re-canning store bought canned green beans

2 posters

Go down

re-canning store bought canned green beans Empty re-canning store bought canned green beans

Post by jimLE Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:32 pm

1st i hope this is in the correct location.
2nd i ask bare with me on this
i use to buy the 14.5 oz can's of vegetables. then switched to the 8oz cans when my mom passed away seeing how that's the best route for me to take.then due to a tight budget.i go to the local food pantry.where I've ended up with 14.5oz cans of green beans.then i got some from a neighbor. now I'm wondering.is it a good or bad idea to recan them? on account i don't eat them very often.and im thinking that they might last longer this way.what do yall think?
jimLE
jimLE

Back to top Go down

re-canning store bought canned green beans Empty Re: re-canning store bought canned green beans

Post by ReadyMom Tue May 05, 2020 11:38 am

Sorry, I somehow missed this question. But ... better late than never (I hope!) But I think I found the answer and it seems to be 'No ... don't do it':

Can previously canned foods (either from the grocery store or home canned) be used to make a new batch of home-canned foods?
https://pickyourown.org/canningusingcannedfoods.php#.XrGH4Jp7njA

There are several problems with these practices: ... Continued ...

Admin

Back to top Go down