Discussion & News-USA --(NOT CASES)-APRIL 2020

+2
rick1
ReadyMom
6 posters

Go down

Discussion & News-USA --(NOT CASES)-APRIL 2020 Empty Discussion & News-USA --(NOT CASES)-APRIL 2020

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:32 am

Courts order ICE to free some immigrants, but lawmakers call for more action amid pandemic
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-ice-releases-immigrants-lawmakers-federal-courts/

Over the past several days, as the coronavirus pandemic has ravaged the U.S. and the rest of the world, several federal courts have ordered the Trump administration to release detained immigrants who are at higher risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19, given their age or underlying medical conditions.

Federal judges in New York, Pennsylvania and California have granted requests to free a small number of immigrants held in close quarters who advocates say face imminent danger from a pandemic that has killed more than 3,600 people in the U.S. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Discussion & News-USA --(NOT CASES)-APRIL 2020 Empty Re: Discussion & News-USA --(NOT CASES)-APRIL 2020

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:41 am

Coronavirus is hitting larger cities harder. How should they respond?
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-coronavirus-larger-cities-harder.html

Cities are vibrant centers of modern life, tied together by dense and diverse networks of socioeconomic interactions. But the sorts of connections that foster creativity and innovation in cities now threaten to spread the novel coronavirus.

New interdisciplinary research from the University of Chicago quantifies how COVID-19 has attacked large U.S. cities at much higher rates—growing roughly 2.5 times faster, for example, in the New York metropolitan area (pop. approx. 20 million) than in Oak Harbor, Washington (pop. approx. 84,000).

But these numbers only represent part of the story of the pandemic, ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Discussion & News-USA --(NOT CASES)-APRIL 2020 Empty Re: Discussion & News-USA --(NOT CASES)-APRIL 2020

Post by rick1 Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:45 pm

Well, the walmarts are now limiting the number of shoppers that will be allowed in the store at anyone time. Once the quota that is allowed inside, you must wait outside until a shopper leaves, a one for one exchange.

Also, they have roped off areas inside, basically, you can only shop for food. Their sales will be taking a tumble and so will their stocks, maybe time to wait a little while and start stocking up on walmart stock, I think I will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:36 pm

I ordered a grocery pickup from WM. They are now scheduling pickups 2 days after order so it's hit and miss. It's like you describe, only 1 entrance open. Carts roped together. The guy that brought my order out said they can only allow a small % of the store's capacity to enter. Wasn't able to score any ground beef or turkey so I'll buy online and get it shipped.

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Blondie wrote:I ordered a grocery pickup from WM. They are now scheduling pickups 2 days after order so it's hit and miss. It's like you describe, only 1 entrance open. Carts roped together. The guy that brought my order out said they can only allow a small % of the store's capacity to enter. Wasn't able to score any ground beef or turkey so I'll buy online and get it shipped.

Hi Blondie, glad to see ya again. Yep, they're only leaving 20 people in for every 1,000 square feet of store being used.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:47 am

Around here, BJs Wholesale Club and Market Basket (supermarket chain) have both limited the number of patrons in the store at one time and have one entrance and one exit in use. Other markets haven't started that yet, but all have put plexiglass between cashier and customer and have marked 6 feet spacing in the checkout lines.

I've noticed that it's still impossible to get paper products at most locations other than expensive fancy dinner napkins. As soon as product hit the shelves it's snapped up by whoever is in the stores. Oh well, this is why I prepped, right?

It has also been interesting to see the ads asking folks to support their local restaurants with takeout or delivery at the same time they are asking us to stay home and only go out for essentials. Of course it's useful for essential workers to be able to grab food while on shift that they didn't have to prepare themselves.

FYI - I'm an IT support person at a school, and while the school is closed, I still have to go into the building occasionally to fix server issues that can't be dealt with remotely. Definitely surreal to drive through McD on the way to school and have nobody or maybe one other car in line, and then walk into a silent school building....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:18 am

While the world battles the coronavirus, our adversaries are planning their next attack
https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/491322-while-the-world-battles-the-coronavirus-our-adversaries-are

Every nation is engaged in fighting the coronavirus. The pandemic has caused tens of thousands of deaths, and many nations are using drastic measures to fight its spread. While we seek to make common cause with our allies in this effort, it is worth remembering that our adversaries often use crises to further their agendas. Indeed, we already see leaders across the globe — many struggling with similar problems in their own nations — seeking to spread disinformation about the source and scope of this global pandemic. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:19 am

Dr. Fauci Says He Doesn't Think Americans Should Ever Shake Hands Again
Dr. Fauci Says He Doesn't Think Americans Should Ever Shake Hands Again

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director, said Americans should never shake hands again, in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus and other diseases. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:53 am

What it's like to be a 'deathcare' worker collecting bodies during the coronavirus pandemic
https://www.businessinsider.com/death-care-workers-and-funeral-directors-collect-bodies-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-4

(VIDEO at Link)

In the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, those that have lost a love one face social distancing and funeral restrictions in addition to grieving their loss.

And for NYC's deathcare workers, guiding these grieving families gets harder and harder every day. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:18 pm

Dr. Fauci: 'We're starting to see glimmers of hope' but distancing strategies must be 'intensified'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-fauci-starting-to-see-glimmers-of-hope

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Wednesday that even though “we’re starting to see some glimmers of hope,” the United States needs to “keep pushing on the mitigation strategies.”

Fauci, a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said on “America’s Newsroom” that those mitigation strategies, including social distancing, need to continue because “there is no doubt that that’s having a positive impact on the dynamics of the outbreak.” ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:24 pm

Trump preparing to unveil second coronavirus task force, officials say
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-preparing-to-unveil-second-coronavirus-task-force-officials-say/ar-BB12lZW2?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

President Trump is preparing to announce as soon as this week a second, smaller coronavirus task force aimed specifically at combating the economic ramifications of the virus and focused on reopening the nation’s economy, according to four people familiar with the plans.

The task force will be made up of a mix of private-sector and top administration officials, including chief of staff Mark Meadows — whose first official day on the job was last week — Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and national economic adviser Larry Kudlow, a senior administration official said. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 am

Coronavirus Was Slow to Spread to Rural America. Not Anymore.
https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-slow-spread-rural-america-122824791.html

Grace Rhodes was getting worried last month as she watched the coronavirus tear through New York and Chicago. But her 8,000-person hometown in southern Illinois still had no reported cases, and her boss at her pharmacy job assured her: “It’ll never get here.”

Now it has. A new wave of coronavirus cases is spreading deep into rural corners of the country where people once hoped their communities might be shielded because of their isolation from hard-hit urban centers and the natural social distancing of life in the countryside. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 am

Where are your Papers? Fauci Says Americans May Have to Carry Certificates of Coronavirus Immunity
https://offgridsurvival.com/where-are-your-coronavirus-papers/?fbclid=IwAR3IGyql07XWTFdQiSeiTN1ee-bKiLcfDwnMTN7dyn0T-jWTH4A4iGQLsaE

As we slip further and further into our new dystopian reality, Americans are starting to except massive amounts of unconstitutional government orders. Just a few months ago, this enormous loss of civil liberties would have seemed implausible to most Americans, now many are welcoming the crackdown on freedom with open arms.

The latest draconian nightmare for anyone who still cares about our founding values and freedoms comes straight to us courtesy of one of the nation’s largest fear-mongers, Dr. Anthonly Fauci himself. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:20 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Where are your Papers? Fauci Says Americans May Have to Carry Certificates of Coronavirus Immunity
https://offgridsurvival.com/where-are-your-coronavirus-papers/?fbclid=IwAR3IGyql07XWTFdQiSeiTN1ee-bKiLcfDwnMTN7dyn0T-jWTH4A4iGQLsaE

As we slip further and further into our new dystopian reality, Americans are starting to except massive amounts of unconstitutional government orders. Just a few months ago, this enormous loss of civil liberties would have seemed implausible to most Americans, now many are welcoming the crackdown on freedom with open arms.

The latest draconian nightmare for anyone who still cares about our founding values and freedoms comes straight to us courtesy of one of the nation’s largest fear-mongers, Dr. Anthonly Fauci himself. ---CONTINUED---

Did Hitler require something like this for the Jewish people ???

You can't shop here unless you have your certification ????

Your not allowed here without your papers

God help us this is going to turn into a mess

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:28 pm

ReadyMom wrote:[b]Where are your Papers? Fauci Says ...

don't be so sure. Dr Fauci, who IMHO, is rapidly outliving his usefulness, but not because of this, doesn't make policy. He understands the virus, and he makes suggestions. President Trump has rebuffed Dr Fauci's ideas on multiple occasions, and I am certain this, too, will go into the dust bin of half baked ideas.

Just to add to this, I believe he has outlived his usefulness, because those who feed him information have been turned by our enemies, and they are now feeding him disinformation. Any good analyst, when new to a position, can discern good from bad information, if they have done their homework before taking that position. After a long period of time in that position, however, the enemy knows what to feed the analyst to slowly poison his knowledge foundations until he is willing to accept the false info they give him. This has happened to Dr Fauci, especially in the assessment of Azithromycin/chloroquine combination for killing Covid-19 infections. He was fed bad info on the results, deliberately, to undermine President Trump, and he repeated that info on live television.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:54 pm

DHS and HHS say, if 30 day stay at home is lifted, death toll could reach 200,000 this summer.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/10/new-projections-show-summer-spike-if-coronavirus-restrictions-lifted/23975101/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Certainly, if the restrictions are dismissed completely, there would be an extreme spike, but if they are lifted piece by piece, the case load could be managed.

The AOL article is based on a New York Times article, they say was leaked from the CDC. The NYT has an absolutely abysmal track record on such things. I wouldn't put much faith in what the NYT says.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:36 am

TRex2 wrote:Certainly, if the restrictions are dismissed completely, there would be an extreme spike, but if they are lifted piece by piece, the case load could be managed.

The AOL article is based on a New York Times article, they say was leaked from the CDC. The NYT has an absolutely abysmal track record on such things.  I wouldn't put much faith in what the NYT says.

Yep, you're 100% right TRex on the NY times being fake news, along with many others, I just thought it was an interesting article, that just may happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:44 pm

Trump Reportedly Ordered 600,000 Coronavirus Tests From South Korea As Pressure Mounts To Reopen Economy
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/04/13/trump-reportedly-ordered-600000-coronavirus-tests-from-south-korea-as-pressure-mounts-to-reopen-economy/#20185f3f702e

Topline: President Trump ordered 600,000 COVID-19 tests from South Korea in late March, Reuters first reported Monday, with the first shipment expected this week, as Trump faces mounting pressure to reopen the economy amid skyrocketing unemployment and a volatile stock market, but experts say widespread testing is among the measures needed to make that happen. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:47 pm

A negative COVID-19 test doesn’t necessarily mean you’re safe. As many as 30% might be false negatives
https://www.zmescience.com/science/news-science/covid-19-testing-false-negative-05235/

As the coronavirus is sweeping through the United States (as well as the rest of the world) with ungodly fury, much of our efforts to suppress the pandemic is tied to testing. Shortages of test kits and trained personnel have created a bottleneck in many areas, which are now left behind confirming new cases. To make matters worse, a negative test doesn’t necessarily mean a person is safe. As many as 30% of field tests may return false negatives, according to recent reports in scientific journals and the media. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Pandemic puts strain on people relying on food banks: "We're starving … but we're not the only ones"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-pandemic-puts-strain-on-people-relying-on-food-banks/

The coronavirus pandemic that has already cost more than 22,000 American lives is also causing many to go hungry. Thousands have been forced to wait for hours in long lines at food banks across the country.

Feeding America, the nation's largest network of food banks, reported a 98% increase in demand. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Trump Lashes Out at Fauci Amid Criticism of Slow Virus Response
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-fauci-amid-criticism-of-slow-virus-response/ar-BB12wPbh?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

WASHINGTON — President Trump publicly signaled his frustration on Sunday with Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the federal government’s top infectious disease expert, after the doctor said more lives could have been saved from the coronavirus if the country had been shut down earlier. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat May 02, 2020 4:32 am

Experts say the coronavirus will be around up to another 2 years and infect 60% to 70% of population:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/health/report-covid-two-more-years/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat May 02, 2020 7:58 am

rick1 wrote:Experts say the coronavirus will be around up to another 2 years and infect 60% to 70% of population:

My wife and I have talked about that. The Spanish flu was her for quite a while , but if you talk to people and ask them the average answer is this will be gone in a couple of months...

Sometimes people are amazingly gullible....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat May 02, 2020 9:09 am

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Experts say the coronavirus will be around up to another 2 years and infect 60% to 70% of population:

My wife and I have talked about that. The Spanish flu was her for quite a while , but if you talk to people and ask them the average answer is this will be gone in a couple of months...

Sometimes people are amazingly gullible....

Dave, kids are gullible, adults are just plain stupid, especially the ones that live in the city (sorry if I offended anybody).

Hey, maybe that's why DHS order over $5 million dollars, (100,000), body bags.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down