Cyber Attack on Major Gasoline Pipeline

+2
rick1
Dave58
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cyber Attack on Major Gasoline Pipeline - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyber Attack on Major Gasoline Pipeline

Post by Dave58 Thu May 13, 2021 9:47 pm

rick1 wrote:Dave, it's just a matter of time and a few key strokes away from happening.  Shocked

I sure hope I'm wrong.

I hope your wrong to brother. I'm not finished planting our garden yet ... Lots of loose ends to tie up

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Cyber Attack on Major Gasoline Pipeline - Page 2 Empty Re: Cyber Attack on Major Gasoline Pipeline

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri May 14, 2021 7:32 am

There are other simpler kinetic ways to inflict damage on our infrastructure.

I'm sure many of you heard about this but perhaps for some you haven't take a few minutes to read up on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalf_sniper_attack

This happened years ago. From what I've read if 6-7 coordinated and trained teams hit 6-7 critical transfer stations simultaneously the western interconnect would have been taken down for perhaps up to a year or longer.

Even worse, the perpetrators have still never been caught.

This was clearly a learning exercise for someone.

The point is simply this, there are very real and credible threats to our infrastructure and some you don't need to be a computer scientist to pull off....

Be prepared for any number of contingencies because sooner or later it's going to happen.

It will either happen because the .gov wants it to so they can crack down on a group or push an agenda or as part of a new "gray warfare" between another nation state or organization.

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri May 14, 2021 1:52 pm

I remember that Drink.

Last I heard was that it was a couple of ticked off employees that decided to go postal.

Only a couple of tic's and a few toc's away from having to hunker down.

DAVE, you're planting your garden and you're worried about not having it all in? Man, I don't plant until the 1st and sometimes the 2nd week of June. I've seen heavy frost here as late as June and end up loosing all the blossums on the apple trees.

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri May 14, 2021 3:10 pm

rick1 wrote:...
Now, just my opinion, I think this was a test run by a foreign entity, most likely Russia, to see if it would be worth to take down the power grid, in the middle of next winter.

What's your opinion??????
The hacking group is a Russian bunch, known to freelance, once in a while. I have seen them do work for China.

Based on it coinciding with the Hamas (formerly Suni, but these days, they take funding from both Al Q'ada and Iran) attack on Israel, I would bet it was at the behest of Iran, this time.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri May 14, 2021 3:20 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalf_sniper_attack

This happened years ago.  

Even worse, the perpetrators have still never been caught.  

This was clearly a learning exercise for someone.  

The point is simply this, there are very real and credible threats to our infrastructure and some you don't need to be a computer scientist to pull off...  
There has been theory that it was former employees, but never proven.
They knew just what to cut to prevent the alarms from reaching the nearest police department.
They departed when the cops were 1 to 2 miles from reaching the site. And knew which way to go to avoid detection.

This gives them flexibility. They can take down the grid from halfway around the world, and then destroy the physical infrastructure right here in the US. In a one-two punch, they could eliminate us, permanently, from the Global Stage. The Prophesy would be fulfilled, for the battles shown in Isaiah 17 and Ezekiel 38 to begin.

I only hope that God doesn't decide to let things ride for 40 years between our destruction and those prophesies. Those will be some hard years. (I wouldn't survive more than a few months.)

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue May 18, 2021 2:51 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:25 pm

So in today's pipeline hack update, the WH has seized millions in bitcoin out of the hands of the attackers!

I thought once you were a target of ransomware you are at their mercy because no one has cracked the code. Yet.

The ransom was paid, the hackers released the pipeline and we reversed the bitcoin payment like a bounced check? Laughing

Are we believing the story?

Blondie

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:52 am

They only got a little over half the money, but better then nothing. They can give me the other half and I'll share it with everybody here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/u-s-recovers-millions-pipeline-ransom-because-hackers-mistake-n1269889

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:26 pm

rick1 wrote:They only got a little over half the money, but better then nothing. They can give me the other half and I'll share it with everybody here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/u-s-recovers-millions-pipeline-ransom-because-hackers-mistake-n1269889

If I were the folks that took such a big risk hacking into to gas company and demanding ransom. If I had made a deal to release the computers and then got screwed out of some of my money the very next time that I did something like this I would rock their world.....

Things are about to get a little wild PopCorn

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:56 pm

Dave, exactly my thoughts when I posted that update.

Now they've ticked them off by insulting their intelligence. Bigger and better targets that will require a bigger ransom. Especially when the WH says to companies don't pay up.

Blondie

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:59 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9709913/Hacker-tried-poison-Ca-water-supply-breaking-facility-manipulating-water-treatment.html

One of these times they are not going to be so lucky and a bunch of people will be sick or dead...

Keep your heads on swivel The games afoot...

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:22 pm

Dave58 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9709913/Hacker-tried-poison-Ca-water-supply-breaking-facility-manipulating-water-treatment.html

One of these times they are not going to be so lucky and a bunch of people will be sick or dead...

Keep your heads on swivel The games afoot...

Yep, times are getting tougher and tougher.

Maybe this title should be changed to just Russian Hacking. It seems they're hacking everything.

St. Joe's hospital system, in Georgia, was hacked too.

Soooooooo much for joe crow's warning to Uncle Vlad:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/georgia-hospital-ransomware-attack-biden-putin-summit

There's no much to hack now, except the financial system, just one big bank system and Russia will have all the bases covered.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:19 pm

It would seem, since this stuff has been going on for years, now, that hospitals (whose billing systems were among the first systems in the world to suffer a worldwide ransomware attack) would create a secondary network, isolated from the world's internet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/after-huge-global-cyberattack-countries-scramble-halt-spread-ransomware-n759121

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:47 pm

TRex, you're 110% correct, but they won't. Nobody can tell me why doctors, hospitals, other medical fields need to be tied to systems outside the U.S.. Or even why they have to be tied together in the U.S..

When I started with the U.S. Marshall service and computers came out, there were only 3 computers (Sentry System) that were in the district offices and none, not one was tied to any other marshall's office in the U.S..

If something had to be sent to another outside office, it was copied on a 5 1/2 inch floppy and overnighted to that office or driven there by somebody. And if they needed that information yesterday, it was read to them over the phone and recorded.

Yep, systems make life easier, but they also put the screws to ya too.

The down fall of America, computers and cell phones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2