AA Batteries-Comparisons

3 posters

Go down

AA Batteries-Comparisons Empty AA Batteries-Comparisons

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:58 am

SHOWDOWN: Best AA Battery – the Results Will Shock You!
https://www.cinemasound.com/showdown-aa-battery-value-the-results-will-shock-you/

AA Batteries-Comparisons IMG_4305 If you’re like us, you go through a LOT of AA batteries in a year. After seeing several “the best AA battery” videos testing duration or best overall value, we thought we’d create a best AA battery article ourselves – and ultimately a showdown – between all the AA battery choices on Amazon and skew the results specifically for we independent media creators with respect to Wireless Transmitter and Receiver use. We were reasonably sure we knew what the results would be, but what we discovered shocked us – and has totally changed how our battery purchases will go for the foreseeable future. Read on. ---CONTINUED---

Includes:
The Basics
The Trials
Pricing
Lithium, Alkaline, Zinc
Live Long and Prosper
Value and Vivification
The Last Lap
Takeaways

Admin

Back to top Go down

AA Batteries-Comparisons Empty Re: AA Batteries-Comparisons

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:10 pm

I have AA and AAA radio shack rechargeable batteries, have had them for years and they keep a charge for a long time.

I also have other brands of rechargeable batteries, but radio shack and eneloop  are the 2 best ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:42 pm

Quality Problem

Ray-O-Vac Alkaline Batteries, manufactured Feb 2018 and before.

I have a very limited number of rechargeable batteries, because I had some serious problems with them, many years ago. Instead I have bought Alkaline batteries, in bulk packages.

I have bought Ray-o-Vac batteries for the past 20 years, and most of the time they have worked well. For about a dozen of those years, I would buy about 100-150 batteries a year, and used almost that many, each year.

I developed a sufficient stock for about two years, but when I retired, that same stockpile  became a 10 year stockpile, and I that meant I had shelf life issues, which I resolved by giving most of them away.  

As a prepper, I soon got into the habit of buying 60 AA's and 60 AAA batteries, every winter, when they seemed to have the best prices. Each year I would give my oldest unopened packages away.

Ray-O-Vac batteries (since about 2015) have an expiration date printed on their side, showing 10 years after manufacture. Over the years they have been the best battery for the money, allowing me to purchase them for 50% to 75% of the price of other batteries.  On the other hand,  since 2004 (I think) they have been manufactured in various different countries (including China).

Until recently, I didn't have too much problems, but about a year ago, I began to have leakage problems. At first, it was batteries between 4 and 5 years old, that had run down in the device and been left there.

Then, as they reached 5 years old, many of them began leaking as soon as they ran down, and just recently, some of the ones (two out of the remaining 40) that had never been used, began to leak.

This is an unacceptable failure rate, so I am writing this to make others aware. If anyone has Ray-O-Vac Alkaline batteries, dated Feb 2018, or before, I suggest giving them a close inspection. It is up to you, what to do with them.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down