Quilting Techniques

2 posters

Go down

Quilting Techniques Empty Quilting Techniques

Post by Cinnamon Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:29 pm

I've discovered a new thing in quilting...seems a lot of quilters are now using fleece and minkie fabrics to back their quilts making them softer and more snuggly. They are quilted just like a regular quilt some having batting in them, some do not. I have only ever used fleece on the back of my denim quilts, and only ever tied them, rather than doing an all-over stitch.

It makes for a very warm quilt. Has anyone else tried it?
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Quilting Techniques Empty Re: Quilting Techniques

Post by ReadyMom Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:22 pm

I've only made a couple of quilts and the front & back were both just cotton/poly blends, with a batting middle. Our daughter made one for our son using his soccer shirts from all his years in soccer. A LOT of work in that. What a learning experience. We'reNOT experienced quilters so we usually fly by the seat of our pants as we go!

Sent from Topic'it App

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Thought I'd revive this topic a bit...

T-shirt quilts are easier to make if you place iron-on interfacing under the part you plan to use. It has to be lightweight, because you don't want the quilt to be bulky. Some quilters take used fabric softener sheets to use for smaller logos you plant to keep in the quilt.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum