PA Weather

4 posters

Go down

PA Weather Empty PA Weather

Post by ReadyMom Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:48 am

Worst Rainfall in 150 Years Damages Pennsylvania Homes, Roads
http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/dr20190731-worst-rainfall-in-150-years-damages-pennsylvania-homes-roads

According to the 150 years of data used by the National Weather Service, 2018 was the wettest year in the Berks region of Pennsylvania, with 68.08 inches of precipitation measured at Reading Regional Airport. This year is ahead of last year’s pace, with 38.21 inches already, far above the normal rate of 24.18 inches. Records for the wettest 12-month period are being set each month, according to the weather service. Some municipal officials say their infrastructure and stormwater management systems can’t handle the amount of rain we’re now receiving, and they are trying to figure out what type of improvements they can afford.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

PA Weather Empty Re: PA Weather

Post by rick1 Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Well RM, last year (2018) Johnstown airport recorded 71.83" and normal for the year was 51.10".

My rain gauge recorded 68.9", a lot of rain.

So far year to date, Johnstown airport has recorded 26.03" and normal year to date is 24.55".

Now if only that rain would be snow, I'd feel right at home, love that snow. Laugh-Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:13 pm

rick1 wrote:

Now if only that rain would be snow, I'd feel right at home, love that snow. Laugh-Roll
Fight-1

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:47 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote:

Fight-1

You're a trip ReadyMom, but could you put some bacon and eggs (over easy) in the pan first?

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:18 pm

Crazy PA weather, now it's 88 degrees and thunder storm alert. Tomorrow it's not to get out of the 60's and tomorrow night in the mid 40's.

So far in June, I've had to build about a dozen or more fires in the wood burner instead of running the oil furnace.

The weather must be run by demonrats, yep, climate change Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:01 am

rick1 wrote:Crazy PA weather, now it's 88 degrees and thunder storm alert. Tomorrow it's not to get out of the 60's and tomorrow night in the mid 40's.

So far in June, I've had to build about a dozen or more fires in the wood burner instead of running the oil furnace.

The weather must be run by demonrats, yep, climate change Laugh Animated

Well, yesterday, it got all the way to 64 degrees, 24 degrees colder then day before. This morning, at 5:10 a.m., it was a 38 degrees, and a fire in the wood burner going strong.

Cold enough to snow ReadyMom and at the end of June.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:31 pm

Lots of rain from hurricane Ida, my rain gauge over flowed, had at least 5 inches.

Called over to the neighboring farm to let them know that a big oak tree fell across their lane. Just came in since it quit raining and that tree is laying on the neighbors power line. Looks like Penelec is going to cut it up tomorrow, free fire wood for the neighbor.

Hey ReadyMom, any water damage down your way?

Just too bad it isn't snow, Snowflake-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:12 pm

rick1 wrote:

Hey ReadyMom, any water damage down your way?

Just too bad it isn't snow, Snowflake-03

"Just too bad it isn't snow" Funny man! Fight-1

So far, so good. But we are WET! My small fish pond and separate water fall are both overflowing. We have woods behind us that are wetlands and the soggy, soggy, soggy ground plus the REALLY big winds worry me with those trees. They sure do sway! Its one of the reasons I have a VERY big tarp stored away, in our garage!

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:33 pm

You're a trip ReadyMom.

I'm at camp now and the Raystown Branch of the Juniata river over flowed,  9.36 feet above flood state. Two ways into camp were flooded out, so I took the long way around to get here. Many of the cottages next to the river are flooded but not mine, I'm across the lane from them.

Here's an article on historic flooding from Hurricane Ida:

https://www.newsmax.com/us/pennsylvania-philadelphia-hurricane-ida/2021/09/02/id/1034792/ feet

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:09 pm

Juniata river over flowed, 9.36 feet above flood state.
It is a good time to discover your floor is 11 feet above the flood state.

Glad to know everyone up there is still kicking.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:13 pm

OK ReadyMom, battin' down the hatches, big noreaster coming our way, they're calling for 12/16 inches where I live, but it's going to be a light/dry snow, nothing heavy. Winds are going to pick up later Monday morning and that'll blow that light snow right up against our back porch/door and the one barn door.

Stock up, just in case ya loose power. Winter Cold-5

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:24 pm

Yup. Color me ecstatic!  CryingTantrum

Projection is 6-10" here. I think hubs just came down with covid, too. Nice timing. Guess I'll have to power up the snowblower (unless I start with symptoms too). Hoping a neighbor will help us out.

We're good for power. Lots of alternates plus whole-house gennie. Might need to trade power for snowblowing/ice removal with that neighbor!! Winter Shoveling-1

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:30 pm

Flu, your hubby probably has the flu.

I was sick 2 weeks ago and now the wife is sick, sounds just like covid, according to the doctor, got tested and they both came back negative.

Doctor said there are dozens of flu strains this year and the flu shot isn't working well, we both got the flu shot and it didn't work for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:34 pm

rick1 wrote:Flu, your hubby probably has the flu.
Our daughter has covid. Tested (+) and we see her ALL the time! Almost daily. So, I'm thinking not flu. He gets tested tomorrow, but already started increasing covid supplement protocol.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:41 pm

OH, hope all goes well.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:23 pm

Thinking positive thoughts:

PA Weather 271779414_4846468228729732_3617672410724727724_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=xi763qDEGeMAX8M-KY4&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:31 am

Snowflake-02 OK ReadyMom, here we go, just came in from plowing 1/4 mile of our lane, took almost 2 hours, measured the snow and so far we got 13 inches and still snowing. The winds are starting to pick up now, they're calling for up to 50 mph gusts, I'll be plowing again once the winds stop. Winter Shoveling-3

One thing about solar panels, they sure don't work when there's 13 inches of snow on top of them, I'll clean them off tomorrow morning.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:05 pm

Got everything ready for the ice storm that's heading our way tonight, they're calling for up to a half inch (plus) of ice.

I'm sure the power will be going out with that much ice. But, I'm ready for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:03 pm

Well, a little bit of winter hit us this morning.

30 degrees and a heavy wet snow, big snow flakes, about 2 inches of the white stuff. OH how I love winter. Winter Play-3

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:30 am

National Weather Service has issued a Ice Storm Warning for my area, lst time I've ever seen one of these.

Up to 1/2 inch of freezing rain expected, that means NO power for my area.

BUT, can't wait Snowflake-01  , everything is in place, solar generators are charged, gas generators are filled up, and tons of food ready to eat.

Hey ReadyMom, ya getting anything like this down east of me?

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:46 pm

rick1 wrote:National Weather Service has issued a Ice Storm Warning for my area, lst time I've ever seen one of these.

Up to 1/2 inch of freezing rain expected, that means NO power for my area.

BUT, can't wait Snowflake-01  , everything is in place, solar generators are charged, gas generators are filled up, and tons of food ready to eat.

Hey ReadyMom, ya getting anything like this down east of me?

Only got a quarter or less inch of freezing rain, about 2 inches of sleet and a couple inches of snow.

Disappointed, didn't lose power either. Wanted to play little house on the prairie but the elements just didn't come together.

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:01 pm

The first year I lived down south we had a freezing rain event. I lived on the mountain and did without electric for 18 days. Quite the adventure

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:28 pm

Dave58 wrote:The first year I lived down south we had a freezing rain event. I lived on the mountain and did without electric for 18 days.  Quite the adventure
Definitions:
Venture = risk
Add = to increase

Adventure = to increase risk

Star Trek Generations wrote:I take it, the odds are against us, and the situation is grim ...
You know, if Spock were here, he'd say that I was an irrational, illogical human being by taking on a mission like that. Sounds like fun!

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:55 am

Between last Saturday, yesterday and so far today, we got about 8" of snow and about 1" of rain and sleet. Still snowing and it's been windy as all get go since yesterday morning. My weather station had a gust of 49 mph, Johnstown airport had a gust of 51 mph yesterday.

Lost power yesterday evening, still no power. Running the solar generators (2 of them) where needed, lights at night, computer, internet and TV once in awhile. I'll run the generator later for a couple of hours to charge up the solar generators so they last the night if the power doesn't come back on.

House is warm, wood burner is a blairin' and the coffee is hot.

Just hanging out playing little house on the prairie. Just gots to love it. Very Happy

dmwalsh568 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:32 pm

rick1 wrote:Between last Saturday, yesterday and so far today, we got about 8" of snow and about 1" of rain and sleet. Still snowing and it's been windy as all get go since yesterday morning. My weather station had a gust of 49 mph, Johnstown airport had a gust of 51 mph yesterday.

Lost power yesterday evening, still no power. Running the solar generators (2 of them) where needed, lights at night, computer, internet and TV once in awhile. I'll run the generator later for a couple of hours to charge up the solar generators so they last the night if the power doesn't come back on.

House is warm, wood burner is a blairin' and the coffee is hot.

Just hanging out playing little house on the prairie. Just gots to love it. Very Happy

Power just came back on, 2 days no power and really didn't miss it. Ran the big generator for the hot water tank to take our showers, but that's all.

Be prepared.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum