Monkey Pox in the USA

4 posters

Go down

Monkey Pox in the USA Empty Monkey Pox in the USA

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:39 pm

Ugh!

CDC monitoring 200 people in 27 states for monkeypox
https://nypost.com/2021/07/20/cdc-monitoring-200-people-in-27-states-for-monkeypox/

Monkey Pox in the USA Monkey-pox3

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Monkey Pox in the USA Empty Re: Monkey Pox in the USA

Post by TRex2 Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:02 pm

From the above linked article:
The CDC is monitoring more than 200 people in 27 states for possible exposure to monkeypox, after they were in contact with a Texan who contracted the rare disease in Nigeria earlier this month.

No additional cases of the smallpox-related disease have been detected in the US, according to Stat.

State and local health officials are working with the feds to monitor the individuals who were in contact with the monkeypox patient and follow up with them daily until July 30, according to the website.
They might want to start breaking out the small pox vaccines, since that vaccine gives a decent level of protection against monkeypox.

(Supposedly, we have enough in our Stategic National Stockpile to vaccinate everyone, but right now we need to offer it to our medical people.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:05 pm

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:22 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Whaaaaaaaaat?????

World Health Network declares monkeypox outbreak a pandemic
https://www.businessinsider.in/international/news/world-health-network-declares-monkeypox-outbreak-a-pandemic/articleshow/92412273.cms

That's around 42 for each country, wonder if this has anything to do with our November elections???

Isn't the quack Fauci associated/close ties with WHO?

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:56 pm

rick1 wrote:

https://www.businessinsider.in/international/news/world-health-network-declares-monkeypox-outbreak-a-pandemic/articleshow/92412273.cms

That's around 42 for each country, wonder if this has anything to do with our November elections???

I was under the impression that the small pox vaccine would cover that problem... I wonder if monkey pox is crossing the border in Texas and coming in that way ??

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:48 pm

They declare it a pandemic if it is "spreading" on more than two continents.
Even if there are only a handful of cases.
Of course, Covid was doing that, a month before they declared...

rick1 wrote:

He is their water boy.

Dave58 wrote:

I was under the impression that the small pox vaccine would cover that problem... I wonder if monkey pox is crossing the border in Texas and coming in that way ??
Small pox vaccine provides some protection. There may be something better, but after the covid fiasco, I don't know if I trust their judgement. Might be clouded by greed.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:28 pm

What is monkey pox, what do you look for, what do you do if you get it, is there a vaccine for monkey pox?

Check out this link:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/monkeypox-symptoms-vaccinations-treatments

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:39 pm

rick1 wrote:What is monkey pox, what do you look for, what do you do if you get it, is there a vaccine for monkey pox?
Check out this link:
That article is a good starting point for understanding it.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:26 pm

rick1 wrote:What is monkey pox, what do you look for, what do you do if you get it, is there a vaccine for monkey pox?

Check out this link:

I was under the impression that if you were vaxed for small pox that you were pretty good to go...

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:46 pm

Dave58 wrote:
Check out this link:
I was under the impression that if you were vaxed for small pox that you were pretty good to go...
Those, like us, who got the SmallPox vaccine up until around 1980 (the rest of the country stopped in the early 70's) will probably have some residual resistance. We are way past due for a booster.

They have some SmallPox vaccine (in spite of the article denying it) for bio warfare stockpile, but not enough for the whole country. In addition, they are working on a newer vaccine. Let us hope they do better with this one, than with Covid.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:53 am

There are now 460 cases of monkey pox in the U.S., Kilifornia and NY have the most cases:

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/response/2022/us-map.html

Seems experts say that crow bait joe is slow walking/behind monkey pox and puts the U.S. at risk of losing control of it:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/monkeypox-biden-vaccines-cdc/2022/07/03/id/1077161/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM350584_07042022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010104kp64rm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:20 pm

rick1 wrote:There are now 460 cases of monkey pox in the U.S., Kilifornia and NY have the most cases:
https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/response/2022/us-map.html
Monkey pox is easily spread through physical contact, exchange of bodily fluids. It can be spread by airborne droplets, but not as easily. The reason it is spreading though gay men is the high level of promiscuity in that community. Bisexual men will give it to their wives, allowing it to spread into the rest of the population. This is how AIDS spread into the American population, in the late 80's and early 90's.

Seems experts say that crow bait joe is slow walking/behind monkey pox and puts the U.S. at risk of losing control of it:
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/monkeypox-biden-vaccines-cdc/2022/07/03/id/1077161/
The video is ridiculous, though mostly true. Waste of time, mostly talking about how stupid the CDC is. (I call this "low hanging fruit" since they are pointing out things that are obvious to most of us.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:31 pm

The number of cases is now entering the "tens of thousands" category. Since there are about 15 million men in the "identified high risk" category, this means about one out of every thousand in that category has the virus.

A couple million of the men in the "identified high risk" category are married, providing a channel into the rest of the population. Assuming somewhat normal distributions of behavior for these populations, the virus will become prominent in the more promiscuous sectors of the general population in a couple months.

The government and its installed leaders are bragging about how they have responded to this, but in reality, they are a couple months behind the curve (and maybe falling further behind). This will insure the Leftist Insurgency has a nice, new crisis to sell to the voting public in November.

(Someone called me cynical. Yep, that is me.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:39 pm

First person to dog infection of monkey pox, next thing ya know, it'll be cats:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dog-infected-monkeypox-after-sharing-bed-licking-owners

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:02 pm

Good lord they are having sex with dogs ?????

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:13 pm

Dave58 wrote:Good lord they are having sex with dogs ?????

Laugh Animated Laugh Animated Laugh Animated Laugh Animated Laugh Animated Laugh Animated Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:05 am

rick1 wrote:First person to dog infection of monkey pox, next thing ya know, it'll be cats:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dog-infected-monkeypox-after-sharing-bed-licking-owners
The virus is actually foreign to humans, and managed to jump to our species after some sort of mutation. Viruses mutate, all the time, so it would be reasonable to expect this one to mutate sufficiently to jump to some other animal. Now, if we (our society) can prevent both of these humans, and their dog, from spreading their particular infection to anyone else, it will be a dead end for that new mutation. At least until that mutation happens again, which could be next month or never.

If one or the other of the couple or their dog manages to infect someone else (which happens 60% of the time), we wind up with a whole new problem: a new strain of the virus, able to infect both humans and dogs.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:18 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:38 pm

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:There are now 460 cases of monkey pox in the U.S., Kilifornia and NY have the most cases:

The video is ridiculous, though mostly true. Waste of time, mostly talking about how stupid the CDC is. (I call this "low hanging fruit" since they are pointing out things that are obvious to most of us.)  
I mentioned in my newsletter a few days ago, that children would be a possible avenue for infection to spread. I expected it to be showing up in Oct, but the CDC is already reporting 17 cases. Because of incubation period, reluctance to report, and asymptomatic cases, I suspect the real number is over 100. This will be sufficient, given our government's lackadaisical response to the virus, to insure it spreads though school after school, giving the gov the excuse to go back to school shut downs, lock downs and possibly masks.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:36 pm

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:First person to dog infection of monkey pox, next thing ya know, it'll be cats:

The virus is actually foreign to humans, and managed to jump to our species after some sort of mutation. Viruses mutate, all the time, so it would be reasonable to expect this one to mutate sufficiently to jump to some other animal. Now, if we (our society) can prevent both of these humans, and their dog, from spreading their particular infection to anyone else, it will be a dead end for that new mutation. At least until that mutation happens again, which could be next month or never.

If one or the other of the couple or their dog manages to infect someone else (which happens 60% of the time), we wind up with a whole new problem: a new strain of the virus, able to infect both humans and dogs.
OK, I have to correct myself on this. Apparently, dogs are within the range of mammals that the virus is expected to infect. Human to dog was expected, and this simply confirms that it is possible. I haven't heard anything of dog to dog transmission, though, so that might not be a factor.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:27 pm

The spread of monkey pox is reported to have slowed, as the CDC announced that more than 500,000 doses of vaccine have been administered.

The number of cases reported has passed 20,000. This means (due to the number of asymptomatic, the number that are reluctant to seek medical, and the number which simply haven't shown symptoms yet), the real number of cases is likely to be over 160,000.

This is true, but the story doesn't end there. The reason for the slowdown is threefold. One, about 20% of the original superspreader community (we know who they are) have been vaccinated. Two, the virus has already spread through another 20% of that same community. Three, about half of that community has changed their sexual habits, to slow the spread. (These numbers are extremely approximate, of course.)

This is just a temporary slowdown, for at least two reasons. The number of vaccines being given, each week, peaked several weeks ago, and is about half of what it was. Typical human behavior, people think the threat has gone away.

The other reason, the pox has found a new avenue to spread through. Several other avenues, actually. Which one gains the most numbers, remains to be seen.

Because of the number of cases, especially asymptomatic cases and cases which have not yet shown symptoms, this virus is long past our ability to stop it, until we vaccinate the entire population against it. (Not going to happen.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:52 am

While monkey pox is no longer in the news, it hasn't gone away. Most people over 60 are vaccinated, and most of the highest risk population is vaccinated, so the spread has been dramatically reduced.

But, most is not all, and it has not gone away. At this point, I don't think it will ever go away.

The virus has four things on its side.
First is that there are a substantial number of asymptomatic cases, and they can spread the virus.
Second is that the virus has a fairly long incubation period, and it can be spread for a couple days before symptoms show up.
Third is that some people will be too embarrassed to seek medical help.
Fourth is that there are a few animals that we come into contact with, that can acquire the virus, and possibly spread it.

Right now, my estimate is that one person out of 10,000 is contagious. These are probably not evenly spread through the population, but I don't have a breakdown of which demographic groups it is currently spreading through. I say currently, because it spreads in any close contact, and there are several groups, including preschools, that can easily spread the virus.

I have not heard any discussion of contact tracing in the US, but the UK has been working that angle. With dozens of cases, contact tracing works, with thousands, it does not. They don't stand a chance of stopping it. But the effort has provided some information about its spread.

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2022/11/bmj-transmission-dynamics-of-monkeypox.html

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:44 pm

It took them months to admit that it is almost entirely spread through sexual contact. This is mostly by men who have sex with men, mostly because most of that group is very promiscuous.

While it does, on rare occasions spread though other contact, it is, by any reasonable standard, and STD (or, as they like to call them "and STI"). Of course, they also changed the name.

It is also become endemic, and just any other STD, like syph and herpes before it. It is only getting attention, at this point, because, so many STD's are increasingly common.

https://apnews.com/article/monkeypox-science-health-covid-epidemics-aaac64591251293f45c225d3fe963d0c
NEW YORK (AP) — Sharply rising cases of some sexually transmitted diseases — including a 26% rise in new syphilis infections reported last year — are prompting U.S. health officials to call for new prevention and treatment efforts.
Infections rates for some STDs, including gonorrhea and syphilis, have been rising for years. Last year the rate of syphilis cases reached its highest since 1991 and the total number of cases hit its highest since 1948. HIV cases are also on the rise, up 16% last year.

And an international outbreak of monkeypox, which is being spread mainly between men who have sex with other men, has further highlighted the nation’s worsening problem with diseases spread mostly through sex.

David Harvey, executive director of the National Coalition of STD Directors, called the situation “out of control.”

Officials are working on new approaches to the problem, such as home-test kits for some STDs that will make it easier for people to learn they are infected and to take steps to prevent spreading it to others, Mena said.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum