fast inshore attack craft (FAC/FIAC) in the vicinity of the M/T Altair [one of the damaged tankers],” he said.

The Hendijan Class boats carry missiles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_ships_of_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran_Navy#Missile_craft

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:14 am

Yep, both sides have lied so much that it's hard to believe any proof that is put forth. That said there is definitely a drumbeat for war with Iran and Iran isn't helping that with their defiance of the nuclear deal (that was still active with countries other than USA.)
I'll just be keeping an eye on how other countries are reacting and hopefully nothing bad happens here in the US - but with hackers probing our industrial infrastructure and electrical grid, that's not as certain as it once was.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:50 am

Ok, it's looking more like Iran really does want to go to war with us. Sigh.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/middleeast/iran-drone-claim-hnk-intl/index.html

Tehran, Iran (CNN) - Iranian forces have shot down a United States military drone, a move that appears to have escalated the volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East.

Iran's Revolutionary Guard said it had shot down an "intruding American spy drone" after it entered into the country's territory Thursday, according to state-run Press TV.

A US official confirmed to CNN a drone had been shot down, but said the incident occurred in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world's most vital shipping routes.

Still waiting for response from DC....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:26 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:Ok, it's looking more like Iran really does want to go to war with us. Sigh.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/middleeast/iran-drone-claim-hnk-intl/index.html

Tehran, Iran (CNN) - Iranian forces have shot down a United States military drone, a move that appears to have escalated the volatile situation playing out between Washington and Tehran in the Middle East.

Iran's Revolutionary Guard said it had shot down an "intruding American spy drone" after it entered into the country's territory Thursday, according to state-run Press TV.

A US official confirmed to CNN a drone had been shot down, but said the incident occurred in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world's most vital shipping routes.

Still waiting for response from DC....

I just saw that story and came here to post the same thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/iran-shoots-down-american-drone-international-airspace-us-062756185--abc-news-topstories.html

What is Iran thinking shooting down a drone in international airspace. They are trying to provoke at this point. The tensions continue to rise and it's just a matter of time until something else happens. Boltons war hawk advice will only fall on deaf ears so long until people (including president Trump) start to listen to him.

Last edited by Drinkthekoolaid on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:54 am

Yeah, the IRG has already been declared a terrorist organization, and now they've blown up a US drone in International airspace. Unless Tehran denounces them as rogue elements (and quickly), I fear that the US response will be a cruise missile or twenty....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:40 am

I don't believe that the drone was in international airspace, no matter what the fake news says or the white house. This is the U.S., of course it was flying over Iran.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:51 am

rick1 wrote:I don't believe that the drone was in international airspace, no matter what the fake news says or the white house. This is the U.S., of course it was flying over Iran.

Even if it was in Iranian airspace, as long as the White House claims it was in international airspace (and nobody calls them on it) it's all the pretext they need to make some limited strikes. Say IRG bases or munitions factories or other military type targets.

This can easily snowball out of control since if we escalate then so will Iran.

That said, I have to ask what do you consider fake news media? Checking Breitbart, Foxnews and CNN they all say the same thing - that Iran claims one thing, and the US claims another.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:58 am

I think I will just put this here....https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9335064/pentagon-nuclear-weapons-chilling-new-doctrine/

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:23 am

Dave58 wrote:I think I will just put this here....https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9335064/pentagon-nuclear-weapons-chilling-new-doctrine/

Well that's not good. Shocked

Nothing like a doctrine to scare opponents into a use it or lose it proposition. I'm not sure how many people realize there has never been a limited nuclear war. In WW2 we used all the bombs we had on hand to get Japan to surrender, sure we had more in production, but we used every bomb we had ready at the time. https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-planned-to-drop-12-atomic-bombs-on-japan

Guess I need to make sure my bicycle is in good shape in case I need to get to work without using gasoline. Probably should get some spare tubes and a couple of repair kits.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:28 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:I think I will just put this here....https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9335064/pentagon-nuclear-weapons-chilling-new-doctrine/

Well that's not good. Shocked

Nothing like a doctrine to scare opponents into a use it or lose it proposition. I'm not sure how many people realize there has never been a limited nuclear war. In WW2 we used all the bombs we had on hand to get Japan to surrender, sure we had more in production, but we used every bomb we had ready at the time. https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-planned-to-drop-12-atomic-bombs-on-japan

Guess I need to make sure my bicycle is in good shape in case I need to get to work without using gasoline. Probably should get some spare tubes and a couple of repair kits.

Quote from the above link

“Using nuclear weapons could create conditions for decisive results and the restoration of strategic stability,” the joint chiefs’ document states."

To me this has NK or Iran written all over it. I see their strategic vision of using nukes to prevent Iran/NK from development or using their nukes against others. I would envision a low yield penetration warhead to Target deep underground facilities.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:33 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:
rick1 wrote:I don't believe that the drone was in international airspace, no matter what the fake news says or the white house. This is the U.S., of course it was flying over Iran.

That said, I have to ask what do you consider fake news media? Checking Breitbart, Foxnews and CNN they all say the same thing - that Iran claims one thing, and the US claims another.

The news media is feed statements from the government, whether it's from the FBI, CIA, DOD, the white house, etc.. And I know the government never lies about anything, or have/do they? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:10 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 am

Hat Tip  Hat Tip to John West, from his blog:

Iran Threat Looming, Israel Holds Large Military Drills
https://moneyandmarkets.com/israel-large-military-drill-iran/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 am

Hat Tip  Hat tip to John West, from his blog:  (The first link is like an introduction and then will take you to another link, with more info)

The US has been privately telling Tehran that it will attack if Iran makes this one wrong move
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-warns-iran-this-one-thing-will-start-a-fight-2019-6

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:00 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:President Trump's response to Iran

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-shoots-down-us-drone-042503816.html

Interesting quote attributed to POTUS on https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-irans-us-drone-shoot-down-may-have-been-mistake-but-country-will-not-stand-for-it

“They made a very big mistake,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office, alongside Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

“I find it hard to believe it was intentional, and it could have been someone who was loose and stupid,” he added.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:27 pm

They shot down a drone in international airspace, not surprising, but Trump is giving them an "out" if they will take it. Trouble is, they will likely view any such "out" as showing weakness, and refuse to go that route.

Trump doesn't bluff, but I suspect his response will be measured and restrained. It would take us about 4 or 5 months at this point to spin up the war machines for taking Iran nose to nose (or is it toe to toe) for a fight to the death. But we could bloody their nose in any hour.

As for the Pentagon Paper, if you peruse places like the War Colleges and such on a regular basis, you will soon see that papers like that come and go on a routine basis. Could be a signal to Iran, or it could be nothing at all.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 pm

TRex2 wrote:They shot down a drone in international airspace, not surprising, but Trump is giving them an "out" if they will take it. Trouble is, they will likely view any such "out" as showing weakness, and refuse to go that route.

Trump doesn't bluff, but I suspect his response will be measured and restrained. It would take us about 4 or 5 months at this point to spin up the war machines for taking Iran nose to nose (or is it toe to toe) for a fight to the death. But we could bloody their nose in any hour.

As for the Pentagon Paper, if you peruse places like the War Colleges and such on a regular basis, you will soon see that papers like that come and go on a routine basis. Could be a signal to Iran, or it could be nothing at all.

All Iran has to do is admit it and blame it on some rogue air defense battery commander and make him a sacraficial lamb. But like you say I think it's far more likely that the Iranian hardliners double down on stupid.

Here is Trump's latest quotes
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/06/trump-on-us-strike-on-iran-youll-soon-find-out/?utm_source=quayle&utm_campaign=alt&utm_medium=facebook

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:18 am

This is super interesting.

Apparently last night we were in the process of launching a strike against Iran and president Trump called it off.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/president-trump-ordered-military-strike-iran-reversed-last-033400920.html

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:36 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:This is super interesting.

Apparently last night we were in the process of launching a strike against Iran and president Trump called it off.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/president-trump-ordered-military-strike-iran-reversed-last-033400920.html

There's more to the real story than what is being told to us. Plus, Pres. Trump doesn't want this on his watch with the 2020 elections coming up, he just started his 2020 bid last week in Florida.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:39 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Trump called off the air strike because the Iranians haven't killed any of our people (since this phase began, last month), which was a condition he set. They have been pretty careful not to kill any of our people. The strike would have killed about 150 of Iranians, which would have put us into a vary weak position of defending our reasoning.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:26 am

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:04 am

Hat Tip Hat tip to John West, over on his blog:

What would a US-Iran conflict look like?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48718959?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-correspondent

Iran is an altogether more complex challenge both militarily and politically. Some in the White House clearly want regime change. They are likely to be disappointed. So rule out a major land war.

Any follow-up Iranian attack on US ships or aircraft would almost certainly be met by an escalation from the Americans. Iranian naval installations, air bases and so on would be hit by aircraft and cruise missiles with the focus, in part, on the Revolutionary Guard Corps whose naval arm appears to have played a prominent role in recent events. wrote:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Iran has sleeper cells in the US also.
Avoid crowds and large events if we go to war
against ANY Islamic nation, especially Iran.

This article just scratches the surface of
Iran's assets in the U.S.
https://clarionproject.org/iranian-backed-cells-pose-direct-threat-homeland/
The existence of Hezbollah sleeper cells with their Iranian agents in the U.S. is already known to intelligence officials. Just last year, two Hezbollah terrorists were arrested for planning attacks in the U.S.

One had already scouted potential targets in New York City including JFK International Airport. Both terrorists were U.S. citizens, meaning they had free rein to exit and re-enter the U.S. at will, which they did. Under questioning, one admitted he was a “sleeper” agent of Hezbollah’s Islamic Jihad tasked to carry out “black ops” for Hezbollah and “the Iranians.”

In 2007, Iranian agents were caught trying to blow up fuel tanks and pipelines going to JFK.

“It is clear that Hezbollah has the will and capacity,” said King. “Hezbollah is probably the most experienced and professional terrorist organization in the world.”

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:25 pm

The good news is that some of our guys hacked the Iranian's systems and shut down their air defense batteries, by remote command.

The bad news is: that is a trick that, if they are smart,
we can only do once, since they may well plug that hole.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:49 pm

TRex2 wrote:The good news is that some of our guys hacked the Iranian's systems and shut down their air defense batteries, by remote command.

The bad news is: that is a trick that, if they are smart,
we can only do once, since they may well plug that hole.

Agreed. I think it shows how close we were to dropping bombs. We wouldn't have done this if an attack was not imminent.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:33 am

DTKA wrote:Agreed. I think it shows how close we were to dropping bombs. We wouldn't have done this if an attack was not imminent.
I hadn't thought of this angle: that Trump might
have ordered both, and simply nixed the bombing
and allowed the cyber attack to continue.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:43 pm

Iran publicly flaunting they are already over the enrichment threshold. Not good development. They are well on their way to enough fissile material for warheads.

Israel can't be happy. You know they won't allow Iran to get much farther than they are at this point.

Then this just happened. Maybe it's related, maybe something else entirely??

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-02/vp-pence-recalled-white-house-emergency-airforce-2-diverted

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/breaking-news-vice-president-ordered-to-immediately-return-to-white-house-for-unspecified-emergency

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Iran publicly flaunting they are already over the enrichment threshold.  Not good development.  They are well on their way to enough fissile material for warheads.

Israel can't be happy. You know they won't allow Iran to get much farther than they are at this point.

Then this just happened. Maybe it's related, maybe something else entirely??

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-02/vp-pence-recalled-white-house-emergency-airforce-2-diverted

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/breaking-news-vice-president-ordered-to-immediately-return-to-white-house-for-unspecified-emergency

I just started a thread on this over in 'chit-chat' (didn't know where else to put it, till confirmed). There are more rumors now ...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:35 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Iran publicly flaunting they are already over the enrichment threshold.  Not good development.  They are well on their way to enough fissile material for warheads.
Last night they announced that, in addition to going over the max allowable quantity (total weight) of 3.7% enriched Uranium, they intend to enrich beyond the 3.7% limit, as well.This news is of greater consequence, as it signals their intent to pursue a nuclear device, in spite of the treaties or sanctions.

Experts say it will still take them over a year to actually build a bomb.
Nonetheless, my prep window looks like it will shrink to 6 months
(to achieve some sort of peak readiness)

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2019/07/07/iran-blames-europe-as-it-breaches-uranium-enrichment-cap wrote:Government spokesman Ali Rabiei told a news conference Iran will go beyond the limit of 3.67 percent enrichment Sunday and the new percentage “will be based on our needs,” without specifying any further details,
Sunday’s decision came less than a week after Iran acknowledged breaking the deal’s 300-kilogram (661-pound) limit on its low-enriched uranium stockpile. Experts warn higher enrichment and a growing stockpile narrow the one-year window Iran would need to have enough material for an atomic bomb, something Iran denies it wants but the deal prevented.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:54 am

I'm not overly concerned with Iran's moves. It looks like it's a cry for attention more than a concerted effort to build a bomb. Now, once they kick out the UN nuclear inspection teams, that will set off alarm bells for me to finish any preps I have undone.

And I fully trust Israel to keep a close eye on Iran and to attack anything that even looks close to a bomb assembly site....but that would likely ignite a full blown war in the Middle East, so I want to have any preps complete before I hear of Israeli strikes inside Iran.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:20 pm

If you read the article, we cannot seem to prove the Iranians grabbed it, but that does seem the most logical explanation. I think we are slowly moving towards the wars described in prophesy, but am slightly confused that that some of the signs seem out of sequence.

Thankfully, it looks like we are moving very slowly towards war, and not rushing headlong into it.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:09 pm

Hat Tip  Hat Tip to John West, over at his Daily Big Threats blog:

Britain will send another warship to the Gulf amid heightened tensions with Iran as it's revealed seven Royal Navy vessels are already in the region
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7251619/Iranian-bomb-boat-discovered-path-Royal-Navy-destroyer-sent-Gulf.html

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Hat Tip  Hat Tip to John West, over at his Daily Big Threats blog:

Britain will send another warship to the Gulf amid heightened tensions with Iran as it's revealed seven Royal Navy vessels are already in the region
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7251619/Iranian-bomb-boat-discovered-path-Royal-Navy-destroyer-sent-Gulf.html

"(SNIP) ... The Ministry of Defence said Type 23 frigate HMS Kent would deploy to the Gulf later this year as part of Operation Kipion, the UK's mission in the region, after days of threats to British shipping. (SNIP) ... The MoD insists that the movements are 'long-planned' and not an escalation, but they come after weeks of tension in the Gulf which heightened further when Britain seized an Iranian tanker off Gibraltar two weeks ago." wrote:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:58 am

TRex2 wrote:If you read the article, we cannot seem to prove the Iranians grabbed it, but that does seem the most logical explanation. I think we are slowly moving towards the wars described in prophesy, but am slightly confused that that some of the signs seem out of sequence.

Thankfully, it looks like we are moving very slowly towards war, and not rushing headlong into it.  

Great points and completely accurate.

But, as usual Iran doesn't disappoint. They now are admitting it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-guards-seized-foreign-tanker-111616436.html

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:12 am

Iran is now claiming they detained the ship because it was smuggling Iranian oil. Of course yesterday they were saying that they brought the boat in for "necessary repairs."

It'd be nice if they could pick one cover story and stick with it. Cool

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:50 pm

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-seizes-foreign-tanker-it-accuses-of-smuggling-fuel-11563449352

So now we have shot down 1 of their drones ... As the plot thickens PopCorn

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum