Prepping for the road warriors

3 posters

Go down

Prepping for the road warriors Empty Prepping for the road warriors

Post by Scudrunner Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:56 am

I travel for work and play. I've always had a small bugout bag for short term emergency needs... but what if it turns into long term. With this in mind, I did my research and bought a Honda CR-V all wheel drive.. I then removed the back seat and built a bed platform in the back, leaving room underneath for storage. From there I put a 6" memory foam mattress in, to camp in my car as needed. I've expanded my bugout bag to a medium size backpack, if I have to ditch the car or it no longer runs (EMP). I also have a military modular sleep system tucked under the platform. For those who don't know what this is, it's two sleeping bags, one a summer weight and one a more winter weight. The two zip together to form a deep cold sleeping bag. It also has a an outer gore-tex bivy bag. The problem with the system is it's bulky but warm when put together. I use the system in Bosnia for 10 days one winter. It worked very well.

I also have two weeks of food packed and a sealed container of rice (rice goes a long way). I have water but in my bugout bag I have water purification system items. While some may disagree, I have a Ruger 10/22 rifle and a SR-22 pistol with plenty of ammunition. So if the SHTF and the food runs out I can hunt for my dinner.

I know whether I'm at home or away this vehicle will get me away from an immediate hazard or survive a long term catastrophe.

Scudrunner

Back to top Go down

Prepping for the road warriors Empty Re: Prepping for the road warriors

Post by rick1 Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Nice setup, I also have a get home bag, but don't travel very far, 60 miles tops, enough for 3 days.

I agree with a 10/22, I also have a 10/22 (takedown model) and a walthers P22 and a ruger P95.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:58 pm

The only people who won't agree with your 10/22 are people we don't like anyway Cool

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scudrunner Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:47 pm

True...lol

Scudrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down