Protein in Your Diet

Go down

Protein in Your Diet Empty Protein in Your Diet

Post by ReadyMom Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:23 pm

The Pantry Primer: Building Your Protein Stockpile
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/the-pantry-primer-building-your-protein-stockpile/

Protein in Your Diet Building-Your-Protein-Stockpile One area in which many pantries are lacking is protein. Because meat is so perishable (and also expensive) it is often the most neglected frontier of the one-year pantry.

This is a vital addition to your pantry, because without proper protein, hard-working muscles cannot heal and strengthen. Particularly in a disaster situation, you may be called upon to perform much harder physical labor than you are accustomed to. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Protein in Your Diet Empty Re: Protein in Your Diet

Post by ReadyMom Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:10 am

Protein Powder for Preppers: Choosing It, Using It, and Storing It
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/protein-powder-for-preppers-choosing-it-using-it-and-storing-it/

Protein in Your Diet Protein-Powder-for-Preppers-1 (SNIP) ... A good quality protein powder can turn a “snack” into a nutritional motherlode at the touch of a blender. In fact, you don’t even have to have a blender if all you want is the protein part. There are shaker cups with a little whisk ball inside that will thoroughly mix most good protein powders with nothing but people power. ( I like the ones with at least 28 ounces for more shaker space.)

It can also play a part if you have a family member who isn’t eating for some reason. Perhaps they’re sick and maybe they just don’t have an appetite due to the stress of the situation. A shake loaded with protein powder, nutrient-rich fruits, and a base of milk (dairy or non-dairy), can provide everything a person needs with no chewing required. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat May 23, 2020 11:00 am

Alternative Protein Sources
https://www.sunoven.com/alternative-protein-sources/

What are your plans to provide alternative protein sources in an emergency situation?

As you collect canned goods don’t forget about this vital nutrient. The human body is nearly half protein, found in muscles, blood, antibodies and enzymes which make other body functions work. Often commercially processed meats are loaded with salt to enhance the flavor. There are other sources. Here are some items to consider adding to your supplies. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:57 am

The Best Long-Lasting Protein Sources for a Crisis
https://www.askaprepper.com/the-best-long-lasting-protein-sources-for-a-crisis/

Protein in Your Diet Cover-v1-890x395_c (SNIP) ... For many, the financial burden of building a stockpile forces them to seek out ways of reducing their financial outlay at any cost. Unfortunately, that cost might just end up being their health, especially if they don’t stockpile the right things.

More than anything, what I see people trying to do, in order to save money, is stock up on carbohydrates, while cutting back on proteins. But both are equally important to a survival diet. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:51 am

20 Best Protein Sources to Add to Your Food Storage
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/best-protein-sources-food-storage/

Protein in Your Diet Ngcb11 Of all the nutrients to include in your diet, protein is one of the most important.

(SNIP) ... When we think of protein, we think of huge cuts of meat to sustain us for long periods. Meat may be expensive, scarce, or dangerous to hunt in your area, yet you still need protein sources. Here are 20 healthy and delicious protein sources to add to your food storage. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down