Churches & Other Religious Groups-CoVid 19

2 posters

Go down

Churches & Other Religious Groups-CoVid 19 Empty churches ....

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:40 pm

HatTip2 Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:

US Worshippers Grapple With Virus Burdens Others Have Borne
https://www.voanews.com/usa/us-worshippers-grapple-virus-burdens-others-have-borne

NEW YORK - A rising number of churches across the United States are making changes in response to the coronavirus outbreak, including a decision by numerous Catholic dioceses to suspend the serving of wine during Communion.

Thus far, there’s been no indication of any widespread cancellations of worship services. However, Jamie Aten, a psychologist who is executive director of the Humanitarian Disaster Institute at Wheaton College, said it would be wise for faith leaders to start preparing for that eventuality.

“Some faith communities already ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Churches & Other Religious Groups-CoVid 19 Empty Churches & Other Religious Groups-CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:54 pm

HatTip2 Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:

How American churches are dealing with coronavirus panic just weeks before Easter
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-churches-in-the-us-are-responding-to-coronavirus-2020-3

Church leaders are stepping up their own rules, including bans on drinking from the shared chalice of wine during the Eucharist ceremony, as well as discouraging handshaking. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Churches & Other Religious Groups-CoVid 19 Empty Re: Churches & Other Religious Groups-CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:35 am

Louisiana church packed for services again despite charges against pastor amid pandemic
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-louisiana-life-tabernacle-church-packed-services-again-charges-against-pastor-tony-spell/

Central, Louisiana — Buses and cars filled a Louisiana church parking lot for another service Tuesday evening as worshippers flocked to hear a Louisiana pastor who is facing misdemeanor charges for holding services despite a ban on gatherings amid the coronavirus pandemic.

A few protesters turned out, too, including a man shouting through a bullhorn against those gathering at the Life Tabernacle Church in the city of Central, where pastor Tony Spell has been holding services. Another demonstrator held up a sign reading: "God don't like stupid." ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Churches & Other Religious Groups-CoVid 19 Empty Re: Churches & Other Religious Groups-CoVid 19

Post by floridaclipper Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:21 pm

In my diocese Mass and all church groups and functions have been suspended. Some of the parishes are streaming mass. I read of another that was having Mass at the church but in the parking lot. They could tune in while sitting in their cars. I really liked that idea as one could be present but still respect the local officials request for social distancing.

The Easter Triduum is a very important week in my faith and it will be difficult for me not to be there. Up until a couple weeks ago I attended mass daily. Online or on TV is just not the same.

floridaclipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down