Travel Plans & Other Travel Concerns-CoVid 19

+2
rick1
ReadyMom
6 posters

Go down

Travel Plans & Other Travel Concerns-CoVid 19 Empty Travel Plans & Other Travel Concerns-CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:17 pm

HatTip2 Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:

Who Pays if There's a Coronavirus Outbreak and You Get Quarantined on Vacation?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/who-pays-if-theres-a-coronavirus-outbreak-and-you-get-quarantined-on-vacation/ar-BB10NBoD?li=BBnbklE&ocid=iehp

The COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak has understandably made people nervous about travel. In response, public-health officials and experts have issued lots of advice for travelers, including the directive to only visit places you wouldn’t mind ending up quarantined. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Travel Plans & Other Travel Concerns-CoVid 19 Empty Re: Travel Plans & Other Travel Concerns-CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:07 pm

What is Trump’s European travel ban?
https://www.foxnews.com/travel/what-is-trumps-european-travel-ban?fbclid=IwAR30iMuh9XIjxG9R9p2LTwjPp2HF7zGoHUcqDWBIZrI0AwU_1ZwMNLVYS3I

President Trump on Wednesday announced a temporary ban on travel from Europe in an effort to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

The 30-day ban starts Friday at midnight and covers the 26 European countries in the Schengen Area: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland, and excludes the United Kingdom and Ireland. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Travel Plans & Other Travel Concerns-CoVid 19 Empty Re: Travel Plans & Other Travel Concerns-CoVid 19

Post by rick1 Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:42 pm

I have to agree with the travel ban, also, if you would want to travel to any of those countries, you're on your own and you wouldn't be comming back to the U.S., period.

But nobody has mentioned anything about out southern border, anybody know what's up with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:51 pm

No haven't heard anything.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:38 pm

I haven't heard anything about our southern friends...Nobody has mentioned our northern neighbors....

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed ,but I think our economy is going to take a huge hit so I think Trump and his home boys need to suck it up and get it over with.. The more people rub elbows with each other the more its going to spread.... We need to slow down human contact....

Just my humble thoughts

Stay safe everybody

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:38 pm

The southern border is definitely in the news, just not being discussed by the Leftist MSM.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/4/dhs-links-coronavirus-border-328-chinese-illegals-/
Some 328 immigrants from China have been caught crossing the border illegally so far this year, according to Homeland Security data that raises the prospect a coronavirus carrier could sneak into the country via the U.S.-Mexico border.

Three other people from South Korea — another country with rapidly spreading cases — have also been arrested at the border, as have 122 people from the Dominican Republican, where the coronavirus has now been detected.

All told, more than 1,000 migrants a day are caught attempting to sneak in illegally from Mexico, which detected its first case last week, and since has identified five others.
Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad F. Wolf raised the issue Tuesday with the House Homeland Security Committee, saying that illegal immigration presents a unique threat compared to legal travelers from China, who are being screened on arrival.

“The individuals that are coming in at our 11 airports that are being funneled, we have very good information of their travel history, of their medical history. We’re not going to have that same set of fidelity for the individuals if this continues to grow at the southwest border,” he said.

Mr. Wolf also said the spread of the virus in Mexico creates new complications,...

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:28 pm

ILLINOIS:

Illinois Tollway Booths Shut Down
https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/illinois-tollway-booths-shut-down

Drivers will need to pay online or use an I-PASS to pay their tolls as Tollway officials do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:48 pm

Trump administration to extend European travel ban to include UK and Ireland
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-european-travel-ban-uk-ireland

The Trump administration will extend its European travel ban to include the U.K. and Ireland as part of continuing efforts to combat the coronavirus pandemic, President Trump said Saturday, before saying he was also looking at the possibility of domestic travel restrictions as well.

“We are looking at it very seriously, yeah, because they’ve had a little bit of activity unfortunately,” he said when asked in the White House briefing room about reports that the European travel ban would be extended. “So we’re going to be looking at that -- we actually already have looked at it and that is going to be announced.”

Asked if he was considering any domestic travel restrictions, Trump said: "Yes, specifically from certain areas, yes we are." ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:55 pm

U.S. and Canada Preparing to Suspend Non-Essential Travel Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
https://time.com/5805462/canada-u-s-mutual-ban-coronavirus-covid19/

(TORONTO) — Canada and the United States are working out the details of a mutual ban on non-essential travel between the two countries amid the new coronavirus pandemic, a Canadian official said late Tuesday.

The official was not authorized to discuss details amid discussions and ahead of an announcement and spoke to The Associated Press on condition anonymity.

Both countries are eager to choke off the spread of the virus but also eager to continue the critical economic relationship. Canada relies on the U.S. for 75 percent of its exports. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:23 pm

We cancelled our Easter break family vacation to the NC mountains Sad

Sigh... But it's the right call....

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:We cancelled our Easter break family vacation to the NC mountains Sad

Sigh...  But it's the right call....

Yes, that's the right call. Now that you saved the money by not going, you can buy some more prep food, we all may need it sooner than we think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:56 am

We cancelled plans for a visit to kids in April and May, a visit from my brother and family on Memorial Day, family visit here in June, and for us to go to Germany/Switzerland in July.

We have tentative trips scheduled for September/October, but I suspect those will be cancelled, too.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:57 pm

National parks have waived fees. But think twice about visiting.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/national-parks-have-waived-fees-but-think-twice-about-visiting/ar-BB11tjMG?li=BBnbklE&ocid=iehp

Three days of rejuvenation in Canyonlands National Park seemed the perfect bridge from winter to summer. But like so many other spring break national park escapes, our plans to pitch tents in the Needles Campground next week were undone by coronavirus.

Confusion about whether it’s safe to social distance at national parks was heightened by U.S. Interior Secretary David Bernhardt’s announcement Wednesday that park fees would be waived. The decision to waive park fees and encourage Americans to head to the great outdoors runs contrary to ongoing closures, public concerns—and to official White House guidance instructing that all gatherings of 10 or more people be canceled. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:24 pm

Gov. DeSantis suspends vacation rentals in Florida, orders checkpoints on roads
https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/gov-desantis-suspends-vacation-rentals-in-florida-orders-checkpoints-on-roads

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Gov. Ron DeSantis is ordering that checkpoints be installed along Florida's roads to account for traveling drivers and has also suspended all new vacation rentals in Florida for the next 14 days.

DeSantis made the announcement during a press conference on Friday. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:05 pm

Coronavirus impact: State-by-state restrictions
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/state-by-state-restrictions

Daily routines nationwide have halted as officials implement drastic steps in an attempt to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.

But as the virus continues to spread around the world, government officials throughout the United States have issued "stay-at-home" or "shelter-in-place" orders, allowing those venture outside for essential jobs, errands and exercise only. Many states have also closed non-essential businesses and limited restaurants and bars to take out and delivery only.

(SNIP) ....Here is the state by state breakdown of restrictions imposed by local officials: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down