Shelters On the Move

Go down

Shelters On the Move Empty Shelters On the Move

Post by ReadyMom Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:55 am

Emergency Shelters When You Are On The Move
https://www.askaprepper.com/emergency-shelters-when-you-are-on-the-move/

Shelters On the Move Lean-to-shelter-emergency-shelters-when-you-are-on-the-move   Surviving is all about prioritizing your needs. There are a lot of things you need to stay alive and healthy, but you don’t need them all right now. Some things can wait a while, but others are more urgent. Ask any survival expert for the top priority and they’re going to say “emergency shelter”. Yes, you can only survive three days without water – but if you’re caught without shelter in a blizzard, or even a late fall night in the average northern forest, and you’re not going to have to worry about three days from now. Because you’re not going to be around by dawn.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Shelters On the Move Empty Re: Shelters On the Move

Post by ReadyMom Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Natural A-Frame Shelter - Adirondack Style
https://www.survivalresources.com/natural-a-frame-shelter-adirondack-style.html

Shelters On the Move 8.InsideViewOfWovenBark.Original2 While on a 10 day trip to the wilderness canoe area of the Adirondacks in New York, I though it might be fun to build a Natural A-Frame Shelter. Normally, I would use saplings to weave between the side uprights, however, it is illegal to cut saplings in the Adirondack Park. Being there are so many birch trees in this area, I though birch bark might make an interesting substitute for weaving the sides. Here is how the project went. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:58 am

10 Natural Survival Shelters To Look For In The Wild
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/natural-survival-shelters/

Shelters On the Move Ngcb11   (SNIP) ... In any wilderness survival situation, a fire is always a priority. So is water. You can do without food for a couple of days. But shelter is high on the list of priorities and often takes the most time to construct. Natural shelters are everywhere if you recognize them, and many can make short work of any shelter construction.

We’re going to explore 10 types of natural shelters.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm

How To Build A Survival Debris Hut
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-build-a-survival-debris-hut/

Shelters On the Move How-To-Build-A-Survival-Debris-Hut-0   (SNIP) ... The best way to describe the debris hut is that it is a pile of leaves and other debris that is held back from crushing you by a ridgepole and a whole lot of sticks.

The debris hut is not unlike any other shelter except that it requires no cordage or tools and relies on leaves and forest debris to provide insulation.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down