Sex, Birth Control, and Beyond For SHTF

3 posters

Go down

Sex, Birth Control, and Beyond For SHTF Empty Sex, Birth Control, and Beyond For SHTF

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 am

Star  So ... here's a topic you don't see discussed a lot on prep forums! I'm putting it in the Baby/Pregnancy forum, since this would be how that forum got started  Cool

Sex, Birth Control, and Beyond For SHTF
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/sex-birth-control-and-beyond-for-shtf/

Sometimes it seems like people just assume that things like reproduction just stop being a concern during an emergency. The truth is far from that. This post may be off-putting to some of you but it is a subject that will come during a long-term situation and like so many things people don’t want to think about, the consequences of not learning now may cause a lot of trouble later on.

I know that morality and religious beliefs come into play when talking about this type of thing. I hope I have managed to be respectful towards everyone in this post. Please know that I have tried. This article is for men and women alike. Both genders should be aware of some of the basics for a SHTF situation.    ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Sex, Birth Control, and Beyond For SHTF Empty Re: Sex, Birth Control, and Beyond For SHTF

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:08 pm

Actually this is an interesting topic that is rarely ever talked about but is a part of human nature that won't just simply disappear in a crisis.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Sex, Birth Control, and Beyond For SHTF Empty Re: Sex, Birth Control, and Beyond For SHTF

Post by ReadyMom Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Actually this is an interesting topic that is rarely ever talked about but is a part of human nature that won't just simply disappear in a crisis.

We can talk about just about anything on here ... as long as it's legal and civil!

Admin

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:17 am

Where I live there is a bit of a joke that after every major snowstorm there tends to be a mini baby boom 9 months later.

https://weather.com/news/news/buffalo-new-york-snowvember-baby-boom

In a minor weather event it's somewhat amusing.

But in a full out major collapse scenario the same baby boom would be significantly more stressful.  In a major shtf scenario and the loss of most modern medical care pregnancy and child birth would become significantly more dangerous.

I also think it's human nature to look for companionship and comfort in times of stress. People would be looking for intimacy and living their lives with fear and uncertainty just living in the moment.

I think any skills or training you can acquire now on how to handle child birth and minor complications is very worthwhile. It may not come in handy for you and you family but it may benefit your neighbor or friend.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:38 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:

I think any skills or training you can acquire now on how to handle child birth and minor complications is very worthwhile. It may not come in handy for you and you family but it may benefit your neighbor or friend.  

Have you watched 'Call the Midwife'? SO many things can go wrong!! We're so lucky to have modern-medicine help, during birth. Our daughter probably wouldn't be here, if not for modern maternity medicine.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:58 am

ReadyMom wrote: Have you watched 'Call the Midwife'? SO many things can go wrong!! We're so lucky to have modern-medicine help, during birth. Our daughter probably wouldn't be here, if not for modern maternity medicine.
I had to look that one up.
Wikipedia wrote:Call the Midwife is a BBC period drama series about a group of nurse midwives working in the East End of London in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
The first series, set in 1957, premiered in the UK on 15 January 2012.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:35 pm

I can't help but remember what Jesus said (Luke21):
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
In some future disaster, we may be in the same situation Jesus predicted foretold here.

Last edited by TRex2 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:02 pm

If nothing else, condoms don't take up much space. I bet they would be valuable trading commodities in a collapse.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:If nothing else, condoms don't take up much space. I bet they would be valuable trading commodities in a collapse.
they were mentioned in the book "The Patriots," (Rawles) but not as a trading commodity.

Patriot Nurse has a video on this, and covers a lot of territory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dOgiCPKx4I
No nudity, but not something to view (listen to) with the children.

TRex2

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down