ReadyMom
7 posters

Go down

Surviving in the City Empty Surviving in the City

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Surviving in the City
http://www.endtimesreport.com/Surviving_in_the_City.html

Introduction
While we all want to do our best to prepare for a coming crisis, and many of us realize the city is perhaps the worst place to live, very few people are really prepared to pack up the old Winnebago and head for the hills. Most Americans, whether they're aware or not, are going to stay in the cities.

This is not a hasty decision for most people. Most of us depend on the city for our livelihood, and we can be better prepared by continuing to live in the city, earn a good income, and make preparations for exiting the city at the appropriate time or by staying in the city and living off existing supplies.

This special report explains some of the most critical dangers of living in a city and presents some solutions to surviving them. If you are one of the people who has decided to stay in the city, you'll benefit greatly from this information. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Surviving in the City Empty Re: Surviving in the City

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:20 pm

Here's a good article about urban survival from the prepper journal:

http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2013/10/21/urban-survival-surviving-in-the-city/

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by keebler Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:27 am

I had to move to the City 2 years ago due to medical reasons to be closer to a Hospital, Lived at My very rural 24 acres B.O location 33 years it's been hard to be here,but I'm alive & getting great care, just not used to this life style,all my neighbors work ,so not really met any of them, they are not really friendly either, no one else does a garden, definitely NO preppers around,1 asked me "why i did that?" stores are close & food plentiful there.my .7 acre is (AG) all around me is residential. I bought a 10' X 12' green house kit ,hopefully i'll get it together in March or April. just trying to survive the way i'm used to.sure do miss my old life style.
keebler.

keebler

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldasrocks Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:44 pm

Just tell them your doctor ordered you to garden for your health and stress relief
oldasrocks
oldasrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by keebler Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:14 am

Great answer---thanks.have a great Day & Weekend.
keebler.

keebler

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:42 am

I understand some people have to live in the city for one reason or another. Not everyone is able to leave.

IMO if you must live in the city be very careful about letting others know you are into prepping. Keep a very low profile. Be the gray man.

In a major SHTF your best bet is to look and appeae like you are suffering and starving just the same as everyone else is.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by keebler Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:28 am

Thanks;I haven't mentioned "prepping" i can tell from the 2 neighbors i have met. they have food delivered nightly or go out to eat, they both mentioned great places to go. I took the info in. just to be nice. keeb.
have a great day.

keebler

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:08 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:  

In a major SHTF your best bet is to look and appeaer like you are suffering and starving just the same as everyone else is.
That's going to be harder, when they have no food and loosing weight and you can eat ... even a little bit ... and not getting as thin.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:40 am

ReadyMom wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:  

In a major SHTF your best bet is to look and appeaer like you are suffering and starving just the same as everyone else is.
That's going to be harder, when they have no food and loosing weight and you can eat ... even a little bit ... and not getting as thin.  

Now ReadyMom, I'm being dead serious here when I say this.

If you're asked just why you aren't loosing a lot weight like everybody else, you tell them you're eating mice, rats, birds, and anything else you can catch.

And when they ask you, just how are you catching these critters, you tell them glue traps. Just make sure you have a lot of glue traps on hand, I do.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:26 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:  

I have old jeans and shirts that are oversized so I can look like I'm losing weight to anybody who doesn't know me...probably should get a cheap belt that I can notch a new hole in, but I was planning on rope or something similar but cheap looking.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:09 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:  

I have old jeans and shirts that are oversized so I can look like I'm losing weight to anybody who doesn't know me...probably should get a cheap belt that I can notch a new hole in, but I was planning on rope or something similar but cheap looking.

This is a simple And brilliant idea to build your disguise/cover that you are starving and losing weight Ike everyone else.

Anything you can do to appear to blend in with everyone else and not stand out the better.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:00 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:  

This is a simple And brilliant idea to build your disguise/cover that you are starving and losing weight Ike everyone else.

Anything you can do to appear to blend in with everyone else and not stand out the better.  
Could include something to create dark circles under your eyes, too. Look tired & worn from stress, if you are doing any interacting.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by keebler Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:06 pm

allrelady looking like starving 100 lbs soaking wet. old guy too.
i wear raggidy clothes outside- not out to impress any one.
lived in the boonies way to long before moving here.

keebler

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:13 am

7 Ways City Prepping Is Different Than Country Prepping
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/city-prepping-different-country/

Surviving in the City City-country-prepping   (SNIP) ... no matter where you live, you can be prepared. You may not be able to have a whole farm but you can still be self-reliant and prepped.

However, city prepping and country prepping are two different animals. Here are some of the ways that it’s different.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri May 29, 2020 9:58 am

Urban Escape and Evasion Techniques After The Collapse
https://www.skilledsurvival.com/urban-escape-and-evasion/

Surviving in the City Urban-Escape-and-Evasion-Techniques-c At first, there were riots.

Now the city’s been dark for months.

There’s no indication things are going to improve anytime soon.

Roaming street gangs have formed and stealing everything of practical value in this harsh new world.

Roadblocks are everywhere. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by keebler Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 am

so sad to turn on TV, businesses that have nothing what so ever with the situation,, looting & burning city's down.. that's their way of life-. this morning ABC reported over 170 businesses burned, or destroyed, i feel sorry for businesses & building owners,
keeb.

keebler

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Fri May 29, 2020 4:18 pm

keebler wrote:so sad to turn on TV, businesses that have nothing what so ever with the situation,, looting & burning city's down.. that's their way of life-. this morning ABC reported over 170 businesses burned, or destroyed, i feel sorry for businesses &  building owners,
keeb.

It'll be over Monday.

People get they check and some foo stamps. The end of the month, they got nothing else to do.

I grew up in the city.

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:13 am

This is a 2-part series:

11 Urban Survival Skills That Could Save Your Life
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/urban-survival-skills/

Surviving in the City Ngcb1   On this site, we have a lot of articles about skills. Basic skills, rare skills, survival skills, bushcraft skills, first aid skills, street fighting skills…you get the idea. But since most of you live in cities and will probably be in one during the next major disaster, the type of skills you’ll want to focus on first is urban survival skills. ---CONTINUED---

9 Urban Survival Mistakes That Could Get You Killed
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/urban-survival-mistakes/

Surviving in the City Ngcb1   In this article, I want to switch gears and talk about urban survival mistakes that could get you killed. And again, I’m not exaggerating. If you make any of these mistakes, it could cost you your life. So now that you understand how serious this, let’s move on to the list. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:24 am

How Does an Emergency Crisis Affect a City
https://alphasurvivalist.net/how-does-an-emergency-crisis-affect-a-city/

It is comforting to believe we would be safe if a city-wide crisis ever occurred. However, most of us are not prepared for living in a city without power and with low supplies if any of food and water.

If such an event happened, most people wouldn’t remain in the city they reside in for very long. Those of us who live in metropolitan areas are dependent on the things that come with it. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:38 pm

How to Survive in an Urban Environment When the SHTF!
https://alphasurvivalist.net/how-to-survive-in-an-urban-environment-when-the-shtf/

Surviving in the City How-to-survive-in-an-urban-enviroment-when-the-shtf-001-200x300 (BIG SNIP) ... if you have decided to stay put you will obviously want to give yourself the best chance of coming through, what could be, a very bad situation as unscathed as possible.

Preparation will be the key, as always. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down