+2
ReadyMom
rick1
6 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Iranian developments Empty Iranian developments

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon May 06, 2019 8:18 am

A few interesting things have happened recently.

In no particular order

- Israel has been bombarded with hundreds of missiles and rockets (most likely Iran is involved)

- there are unconfirmed reports that in Iraq near kirkuk US and Iraqi forces got into a clash and Iraqis got the worst of it (if it's accurate then most likely they were directed by Iranians)

-the US just publicly announced they are deploying a carrier group and bombers to CENTCOM specifically due to intelligence that Iran is making preparations on attacks or provocations against US forces.

-Irans economy is in the crapper due to the economic sanctions that president Trump re-imposed. Their government is facing significant internal pressure. They may he unpredictable.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Iranian developments Empty Re: Iranian developments

Post by rick1 Tue May 07, 2019 8:22 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:A few interesting things have happened recently.

In no particular order

- Israel has been bombarded with hundreds of missiles and rockets (most likely Iran is involved)

- there are unconfirmed reports that in Iraq near kirkuk US and Iraqi forces got into a clash and Iraqis got the worst of it (if it's accurate then most likely they were directed by Iranians)

-the US just publicly announced they are deploying a carrier group and bombers to CENTCOM specifically due to intelligence that Iran is making preparations on attacks or provocations against US forces.

-Irans economy is in the crapper due to the economic sanctions that president Trump re-imposed. Their government is facing significant internal pressure. They may he unpredictable.

This, in my own opinion, is just the beginning of another shooting conflict the U.S. is getting into.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 07, 2019 9:34 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 07, 2019 6:55 pm

If this is accurate it's very ominous and concerning...yikes

If you were thinking about any last second preps it might not be a bad idea to have a plan.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/emergency-action-messages-being-transmitted-to-us-military-after-iran-fails-to-stand-down-ballistic-missiles

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue May 07, 2019 8:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 07, 2019 8:16 pm

Pompeos "emergency" travel change to leave the meeting with Angela Merkel on no notice, get traveled to Iraq to meet us forces there as a result of Iran situation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/pompeo-cancels-trip-germany-minute-citing-pressing-issues/story%3fid=62875573

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed May 08, 2019 5:58 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed May 08, 2019 9:12 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 08, 2019 10:06 am

(DTKA), short for Drinkthekoolaid. Most americans either have their heads in the sand or are snowflakes, these are the same people that will have their hands out for the freebees, if/when the SHTF.

It's a shame, but many of are political figures are in this same category.

DTKA, keep us informed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed May 08, 2019 10:32 am

Our daughter is leaving for a VERY far-away trip, soon ... Granada. How worried do I need to be about this trip??

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 08, 2019 11:15 am

ReadyMom wrote:Our daughter is leaving for a VERY far-away trip, soon ... Granada. How worried do I need to be about this trip??

I think it's safe enough (now), about 10 years ago not so much. Marines had to land and go in to save Americans. I know you remember that.

My granddaughter (15 YO) went on a school trip last saturday to NYC, I told her to be careful and keep her eyes open, she told me I worry too much.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/united-states-invades-grenada

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed May 08, 2019 11:23 am

No problem I will keep updated coming as I find them.

I'm really surprised this is barely being talked about in the media.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed May 08, 2019 2:18 pm

rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:Our daughter is leaving for a VERY far-away trip, soon ... Granada. How worried do I need to be about this trip??

I think it's safe enough (now), about 10 years ago not so much. Marines had to land and go in to save Americans. I know you remember that.

My granddaughter (15 YO) went on a school trip last saturday to NYC, I told her to be careful and keep her eyes open, she told me I worry too much.

Yes, I remember the Grenada event! I was actually questioning if the Iran/US military deployment situation should be a concerning enough to worry about her being so far away, overseas in the near-future. (Sorry I wasn't more clear)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed May 08, 2019 3:14 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote:

Yes, I remember the Grenada event! I was actually questioning if the Iran/US military deployment situation should be a concerning enough to worry about her being so far away, overseas in the near-future. (Sorry I wasn't more clear)

IMO you have to live your life you cant hide in fear over what ifs, maybes, etc...

Who knows...maybe where she goes will ultimately be safer than here. You just don't know.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 08, 2019 6:29 pm

ReadyMom, I wouldn't worry too much. If your daughter keeps her wits about her, some street smarts, etc., she'll be OK. That's the good part, now for the bad part. Anything can happen to anybody, at any time, in any place, it is a dangerous world out there.

With your prepping background, I'm sure you're aware of the dangers and you've already prepped your daughter about them.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu May 09, 2019 9:34 am

Shocked  Shocked  North Korea fires 2 short-range missiles, 5 days after previous launch; US tests long-range missile within 10 minutes
https://www.foxnews.com/world/north-korea-launches-unidentified-projectile-in-second-firing-in-less-than-a-week

North Korea fired two short-range missiles on Thursday, according to South Korean military, as the U.S. responded with an intercontinental ballistic missile test of their own just 10 minutes later. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu May 09, 2019 11:33 am

ReadyMom wrote:Shocked  Shocked  North Korea fires 2 short-range missiles, 5 days after previous launch; US tests long-range missile within 10 minutes
https://www.foxnews.com/world/north-korea-launches-unidentified-projectile-in-second-firing-in-less-than-a-week

North Korea fired two short-range missiles on Thursday, according to South Korean military, as the U.S. responded with an intercontinental ballistic missile test of their own just 10 minutes later. ---CONTINUED---

This analysis makes a lot of sense to me. These events may be connected.  Tie it in with the current china trade war. Always remember that NK is China's puppet.

If we blockade irans oil shipment it would have an enormous effect on china.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu May 09, 2019 6:32 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/u-s-seeks-seize-north-korean-ship-suspected-violating-u-n1003811

I found this on the Drudge Report today it doesn't really make any sense to put it on the news now.. Maybe just trying to stir people up a bit...

As far as the missile test by NK and then the follow up missile test by the USA I think it is the same thing as when I was a kid on the play ground right before a fight there was a lot of pushing and shoving before actual blows.

I use to be in the military and was always told that if our government started pulling troops home that it was getting ready to hit the fan here.. Just something to watch for in the future..

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu May 09, 2019 6:42 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Shocked  Shocked  North Korea fires 2 short-range missiles, 5 days after previous launch; US tests long-range missile within 10 minutes

Saber Rattling. I usually joke that he isn't really rattling his saber,
just that his legs are trembling in fear.

Things are pretty quiet behind the scenes, I don't think any of them
have what they want in their hand to hit us with, and don't think they
can get there in less than six months (probably more than a year).

I suspect the saber rattling has more to do with appearances inside
Korea and Iran than outside, and that they will choose to wait until
after the 2020 elections, hoping the Trump will be out of the way.
(I think he scares them.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 pm

snip:

Saber Rattling. I usually joke that he isn't really rattling his saber,
just that his legs are trembling in fear.

Now that's funny TRex. Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri May 10, 2019 10:38 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-iran-commander-no-talks-us-100851809.html

Well that isn't encouraging....

Sounds like the revolutionary guards are consolidating power and are going to take a hard line against the US.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri May 10, 2019 12:48 pm

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri May 10, 2019 1:08 pm

I guess this can go in either the Venezuelan or Iran thread..

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/nicolas-maduro-providing-a-safe-haven-for-iranian-terrorists-in-the-west-mike-pence-says

I can't help but think we are getting many events in different parts of the world that may be interconnected.

I am getting an increasingly ominous feeling that something is going to happen.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 pm

When they start calling our troops home the s#*# has or is about to hit the fan...

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat May 11, 2019 10:57 am

We just sent a Patriot Missile Battery to the middle east, the tides are rising but do we have enough life preservers, here's a good article on it:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-sending-patriot-missile-system-another-warship-middle-east-n1004616

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sat May 11, 2019 3:34 pm

rick1 wrote:We just sent a Patriot Missile Battery to the middle east, the tides are rising but do we have enough life preservers, here's a good article on it:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-sending-patriot-missile-system-another-warship-middle-east-n1004616

Well that's interesting....

Another Patriot battery and a marine expeditionary unit...

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun May 12, 2019 9:06 am

Iranian cleric threatens U.S. Navy with missile attack and Iran won't sit down to talks with the U.S.:

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-Guards-reject-US-talks-cleric-threatens-carrier-589360

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon May 13, 2019 5:35 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon May 13, 2019 8:33 am

I couldn't find anything on the net about this, but FOX news just reported that B-52 takes flight over Iran.

With this report and the sabotage of the oil tankers, things are getting very tense, too tense for me. Just a matter of time before the U.S. starts making glass parking lots.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon May 13, 2019 9:26 am

rick1 wrote:I couldn't find anything on the net about this, but FOX news just reported that B-52 takes flight over Iran.

With this report and the sabotage of the oil tankers, things are getting very tense, too tense for me. Just a matter of time before the U.S. starts making glass parking lots.

All I can find online (even Foxnews.com) is talking about the B-52s being deployed to the Middle East 3 days ago. Strange that there are no breaking news articles yet.

Plenty of chance or accidental escalation with so much firepower in the region...

At least I'm pretty well buttoned up for preps, just wish this wasn't happening when my nephew was graduating this weekend as I'll be a few hundred miles west of home for a few days. Will make sure my gas tank is topped off as soon as I get out there, and will pack my good hiking shoes just in case....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 13, 2019 9:37 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:  
At least I'm pretty well buttoned up for preps, just wish this wasn't happening when my nephew was graduating this weekend as I'll be a few hundred miles west of home for a few days.

I hear ya! Our daughter was married, this weekend and is leaving for her honeymoon ... to Granada! I'm a little unsettled about this, now. Neutral

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon May 13, 2019 9:50 am

I'm starting to get the sense that this gradually escalating crisis is playing out similar to operation Iraqi freedom.

I'm still hopeful that it ends up more like the NK crisis of last year and cooler heads and dialogue prevail. But, I think that NK taught the US that they can't let Iran go nuclear.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon May 13, 2019 10:02 am

This is the only article I found from FOX news, from about 30 minutes ago, doesn't say anything about the B-52 flying over Iran:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-air-force-sends-message-to-iran

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon May 13, 2019 10:16 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:I'm starting to get the sense that this gradually escalating crisis is playing out similar to operation Iraqi freedom.

I'm still hopeful that it ends up more like the NK crisis of last year and cooler heads and dialogue prevail. But, I think that NK taught the US that they can't let Iran go nuclear.

If cooler heads were prevailing then we wouldn't have unilaterally pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal. We could have worked to renegotiate the deal rather than scuttling it.

I think it's obvious that someone in the White House is itching to use force and is trying to goad Iran into doing something stupid. The bad thing is that Iran has plenty of folks who want to do stupid things, so I'm afraid it's going to get ugly.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon May 13, 2019 10:30 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:I'm starting to get the sense that this gradually escalating crisis is playing out similar to operation Iraqi freedom.

If cooler heads were prevailing then we wouldn't have unilaterally pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal. We could have worked to renegotiate the deal rather than scuttling it.

I think it's obvious that someone in the White House is itching to use force and is trying to goad Iran into doing something stupid. The bad thing is that Iran has plenty of folks who want to do stupid things, so I'm afraid it's going to get ugly.

Without trying to make this into politics I'll just simply say I disagree. I think that deal was bad from the beginning and the outcome would have been the same.

Either way it's water under the bridge now so it's irrelevant.

We just need to focus on the now and future to figure out what is in our best interest.

I do agree with you though that it looks like it's going to get ugly. Ever since the oil tankers were just sabotaged if I was a Vegas betting odds maker I would put the possibility of conflict at over 50% now.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon May 13, 2019 3:11 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote: If cooler heads were prevailing then we wouldn't have unilaterally pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal. We could have worked to renegotiate the deal rather than scuttling it.
No way. Iran was not willing to renegotiate, especially since Kerry told Iran to just wait it out. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-pompeo/pompeo-slams-kerry-for-inappropriate-meetings-with-iran-officials-idUSKCN1LU2NY

What is obvious is that Trump wants Iran (and others) to think he is just itching to start something.  

It is a fact of negotiating with bad actors, that if you advertise that you have a limit to what you willing to do, they will simply up the ante until you fold. Tell them you are willing, or even eager,  to end the world (or at least end their world), and they get a bit nervous. And willing to negotiate.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm

TRex2 wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote: If cooler heads were prevailing then we wouldn't have unilaterally pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal. We could have worked to renegotiate the deal rather than scuttling it.
No way. Iran was not willing to renegotiate, especially since Kerry told Iran to just wait it out. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-pompeo/pompeo-slams-kerry-for-inappropriate-meetings-with-iran-officials-idUSKCN1LU2NY

What is obvious is that Trump wants Iran (and others) to think he is just itching to start something.  

It is a fact of negotiating with bad actors, that if you advertise that you have a limit to what you willing to do, they will simply up the ante until you fold. Tell them you are willing, or even eager,  to end the world (or at least end their world), and they get a bit nervous. And willing to negotiate.

What do you think about this situation??

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon May 13, 2019 4:07 pm

The situation makes me nervous. I have the vehicles full of gas and my gas cans , but I mean really what else can a person do ??

My wife asked if I thought it would go nuclear and I told her I didn't think so because at the end of the day that is really the last option that you would want to use because it will all end in tears no matter what side your on..

Not trying to be political because everybody has a right to vote for who they want , but I am glad that we have a President that has some backbone to him and has a " I will take zero shit attitude "
I hope and pray that it doesn't come to blows , but if it does I hope the USA makes such a violent statement of Iran that nobody will think about pushing this far again...

Remember my fellow Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts Always Be Prepared

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon May 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Dave58 wrote:The situation makes me nervous. I have the vehicles full of gas and my gas cans , but I mean really what else can a person do ??  

My wife asked if I thought it would go nuclear and I told her I didn't think so because at the end of the day that is really the last option that you would want to use because it will all end in tears no matter what side your on..

Not trying to be political because everybody has a right to vote for who they want , but I am glad that we have a President that has some backbone to him and has a " I will take zero shit attitude "
I hope and pray that it doesn't come to blows , but if it does I hope the USA makes such a violent statement of Iran that nobody will think about pushing this far again...

Remember my fellow Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts  Always Be Prepared

It wouldn't hurt to go buy some extra canned foods, bottle water, more ammo, candles, batteries and anything else you have been putting off. Either way it wouldn't go to waste and might make you feel better.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:

It wouldn't hurt to go buy some extra canned foods, bottle water, more ammo, candles, batteries and anything else you have been putting off.  Either way it wouldn't go to waste and might make you feel better.
 BUT ... is is NECESSARY for this situation? I'm not understanding IF this is a crisis prep situation (trying to catch up, after the past few wedding days).

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon May 13, 2019 5:43 pm

This guy Hal Turner is sometimes the only one who reports certain events so his accuracy can be tough to gauge, so feel free to take this for what its worth but he's been spot in so far with this Iran crisis.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/covert-intelligence-pics-and-video-limpet-mines-attached-to-oil-tankers-blew-up-7-10-of-them

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon May 13, 2019 8:19 pm

ReadyMom I don't think its a crisis prep situation not just yet and I am hoping it doesn't turn into one. Anytime you interrupt the flow of crude oil you will cause the price of things to raise...
Also if you factor the floods in the mid-west its going to be a little more costly for folks...

Just keep doing what your doing and keep your eye on the middle East...PopCorn

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Dave58 wrote:ReadyMom  I don't think its a crisis prep situation not just yet and I am hoping it doesn't turn into one. Anytime you interrupt the flow of crude oil you will cause the price of things to raise...
Also if you factor the floods in the mid-west its going to be a little more costly for folks...

Just keep doing what your doing and keep your eye on the middle East...PopCorn

That's how I've interpreted it, so far, but wasn't sure if I was not digesting some of the news properly. It seems to be a feather puffing event, so far, with USA responding as a precaution. But I did hear that it was in response to an 'undisclosed' threat to our ships. That plus the SOS cancelling several meetings due to this caught my attention. I'll keep watching plus reading this thread. Thanks everyone for staying on top of it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 13, 2019 9:02 pm

rick1 wrote:This is the only article I found from FOX news, from about 30 minutes ago, doesn't say anything about the B-52 flying over Iran:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-air-force-sends-message-to-iran

I found this:

B-52 bombers, F-15 fighters fly first deterrence sorties pointed at Iran
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/05/13/b-52-bombers-f-15-fighters-fly-first-deterrence-sorties-pointed-at-iran/

“We will not discuss mission specifics," said Air Force Maj. Holly Brauer, an AFCENT spokesperson. "They have begun flying deterrence missions in the region, including over the Arabian Gulf.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 14, 2019 4:01 am

U.S. getting plans together to deploy as many as 120,000 troops to middle east if Iran attacks U.S. military forces, its allies or accelerates nuclear enrichment:

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/white-house-reviewing-military-plans-against-iran/29939088.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 am

rick1 wrote:U.S. getting plans together to deploy as many as 120,000 troops to middle east if Iran attacks U.S. military forces, its allies or accelerates nuclear enrichment:

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/white-house-reviewing-military-plans-against-iran/29939088.html

That isn't a good sign at all

I think this situation really bares watching closely. I really hope there are no major provocations or escalations in the near future to fan the flames.

Also with the china trade war going on look for them to take advantage of the situation and use NK to stir the pot while we are focused on iran

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 7:41 am

This is IMO a fair synopsis of what's going on and how these seemingly random events are probably connected.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/final-meeting-before-real-trouble-starts-pompeo-headed-to-sochi-for-putin-lavrov-meet

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 14, 2019 7:54 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:This is IMO a fair synopsis of what's going on and how these seemingly random events are probably connected.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/final-meeting-before-real-trouble-starts-pompeo-headed-to-sochi-for-putin-lavrov-meet

DTKA - I wouldn't believe a thing Hal Turner says, he only tells the truth where a lie won't fit. He hates everybody, I put him in the same class as the KKK. But that's just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 8:40 am

rick1 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:This is IMO a fair synopsis of what's going on and how these seemingly random events are probably connected.

DTKA - I wouldn't believe a thing Hal Turner says, he only tells the truth where a lie won't fit. He hates everybody, I put him in the same class as the KKK. But that's just my opinion.

His analysis has been ahead of the curve on this Iran situation. He is reporting events before any major news outlets.

Like I said in an earlier post, take it for what it's worth with a grain of salt

Last edited by Drinkthekoolaid on Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 8:44 am

Read this story.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/oil-prices-edge-u-china-012011289.html

What caught my attention hasn't been really reported yet. The story is about crude oil prices going up.

But within the story it says because a Saudi oil platform was attacked by exploding drones. This isn't good.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum