2019 Prepping Goals

Go down

2019 Prepping Goals Empty 2019 Prepping Goals

Post by Cinnamon Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:21 pm

One of the things on the list of prepping goals has been to clean the garage. It's been on that list for years, because I want more room for preps, of course.

Our stuff was packed back in 2003, and we moved four times since then, so boxes just came with us, and were thrown in the garage until we could deal with it. We unpacked 75% of the stuff we own, but there is still a lot out there, mostly kid stuff and books.

I figure, if we haven't needed it for 16 years...we don't need it. Smile

So yesterday, we tackled the garage. So far, 2 truckloads have gone to the dump. Probably 8-10 boxes of stuff has been burned.

The mice, mildew, and mold damage has been horrendous. The garage doesn't leak, but it's not climate controlled, either.

The good news is, we found a battery charger, several missing tools, some artwork, the sheet music books I've been trying to find for 2 years, and other stuff. Most of that was on the high shelf, so it's not damaged like the stuff down on the floor.

We still have lots to sift through, I've already got the 3rd load ready to put in the truck and take to the dump.

I'm hoping to finish by the end of the week.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down