Ammo & Gun-Retail Locations are Getting Smaller

4 posters

Go down

Ammo & Gun-Retail Locations are Getting Smaller Empty Ammo & Gun-Retail Locations are Getting Smaller

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:20 pm

Walmart to stop Alaska handgun sales, end sales of short-barrel rifle and handgun ammo nationwide
https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-to-stop-alaska-handgun-sales-end-sales-of-short-barrel-rifle-and-handgun-ammo-nationwide

Walmart is set to end sales of handguns in Alaska and will discontinue the sale of short-barrel rifle and handgun ammunition in stores nationwide, the super chain's president and CEO announced Tuesday afternoon.

The store said it will gear its focus toward long barrel deer rifles and shotguns, supply much of the ammunition they require and provide hunting and sporting accessories and apparel, Doug McMillon wrote in a memo.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Ammo & Gun-Retail Locations are Getting Smaller Empty Re: Ammo & Gun-Retail Locations are Getting Smaller

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:52 pm

Since Walmart is caving to the far left liberals, myself and a friend of mine, who's daughter is the early morning manager at a walmart, fixed us up.

We went to the super walmart (at 5 A.M.) and she hooked us up with all the remaining ammo that they will not be selling, a total of $1350.00 each. The shelves are now bare of all their 9mm, .40, .45, .38, .380, .223 and 5.56 ammo. Now to get it all mine (9mm, .38, .45 and 5.56) put away.

Like I needed more ammo. seeing stars

Back to top Go down

Ammo & Gun-Retail Locations are Getting Smaller Empty Re: Ammo & Gun-Retail Locations are Getting Smaller

Post by TRex2 Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:50 pm

I don't know if they are "far left," but left they are.
I think they are following Dick's, which seems to be far left.
Nice haul, BTW.

Hope you got it below retail price,
but be wise and don't say anything here,
one way or the other.

If it were my ammo, there would be a lot of friends
and family that would be well stocked, come Christmas.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:27 pm

TRex, I live on a 120 plus acre farm, the ammo was taken care of by the time you made your post.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Dick's has destroyed $5 million worth of weapons, its CEO says
https://www.wgal.com/article/dick-s-has-destroyed-5-million-worth-of-weapons-its-ceo-says/29398590?fbclid=IwAR2bDatb4_IsN4TU7Bx6kl78JXi-IUp-ouFGfF8YYca5aYsT4nUZrJbljFw

about $5 million of the chain's gun inventory has been turned into scrap metal, Stack said in an interview with CBS.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:33 pm

This is a great article

https://www.recoilweb.com/why-hornady-stopped-selling-ammunition-to-walmart-12-years-ago-152737.html

I think it's good we are becoming more decentralized in our guns and ammo. I'm glad a giant corporation of questionable motives or allegiances won't put any more local gun stores out of business.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:38 pm

Anybody looking for ammo, check out wikiarms.com, they list who has ammo in stock, on backorder, etc.. Also gun sales, I have used them before and they're pretty good about updating their list. Here's their listing of stores and .223/5.56 ammo:

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/223

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:27 pm

You just have to listen to this youtube video of a news anchor saying an ammo company has and is telling biden voters to pound sand, as they will not sell ammo to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bs1YcZfY3A

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:28 pm

You just have to listen to this youtube video of a news anchor saying an ammo company has and is telling biden voters to pound sand, as they will not sell ammo to them:

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:18 am

rick1 wrote:You just have to listen to this youtube video of a news anchor saying an ammo company has and is telling biden voters to pound sand, as they will not sell ammo to them:

Aside from the legalities, I wonder how this could be done!
It isn't like they have it stamped on their forehead, or tattooed on the back of their right hand.

(But I do wish we could do it! )

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:24 am

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:You just have to listen to this youtube video of a news anchor saying an ammo company has and is telling biden voters to pound sand, as they will not sell ammo to them:

Aside from the legalities, I wonder how this could be done!
It isn't like they have it stamped on their forehead, or tattooed on the back of their right hand.

(But I do wish we could do it! )

Well, they're doing it, at least for now.

Legally, I don't know if they can, but if amazon can stop selling a book because it was written by a republican, why can't republicans not sell ammo to a demonrat.

Cancel culture does work both ways, don't it?

There are certain companies, certain states, certain hotels, etc., that I won't buy from, even if they are 100% cheaper then somebody else. Although I'm only 1 person, that's my cancel culture on them.

And they can all go   devil  as far as I'm concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:53 pm

rick1 wrote:
Well, they're doing it, at least for now.

Legally, I don't know if they can, but if amazon can stop selling a book because it was written by a republican, why can't republicans not sell ammo to a demonrat.

Cancel culture does work both ways, don't it?

There are certain companies, certain states, certain hotels, etc., that I won't buy from, even if they are 100% cheaper then somebody else. Although I'm only 1 person, that's my cancel culture on them.

And they can all go   devil  as far as I'm concerned.
Don't get me wrong: I am all for it. In fact that is a lot nicer than a lot of my daydreams about what I would like to do to, not those who voted for Biden, but those who deceived people into thinking that voting Democrat was the right thing to do. I won't say more, as the enemy is listening, and I know our limits.

I am mainly wondering about the mechanics of how to do it. I know a gun range here in AR that said they would not cater to Islamists, but that is a bit easier. I just don't know how Phoenix Ammo would know which way someone voted. I would be happy to check off a spot on the order form, swearing I voted for Trump, but Democrats are known to be liars and have double standards, so they might just check it off too.

As for the legalities, well there are two issues. The first is the problem of Leftist having double standards, as they show time and time again. The second is that it is no problem to decide not to carry a product (Amazon) but when you turn away a customer, you risk not only the law, but extra-legal tribunals (see SweekCakes case note) and the wrath of "do gooders" also known as Social Justice warriors and terror groups like Antifa.

SweetCakes by Melissa Note: The court that "fined" SweetCakes by Melissa wasn't a criminal or civil court, it was an "administrative court" (Bunch of Leftist Bureaucrats) that should not have legal standing.

TRex2

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:24 pm

TRex, I have a lot of those daydreams too, but I always end up in jail.

Well, I looked around and according to this article, you can refuse to serve, sell, etc., to somebody based on their political views/party:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/11/25/can-businesses-refuse-to-serve-or-employ-trump-supporters/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:59 pm

rick1 wrote:TRex, I have a lot of those daydreams too, but I always end up in jail.

Well, I looked around and according to this article, you can refuse to serve, sell, etc., to somebody based on their political views/party:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/11/25/can-businesses-refuse-to-serve-or-employ-trump-supporters/
Well, there you go. Leftist double standard in action.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:37 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:44 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Ammo shortage shows no sign of improving: Smith & Wesson
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ammo-shortage-shows-no-sign-improving-smith-wesson

The few gun shops we have around my area, now have some ammo on the shelves compared to last year, but have a one box limit on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:38 pm

rick1 wrote:...
The few gun shops we have around my area, now have some ammo on the shelves compared to last year, but have a one box limit on them.
Purchase limits are a good idea, at this point, but I think we should see things easing up over the next few weeks. Of course, I thought the same about canning supplies, and that was a few months ago. One of the big monkey wrenches, now, is the lack of truck drivers. That makes it hard for me to forecast anything.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:39 pm

I checked luckygunner.com and they're all stocked up with just about every caliber.

https://www.luckygunner.com/handgun/45-acp-ammo

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:14 pm

rick1 wrote:I checked luckygunner.com and they're all stocked up with just about every caliber.
https://www.luckygunner.com/handgun/45-acp-ammo
While I still notices a couple of the specialty items are not there, yet, that is the widest variety I have seen in about 18 months.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum