EMP: Not if, but when

5 posters

Go down

EMP: Not if, but when Empty EMP: Not if, but when

Post by ReadyMom Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:18 pm

Dr. Peter Pry ... someone I trust completely regarding EMPs! I've personally met him and he spoke at a community prep event that I held a few years back.

EMP: Not if, but when
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/emp_not_if_but_when__comments.html

December 27, 2018

The probability of an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) in our lifetime is much higher than most Americans would assume, according to Dr. Peter Pry, the Executive Director of the EMP Task Force.

Pry explains there are three sources of EMP: the sun, nuclear weapons, and non-nuclear weapons.

The natural concern, he says, is “the once-in-a-hundred-year geomagnetic superstorm like the Carrington event in 1859.” A superstorm of this magnitude “would be extremely powerful -- many times more powerful than the 1989 Hydro-Québec storm.”

The entire world would be affected, putting “electric grids and critical infrastructures” as well as “billions of lives” at risk. Pry believes it is “inevitable” that we will be struck by ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

EMP: Not if, but when Empty Re: EMP: Not if, but when

Post by rick1 Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:30 pm

The risk is 12% per decade, odds are if you are young, say 30 and you live to be 80, that's a 60% chance of seeing it. Just don't sound too good for the future generation(s).

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:35 pm

rick1 wrote:The risk is 12% per decade, odds are if you are young, say 30 and you live to be 80, that's a 60% chance of seeing it. Just don't sound too good for the future generation(s).

12% for a Carrington-type event. Not for terror event.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:04 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote:The risk is 12% per decade, odds are if you are young, say 30 and you live to be 80, that's a 60% chance of seeing it. Just don't sound too good for the future generation(s).

12% for a Carrington-type event. Not for terror event.

I like the odds for a carrington-type event instead of the terror attack, as that could happen right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:34 am

I like the odds for a carrington-type event instead of the terror attack, as that could happen right now.
Listing the odds on a Carrington event, as you did, makes sense, because there is enough data to predict them.

There is really no scientific way to set the odds on a nuclear terror event, since there isn't sufficient data to go on. The likelihood of a terror event rises and falls with the madness of unstable people in powerful positions, mostly in far away countries.

Tomorrow one of them might smoke the wrong wacky tobaccy and the result would be world changing.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:14 pm

Will you survive the coming blackout?
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/doug-mackinnon-survive-coming-blackout

The national power grid of the United States is truly a mess held together with, as the joke goes, by not much more than "baling wire and chewing gum." wrote:

In the blink of an eye, you will lose access to money, food, gasoline, communication, medicine, medical attention, heat, air conditioning, and security. wrote:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:29 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Will you survive the coming blackout?

This is one of the main things that would keep me up at night.

Terrorists and other nation states all realize this. They have publicly stated such. Yet, we as a country are widely ignorant and oblivious at our peril.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:49 am

ReadyMom wrote:Will you survive the coming blackout?
Most of what Mackinnon wrote is recycled information from other papers, but two things stuck out:
... legalizing marijuana vs. not; self-driving cars vs. human drivers; Red Sox vs. Yankees; takeout vs. home-cooked; or “Gone With the Wind” vs. any other movie.

All of these issues are stunningly important, right up to the second where cataclysm falls and creates a nightmare scenario that so many fear.

That cataclysm is a complete loss of electricity and every mode of convenience and survival we take for granted.

AND
Even though most don’t do it, residents of California and Florida are reminded every year to assemble their "two-week" survival kit. In California, it's because of earthquakes. In Florida, it's because of hurricanes.

Both cannot be true.  The one that is not is: "a nightmare scenario that so many fear."

They don't fear it. Most (about 90%)never give it a second thought.
Else they would prepare. And they would write their congresscritter about it.

But they are totally oblivious, and want to remain that way.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:59 pm

NOTE: I posted this before I saw the other thread:
https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com/t959-emps-national-updates-orders-announcements-etc

Apparently, Trump is not oblivious.

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2019/08/08/supporting-the-white-house-with-tough-love-for-the-electric-power-industry/
The Center for Security Policy, through its sponsorship of the Secure the Grid Coalition, continues to shape federal, state and local level initiatives to protect critical electric grid infrastructure.   These efforts received a major boost in March when President Trump signed what is perhaps one of the most important orders of his administration – Executive Order 13865 on Coordinating National Resilience to Electromagnetic Pulses.
The Deep State, and the Electric Utilities lobbies are dragging their feet and stonewalling.

TRex2

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:02 am

Why Now More Than Ever You Should Prepare For the Upcoming EMP
https://www.askaprepper.com/why-now-more-than-ever-you-should-prepare-for-the-upcoming-emp/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=AAP

EMP: Not if, but when Why-Now-More-Than-Ever-You-Should-Prepare-For-the-Upcoming-EMP-cover-890x395_c (SNIP) ... The threat of an EMP hasn’t gone away. In fact, I’d say it’s higher than ever. As our enemies around the world look at the growing interest in EMP preparedness that has risen over recent years (before the pandemic), it seems to me that they would have to see that their time is running short. If they ever intend to use an EMP against us, it will have to be soon, before we’re ready for it. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:47 pm

TRex2 wrote:NOTE: I posted this before I saw the other thread:
https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com/t959-emps-national-updates-orders-announcements-etc

Apparently, Trump is not oblivious.

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2019/08/08/supporting-the-white-house-with-tough-love-for-the-electric-power-industry/
The Center for Security Policy, through its sponsorship of the Secure the Grid Coalition, continues to shape federal, state and local level initiatives to protect critical electric grid infrastructure.   These efforts received a major boost in March when President Trump signed what is perhaps one of the most important orders of his administration – Executive Order 13865 on Coordinating National Resilience to Electromagnetic Pulses.

The Deep State, and the Electric Utilities lobbies are dragging their feet and stonewalling.
This past 18 months has been enlightening. I held some conversations with some supposed "engineering techs" from the Utilities, who assured me that the vulnerabilities in the Power Grid were, mostly, fixed, and there was nothing to worry about.

Well, based on what I have learned since the storm in Texas, is that the Deep State and Electric Utilities were doing more than dragging their feet. They were actively undermining efforts to strengthen the grid against attacks, and pushing disinformation about how robust the system is.

In a way, this solves a mystery I have wondered about for years: why has it been so hard to secure the grid against cyber attacks. (I wondered, because: it isn't.)

The answer to both questions is the same.
And uncovers an extreme evil in our governing bodies.

At the middle-upper management level, they are so bent on the Green New Deal, that they will lie about anything and everything to allow them to ignore all distractions from implementing the Green New Deal. At the Globalist-Upper management, they actually want the system to be vulnerable, and to fail. They are hoping to profit (both in money, and power) from the disaster that follows.

TRex2

rick1, Cinnamon and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:19 pm

Husband has been talking about this for years. It was part of his graduate thesis back in the stone age. Most people have no idea how vulnerable the power and communications grids are.

Slaves. TPTB want slaves.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum