Examples from Other Countries & Events

3 posters

Go down

Examples from Other Countries & Events Empty Examples from Other Countries & Events

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Nine meals from anarchy, Part 2: Don't worry, the government can help!
http://survivalprepdotnet.blogspot.com/2010/03/nine-meals-from-anarchy-part-2-dont.html

Maybe you saw this story on Sunday about the rescue and relief efforts in Chile following Saturday's magnitude-8.8 earthquake. At first glance, it's just your average recap of a major disaster: what happened, how many are dead, how bad the damage is and various accounts of those who made it and those who didn't. But as I read the article further, several passages jumped out at me:

Paragraph 7:"Virtually every market and supermarket had been looted and no food or drinking water could be found. Many people in Concepcion expressed anger at the authorities for not stopping the looting or bringing in supplies. Electricity and water services were out of service"

Paragraph 13: "To strip away any need for looting, [President] Bachelet announced that essentials on the shelves of major supermarkets would be given away for free, under the supervision of authorities. Soldiers and police will also distribute food and water, she said"

And beginning with paragraph 25: "One woman ran off with a shopping cart piled high with slabs of unwrapped meat and cheese. A shirtless man carried a mattress on his head. Some of the looters pitched rocks at police armored vehicles outside the Lider market, which is majority-owned by Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

"Across the Bio Bio River in the city of San Pedro, looters cleared out a shopping mall. A video store was set ablaze, two automatic teller machines were broken open, a bank was robbed and a supermarket emptied, its floor littered with mashed plums, scattered dog food and smashed liquor bottles.

"It was a mob. They looted everything," said police Sgt. Rene Gutierrez, 46, who had his men guarding the now-empty mall."Now we're only here to protect the building -what's left of the building."

"He said police had been slow to reach the looted mall because one bridge over the river was collapsed and the other so damaged they had to move cautiously.

"Ingenious looters even used long tubes of bamboo and plastic to siphon gasoline from underground tanks at a closed gasoline station. Others rummaged through the station's restaurant.

"Thieves attacked a flour mill in Concepcion.” some toting away bags on their shoulders, others using bicycles or cars. One man packed a school bus with sacks of flour.

"Many defended the scavenging - of food if not television sets" as a necessity because officials had not brought food or water. Even Concepcion's mayor, Jacqueline van Rysselberghe, complained that no food aid was reaching the city. She said the federal government should send troops to help halt the looting"

Now let's break this down: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Examples from Other Countries & Events Empty Re: Examples from Other Countries & Events

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:24 pm

Latavia:

Stockpile Food to Prepare Against Dickensian Scenes of Destitution
https://personalliberty.com/stockpile-food-to-prepare-against-dickensian-scenes-of-destitution/

June 12, 2009 by Bob Livingston
Stroll down any aisle at the grocery store on an average day and you'll probably see thousands of items of all kinds made by any number of producers. Many times there are six or eight brands of the same item. And they come in all sizes.

Although store shelves are currently full, there may soon come a time when that is not the case. As the U.S. Federal deficit grows beyond the current historic levels there will come a time when a correction comes. A devaluing of the dollar has already begun. It will be followed by inflation that could become so severe that food and other necessities become unaffordable or unattainable.

(snip)

... if you want to prepare yourself for Latvian-type circumstances and ensure that your family has food to weather such a storm, you need to begin stockpiling food and water now. And even if you don't believe things in the U.S. can get that bad, it's a good idea to have some food and water stored in the event of a natural disaster that affects the food and water supply for a short time.

You should always keep on hand at least a three-day supply of food. It's easy to stockpile a few cans of meats, soups and vegetables, as well some rice and grains, to get you through a short-term emergency. You can do this by buying a few extra things each time you go to the grocery store. Remember, canned foods have a shelf-life of about two years, so rotate your foods.

For longer-term situations, some planning in advance can save you from tremendous hardship when the catastrophe strikes. To prepare, you should have a good stockpile of both canned and freeze-dried foods. All canned soups, fruits, vegetables and meats should be kept in a dry, cool space. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Examples from Other Countries & Events Empty Re: Examples from Other Countries & Events

Post by Cinnamon Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:15 am

Glad I'm a prepper. These kinds of scenarios are scary!
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Even if you have a 120 day supply or maybe none at all and you live in the city, can you just think of what's going to happen in areas like, NYC, Philly, Chicago, LA, Dallas, Richmond, etc..

I hope there is some type of backup electricity for the TV stations in the cities to carry it live, 'cause I'm going to enjoy watching it from my prepper home. PopCorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:45 am

Just look what is going on in Venezuela, riots, hunger, killings, etc.. See attached for how the hospitals are making out, not good at all:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/venezuela/article226072980.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Earthquake and mudslides back in the 70's in California is what made us preppers. Food was so expensive after earthquakes and mudslides took out the 2 main freeways to where we lived, I got a night job so we could afford to eat beans. After that, Husband and I built up to about 3 months of food, and over the years, extended it to even more. Living out in the woods 35 miles from the nearest town has made us more self-sufficient.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down