Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern

2 posters

Go down

Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern Empty Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:55 am

Introducing the Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern & Charger!
https://www.shtfdad.com/introducing-hydra-light-salt-water-powered-lantern-charger/

Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern Introducing-the-Hydra-Light-The-Salt-Water-Powered-Lantern-Charger   Away from the wall socket or without your charger, a rechargeable battery is no better than a disposable.  In the US alone there is over $2 Billion1 spent on dry-cell batteries each year and most of those end up in the household garbage.  Those batteries often go dead on the shelf.  Solar must be kept in the sun, and there must be sun.
Report this ad

A startup out of Australia may have the solution, they created a Saltwater EnergyCell, roughly the size of a small can of soup, it has power equivalent to 85 general purpose AA batteries, at just a fraction of the cost.  With that kind of power potential, the Saltwater EnergyCell could have hundreds of applications.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern Empty Re: Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern

Post by rick1 Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:27 am

ReadyMom wrote:Introducing the Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern & Charger!
https://www.shtfdad.com/introducing-hydra-light-salt-water-powered-lantern-charger/

Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern Introducing-the-Hydra-Light-The-Salt-Water-Powered-Lantern-Charger   Away from the wall socket or without your charger, a rechargeable battery is no better than a disposable.  In the US alone there is over $2 Billion1 spent on dry-cell batteries each year and most of those end up in the household garbage.  Those batteries often go dead on the shelf.  Solar must be kept in the sun, and there must be sun.
Report this ad

A startup out of Australia may have the solution, they created a Saltwater EnergyCell, roughly the size of a small can of soup, it has power equivalent to 85 general purpose AA batteries, at just a fraction of the cost.  With that kind of power potential, the Saltwater EnergyCell could have hundreds of applications.   ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom,  you're a bad influence on me, I just had to order one of these salt water lanterns,  got it off of ebay for $22.99. Hope the wife doesn't find out, she'll cut off my allowance. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern Empty Re: Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:16 pm

rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:Introducing the Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern & Charger!

Hydra-Light: The Salt Water Powered Lantern Introducing-the-Hydra-Light-The-Salt-Water-Powered-Lantern-Charger  

ReadyMom,  you're a bad influence on me, I just had to order one of these salt water lanterns,  got it off of ebay for $22.99. Hope the wife doesn't find out, she'll cut off my allowance. Shocked

Hide it! That's what I do! Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:59 am

I ordered and received the aqua lamp. I've been at camp since last Sunday, but when I got home yesterday, I mixed up the salt and water solution and tried out the lamp last night.

I was disappointed, the lamp is just a little bit brighter than a candle. I paid $22.00 for the lamp and could have bought 5, 18 oz. candles that give the same amount of light and would last 5 times longer than the lamp.

The magnesium fuel cell only lasts about 100 hours and than needs replaced. A new fuel cell costs $20.00 dollars, pretty pricey.

You learn by your mistakes, so I don't recommend buying this salt water lamp, but it is better than not having any light at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:36 am

Thanks so much for your review! So sorry it’s such a disappointment, though.Can you return it?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:48 am

ReadyMom wrote:Thanks so much for your review! So sorry it’s such a disappointment, though.Can you return it?

I thought about returning it, but, it is as they advertised. I thought that when they said 100 hours burn time, that you just had to renew the salt and water, not the whole fuel cell.

My mistake, so I'll hang on to it and take it to camp for a backup.

Sometimes it's good to make mistakes, and let people know, so they don't make the same mistake.

Now I'm out a case of beer for camp. Laugh Animated  Where's OAR when you need him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down