Coal Shortages May Lead to Power Blackouts

4 posters

Go down

Coal Shortages May Lead to Power Blackouts  Empty Coal Shortages May Lead to Power Blackouts

Post by TRex2 Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:37 pm

https://www.americanexperiment.org/national-coal-shortages-increase-the-risk-of-blackouts-this-winter/
According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, coal stockpiles at power plants are getting so low that PJM has issued new rules to help prevent coal-fired power plants from running out of fuel in the winter. These rules changed the way PJM’s electricity markets work by allowing coal generators to reduce operations to build their coal supplies back up for when they are needed most.

The rules were prompted by extreme coal shortages at power plants. Some operators have fewer than ten days’ worth of coal on-site. Data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) show October coal stockpiles were only at 86 million tons, which is down 35 percent from last winter. Current coal stocks are 18 percent lower than the previous five-year average.

TRex2

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Coal Shortages May Lead to Power Blackouts  Empty Re: Coal Shortages May Lead to Power Blackouts

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:43 pm

It's a great point.

To consider we are literally forcing green energy (not saying if it's good or bad, just reality) that as we are pumping money into that, the current power generation has been neglected and/prematurely shut down. We are very likely looking at gaps and unreliability.

Here's a quick video giving a perspective on the situation.
https://youtu.be/T9gWBRA8IpM

That's more "human" factor in causing a grid failure but it's becoming more plausible

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Coal Shortages May Lead to Power Blackouts  Empty Re: Coal Shortages May Lead to Power Blackouts

Post by TRex2 Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:23 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:It's a great point.

To consider we are literally forcing green energy (not saying if it's good or bad, just reality) that as we are pumping money into that, the current power generation has been neglected and/prematurely shut down. We are very likely looking at gaps and unreliability.

Here's a quick video giving a perspective on the situation.
https://youtu.be/T9gWBRA8IpM

That's more "human" factor in causing a grid failure but it's becoming more plausible
Well, I will say that forcing more "green energy" is a bad thing. The equivalent would be, if we had removed every draft horse or riding horse from America starting in 1909 and completed in 1918, to slow down manure accumulation, and forced everyone to buy cars. Certainly cars were being built (1909 was the year the Model-T came out) but there were not enough of them, and they were not ready to replace horses (lots of Model-T's got stuck or broke down, and had to be "assisted" by horses).

I didn't watch the whole video, but the beginning was discussing the long game, and the political angles for future elections. But I think now is the time we need to be thinking about how we will get through next winter. That is, Nov 2022 thru March 2023.

No matter how the Nov 2022 election goes, we will need to expect power grid problems that winter, coupled with gas, diesel, propane, and city-gas shortages. In fact, it is likely we will face shortages of almost everything in just a couple of years.

(And don't forget, no matter who wins the election, we will still have the same Deep State to deal with.)

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:57 am

I'm not a very smart person, never was, had a heck of a time in school, but a good football player, if that counts.

You don't need a college degree to see what's going on, BUT if I were a normal person, I would definately take notice of what happened in Texas this past year with their failed green energy when it iced up. AND if you live in an area where it gets cold, I don't mean cool, I mean cold, ya better wake up and prepare, 'cause the days of fossile fuels are about over.

I have offered our 4 kids to pay for a complete solar set up, by a company to fit their homes for a total off grid power system. I'd pay for it, they would not pay on red cent. BUT, my kids are educated, they know more then I do. NONE of them will take me up on the deal, how can a normal person say no to FREE.

And TRex is correct, the blackouts are coming, and sooner then you think.

Here's a list of coal fired power plants that will be closing over the next few decades, I count around 80 of them. Sure don't sound too good.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/road-to-decarbonization-u-s-coal-plant-closures/

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:19 am

I understand having kids that know everything...

I do however have a grand daughter that insist she comes down and helps plant and harvest so she can make sure she eats if things go bad in the world... So there is hope

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 am

Dave58 wrote:I understand having kids that know everything...

I do however have a grand daughter that insist she comes down and helps plant and harvest so she can make sure she eats if things go bad in the world... So there is hope

She must be young Dave, once the boys come around things change pretty quick and the same goes for grandsons too. BUT, when my older grandkids need money for something, they come over to the farm and I work their butts off, but they get paid well for their work. Hopefully they won't forget to plant to eat either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:49 am

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:I understand having kids that know everything...

She must be young Dave, once the boys come around things change pretty quick and the same goes for grandsons too. BUT, when my older grandkids need money for something, they come over to the farm and I work their butts off, but they get paid well for their work. Hopefully they won't forget to plant to eat either.

The grand daughter is 13 ....

Grandson is a different story... He paints his finger nails and wonders why he can't find a job.. I offered to pay him to help me this past summer he didn't think that would suit him so he didn't want to do that... I really worry about him........

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down