Includes:
    Firewood tools    
    Tool storage    
    Shovels, axes    
    Rakes

It also includes these basic categories to consider:

1. Non electric cooking and kitchen equipment;    
    2. Wood cutting and splitting tools for heating and cooking;    
    3. Carpentry tools for repairs, construction, and shelter building.    
    4. Home defense firearms; Knives;    
    5. Medical and nursing supplies, including radiological testing equipment; and    
    6. Preservation oils, lubricants, grinding and sharpening stones, files, etc, for the maintenance of the essential tools.    
    7. Playing with temperatures- make your own tools.

**CROSS POSTED in Getting Started-Prep Lists

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:05 am; edited 3 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Essential Tools-General Lists Empty Re: Essential Tools-General Lists

Post by ReadyMom Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am

33 Must Have Tools For Your Off Grid Homestead
https://offgridworld.com/33-must-have-tools-for-your-off-grid-homestead/

Image Off gridders and homesteaders need tools! Period. Hand tools, power tools, and equipment all make off grid living easier and more productive. Without these tools it’s impossible to build and maintain your homestead. Being off grid means being prepared and being 100% self sufficient. Without the right tools for the right job your life off grid will be much rougher than it needs to be. Be prepared and be ready. This is a list of the top 10 must have tools in your off grid living arsenal.

You will need these tool, just to start.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm

I like this topic, especially the one on saws and mauls for cutting and splitting firewood. I do use a chainsaw for my firewood, but do have various old style saws, one man and two man saws, 3 foot to 7 foot in length.

I split all my firewood by hand, no wood splitter. I have various mauls by handle length and weight and I have various wedges by weight, length and width. I just love splitting firewood by hand, although it takes me longer with age.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 am

Essential Tools for Home Survival
https://www.survivopedia.com/tools-for-home-survival/

Essential Tools-General Lists Dreamstime_s_33516822-752x440   (SNIP) ... we’ll introduce you to some essential tools to keep in your home to give you a much better chance at surviving a disaster.

Since we’re assuming you’ll be using your home as a shelter, we won’t discuss tools associated with shelter building.  We will focus on the other crucial components for survival including:   ---CONTINUED---

** CROSS POSTED in Getting Started forum-Prep Lists

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:28 am

Power Tools for Preppers
https://www.theprepperjournal.com/2020/04/27/power-tools-for-preppers/

Essential Tools-General Lists Action-artisan-burnt-construction-1145434 Prepping can involve building things useful for survival or comfort during lean times. Here are the tools preppers should consider having to make the job easier. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:08 am

10 Tools Every Prepper Should Have
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/tools-every-prepper-should-have/

Essential Tools-General Lists Ngcb11 What kind of items do you stock up on as a prepper? Food? Water? Medicine? Ammunition? Fire starting materials? Personal hygiene items?

That’s all good, but one category that is too often overlooked but can make all the difference in regard to your survival efforts are simple tools. As this video by The Modern Survivalist discusses, there are ten tools that every prepper should have: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:12 am

9 Urban Survival Tools To Get Before The SHTF
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/urban-survival-tools/

Essential Tools-General Lists Ngcb11   When a disaster strikes an urban area, there are all sorts of unexpected problems that require specific tools. For example, what if a gas line breaks and your home starts filling up with dangerous, flammable gases? You’ll need a gas shutoff tool in order to turn the gas valve.

Or what if someone is trapped under debris in a locked room? You’ll need a prybar or a sledgehammer to get through the door and reach them. Or what if you need lifesaving medicine that is behind lock and key in an abandoned pharmacy? You’ll need a lockpick to get inside.

Here are nine urban survival tools to get before it’s too late. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:14 am

50 Homestead Tools for Off Grid Living
https://homesteadsurvivalsite.com/homestead-tools-off-grid-living/

Essential Tools-General Lists 50-homestead-tools-for-off-grid-living-pin-1   Laura Ingalls didn’t have a power drill, but I bet you her life would have been a lot easier if she did. Listen, your homestead isn’t going to collapse and crumble without having every single one of the tools on the list—at least not right away.  ---CONTINUED---

Includes:
Everyday Tools
Emergency Tools
Agriculture Tools
Luxury Tools

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:26 pm

Got all of them except #30 (nail gun), I'll use a hammer.

I'm surprised a dolly wasn't on their list.

ReadyMom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:45 pm

We have everything except #46,#47,#48,#49, But we don't have enough land to justify buying them..

We used to go to auctions pre-covid I think you should have a hand tool for every electric tool.. Never can tell when you will need something hand operated air cooled.....

One thing not on the list is a P-38 Hand operated air cooled can opener

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Dave58 wrote:We have everything except #46,#47,#48,#49,  But we don't have enough land to justify buying them..

We used to go to auctions pre-covid I think you should have a hand tool for every electric tool.. Never can tell when you will need something hand operated air cooled.....

One thing not on the list is a P-38 Hand operated air cooled can opener

Agree on the P-38, except in the Corps, we called them John Wayne's. I got dozens of them there John Wayne's, even in my get home bags and 1 in the glove box of each vehicle.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:04 am

Top 100 Hardware Store Preps to Buy
https://rethinksurvival.com/top-100-hardware-store-preps-to-buy/

Essential Tools-General Lists Hardware-store-preps I’m sure you’ve seen lists of the top 100 survival items to stock up on before disaster strikes, but have you ever seen one specifically about hardware store preps? I haven’t, which is why this video intrigued me. And, to be honest, I’m surprised at all that’s been included. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:19 pm

Hand-Powered Tools You Need To Live Off Grid
https://www.askaprepper.com/hand-powered-tools-you-need-to-live-off-grid/

Essential Tools-General Lists Hand-Powered-Tools-You-Need-To-Live-Off-Grid-7 Living off-grid implies a certain lifestyle, often without using valuable electricity. Handheld tools only use your energy so do not cost you anything except the upfront payment.

(SNIP) ... See my list of indoor, outdoor, and general maintenance handheld tools that can help you to live better on your homestead. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down