Virginia gun rights rally 1/20/20

5 posters

Go down

Virginia gun rights rally 1/20/20 Empty Virginia gun rights rally 1/20/20

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:21 am

We are approaching "rally weekend" and the more I'm reading it sounds like Richmond is going to be one heck of a show.

The governor has gone full out tyrant and thousands of pissed off people are descending upon the capital. Virginia representatives are even warning us we're being set up. http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=159007 (highly recommend you read her own words before it gets scrubbed)

There are people itching for a fight and others vying for control and power.

Things have escalated so much that there are rumors of antifa and the right forming an alliance to join forces in this protest

Things might get really crazy.

Oh, and on top of the restricted access, fencing, illegal gun free zones, state of emergency, away equipment, police resources, now there is air Force SIGINT spy planes orbiting Richmond https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020/01/18/special-operations-surveillance-aircraft-circling-richmond/

https://www.radarbox24.com/data/mode-s/AE5B8A/1379663308

This has all of the elements to go completely off the rails. There are a lot of people, highly charged emotions, government resources and corrupt political processes in play where this might quickly spiral out of control

I thought this event might warrant its own thread.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Virginia gun rights rally 1/20/20 Empty Re: Virginia gun rights rally 1/20/20

Post by rick1 Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:57 am

Nice article Drink, and that Senator is right. I guess I'm one heck of an old domestic, hippy, terrorists then. What happens in Virginia will be a setting for other states, either to follow or to leave well enough alone.

Spent 6 years in the USMC learning how to kill at the age of 17, Vietnam vet and I have patches on my jacket and stickers on my vehicles that say, USMC, combat veteran, NRA, don't tread on me. I have one on my truck, that has a picture of an AR-15 and says, "Come and take it, I got PTSD". Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:52 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:

Things might get really crazy.

Oh, and on top of the restricted access, fencing, illegal gun free zones, state of emergency, away equipment, police resources, now there is air Force SIGINT spy planes orbiting Richmond https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020/01/18/special-operations-surveillance-aircraft-circling-richmond/

https://www.radarbox24.com/data/mode-s/AE5B8A/1379663308

This has all of the elements to go completely off the rails. There are a lot of people, highly charged emotions, government resources and corrupt political processes in play where this might quickly spiral out of control

I thought this event might warrant its own thread.

And the more people read & see what is happening the more they will talk about it and the more it will get people riled up to spiral.  An angry mob.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:23 pm

In another strange and peculiar twist, the airspace above Richmond is now restricted as being of national defense.

https://gunsinthenews.com/faa-declares-airspace-over-richmond-va-national-defense-airspace-until-after-lobby-day/

This story is getting more bizarre and ominous by the hour.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Hey Drink, do you think the Virginia Governor is running scared? If I were in his shoes, I'd be scared, Laugh Animated and not just on the 20th either.

I don't think anything major will come out of this.

Hey ReadyMom, have you heard anything from your son yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:13 pm

rick1 wrote:Hey Drink, do you think the Virginia Governor is running scared? If I were in his shoes, I'd be scared, Laugh Animated and not just on the 20th either.

I don't think anything major will come out of this.

Hey ReadyMom, have you heard anything from your son yet?

I bet he's not.

I bet he won't even be there. He will be off-site somewhere else.

I think he's happy as a clam. He's getting exactly what he wants. He is carrying out the bidding of his far left handlers/advisors/donators (ex, Bloomsburg) and he is deliberately provoking a very public spectacle. He WANTS this rally to be Charlottesville 2.0 or worse so then he can say his gun ban is needed and justified.

The problem with his strategic decision, is short sighted. Sure he will convince some people watching non stop sensationalist coverage on CNN or MSNBC about these crazy gun nuts and militia types that need to be stopped. He's also going to convince a bunch of fence sitters that the "right" is correct. That they really are coming for our guns and it's time to choose a side. I hope he pulls his admiral Yamamoto and awakens a sleeping giant. And everyone knows how the rest of the story. If not, look up what happened to admiral Yamamoto.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:14 pm

rick1 wrote: Hey ReadyMom, have you heard anything from your son yet?

No. We just took him back, yesterday afternoon. He did say that his apartment is not directly in the city and he doesn't think he'll be affected at all. I'll probably talk to him, tonight or tomorrow and will def be asking for an update.  I'm reading all kinds of posts in facebook groups and it sounds like something out of the 1700's!  

Like one person wrote, they need to keep this the most peaceful, calm rally in history to stay protected. The slightest thing will set them off.

From what I read, there is only one main entrance into the rally point with lanes for scanning & checking before entering. Folks are concerned that that means only one way OUT, should anything happen. I can't believe that they haven't got other emergency exits in place, for such a scenario, even though they are not being used as an official entrance. I know this is an annual rally (I didn't know that before), but personally, I think the whole rally sounds like a tinder box, this year.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:33 am

While I still think that real violence (shootings and killings) is several months or even a year away, there are already some calls to arm.

https://www.daybydaycartoon.com/comic/tar-baby/

https://www.wjhl.com/news/va-gun-rights-group-reacts-to-declared-state-of-emergency/
Interesting statement on about the forth or fifth screen down, starting with:
Since 2003 the Virginia Citizens Defense League has held its lobby day and rally every year and done so with zero incidents.
The governor needs to realize that his actions are escalating the situation.
Unless, of course, his intent is to escalate:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/gun-groups-virginia-democrats-want-violence-to-disrupt-smear-gun-control-protest
Gun groups: Virginia Democrats want violence to disrupt, ‘smear’ gun control protest
by Paul Bedard January 16, 2020 08:13 AM
Second Amendment groups heading a planned protest and rally of potentially 130,000 supporters Monday in Richmond, Virginia, are warning members to be on the lookout for agitators “invited” by gun control advocates to stir up violence and discredit their effort.

In an alert sent by one of the groups leading the “lobbying day” effort, supporters were advised to look the other way should counterprotesters challenge them.

“If someone tries to provoke you, smile and walk away. There is probably someone secretly recording the interaction, with the intent of capturing some kind of inappropriate reaction on your part. Don't take the bait. It's not worth the bad press,” said the alert from the Virginia Citizens Defense League, which has conducted annual lobby day events peacefully since 2002.

On Wednesday, Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam declared an emergency around the state capital for the Monday event, declaring that there “are considered credible threats” of violence, but he didn’t give details. As a result, guns are banned in the area, even by those who have legal concealed carry permits.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:56 am

TRex2 wrote:While I still think that real violence (shootings and killings) is several months or even a year away, there are already some calls to arm.

https://www.daybydaycartoon.com/comic/tar-baby/

https://www.wjhl.com/news/va-gun-rights-group-reacts-to-declared-state-of-emergency/
Interesting statement on about the forth or fifth screen down, starting with:
Since 2003 the Virginia Citizens Defense League has held its lobby day and rally every year and done so with zero incidents.
The governor needs to realize that his actions are escalating the situation.
Unless, of course, his intent is to escalate:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/gun-groups-virginia-democrats-want-violence-to-disrupt-smear-gun-control-protest
Gun groups: Virginia Democrats want violence to disrupt, ‘smear’ gun control protest
by Paul Bedard  January 16, 2020 08:13 AM
Second Amendment groups heading a planned protest and rally of potentially 130,000 supporters Monday in Richmond, Virginia, are warning members to be on the lookout for agitators “invited” by gun control advocates to stir up violence and discredit their effort.

In an alert sent by one of the groups leading the “lobbying day” effort, supporters were advised to look the other way should counterprotesters challenge them.

“If someone tries to provoke you, smile and walk away. There is probably someone secretly recording the interaction, with the intent of capturing some kind of inappropriate reaction on your part. Don't take the bait. It's not worth the bad press,” said the alert from the Virginia Citizens Defense League, which has conducted annual lobby day events peacefully since 2002.

On Wednesday, Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam declared an emergency around the state capital for the Monday event, declaring that there “are considered credible threats” of violence, but he didn’t give details. As a result, guns are banned in the area, even by those who have legal concealed carry permits.

Here's a great example.

Busloads of antifa are showing up "allegedly" to join forces with the right to protest the gun laws. They are rumored to be wearing MAGA hats and NRA gear

If that doesn't sound like a planned double cross set up to do something stupid and have us take the blame I don't know what does then.

It's going to get sporty.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:37 pm

I still think all will be OK. If not, let the games begin. Pillow Fight-2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Here's a great example.

Busloads of antifa are showing up "allegedly" to join forces with the right to protest the gun laws. They are rumored to be wearing MAGA hats and NRA gear

If that doesn't sound like a planned double cross set up to do something stupid and have us take the blame I don't know what does then.

It's going to get sporty.
Refer again, to that cartoon I linked to at the beginning of my post.
(Warning: today's "Day by Day" comic is OK, however, a lot of the stuff in that particular comic is NSFW. )

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:53 pm

Spoke with our son, last night. He said that he's not hearing anything ( Surprised He must not be watching the news ... he did say he's barely watching any tv, right now). As far as he's concerned, it's no big deal.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:01 am

Hat Tip Hat tip to John West's Daily Big Threats Blog:

Credible threats of violence as pro-gun rally is held in Richmond, FBI says
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-gun-rally-threats-of-violence-richmond-pro-second-amendment-demonstration-today-2020-01-20/

The FBI and local law enforcement say they've received credible threats of violence ahead of a gun rights rally in Richmond, Virginia, Monday, where Democrats are proposing new gun laws. Tens of thousands of people, including white supremacist groups and militias, may attend.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:23 am

If you are on Twitter, you can view this short video clip: (Let me know if you can see it, even if you are NOT on twitter and I'll post others I come across.)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1219256602911526912

Virginia gun rights rally 1/20/20 Screen60

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:26 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:30 am

Thousands Of Pro-Gun Activists And Far-Right Extremists Swarm Richmond, Virginia
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/richmond-virginia-pro-gun-activists-far-right-extremists_n_5e24eabcc5b674e44b9a2f39?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Virginia gun rights rally 1/20/20 5e25b53a24000049066c46ad

(Statements like this are what could make things worse):
“This is peaceful civil disobedience,” said one armed protester named Michael, who declined to give his last name. “We’re not here for a fight, but we’re ready if need be.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Seems that all was calm during the protest. Sleep-Pillow

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:15 pm

The first link had lots of Leftist dweebs complaining about the peaceful rally.

Did any of the Leftist infiltrators try anything? According to the second Twitter link, apparently an American one, there was no violence.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:48 pm

No Violence. Peaceful! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 pm

ReadyMom wrote:No Violence. Peaceful! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am so glad cooler heads prevailed.. I'm very thankful that they didn't get suckered into a fight... Happy Clap Happy Clap

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down