Screening Potential Prep or Survival Group Members

3 posters

Go down

Screening Potential Prep or Survival Group Members Empty Screening Potential Prep or Survival Group Members

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:28 pm

Screening Potential Members For Your Survival or Preparedness Group
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/screening-potential-members-for-your-survival-or-preparedness-group/

Screening Potential Prep or Survival Group Members Filip-filkovic-philatz-RkglSXLxdHM-unsplash   There is always a lot of talk about having a group in a survival situation. As someone that does not, I have had a chance to observe things a little differently and one thing I have noticed is that people are far too trusting of who they let in and how much information they reveal from the very beginning. Information can be revealed and the person doing it doesn’t even realize the extent of their transparency.

Since there is undoubtedly value in having a group of people that you can come together with during hard times, I want to talk about how to screen people that you are considering letting into this part of your life and discuss a few pointers for not getting in an awkward or even dangerous situation,   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Screening Potential Prep or Survival Group Members Empty Re: Screening Potential Prep or Survival Group Members

Post by SoZo Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Great topic ReadyMom. It's always a conundrum for me, I know you are always hopeful of helping people, in making a positive contribution to someone's situation or perspective.

I know I am always cautioning my husband about freely sharing what we have done - or not, yet there are those we do genuinely wish to be open with as well.

I have come to the belief that in this day of aggressive doxxing and cancel culture - in my online presence I am far more careful and reserved than I used to be. Not that I hide from what I do online or say online, but why be naive and invite trouble? In other words, I no longer blithely wear a target on my back. Smile People I know - sure - I'm pretty much an open book, but everyone else gets general facts or beliefs of the what-ifs we face.. not so much what I have done to get ready for them. Because, as I said before, there is some internal want to help ... but it's balanced against what does helping expose me to, either emotionally or physically.

If all that rambling makes any sense at all.

SoZo

Back to top Go down

Screening Potential Prep or Survival Group Members Empty Re: Screening Potential Prep or Survival Group Members

Post by rick1 Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:07 pm

Screening is appropriate if you have a group that consists of friends/neighbors. As for my wife and I, we have a small group that will be here on the farm, if life goes south.

They consist of two of my sisters and their husbands, these 2 sisters are both RN's. My one daughter and son in law and three grand kids, my daughter is also in the medical field. All, even the grand kids have something to contribute and they keep their mouths shut about prepping.

We meet every couple of months here on the farm and discuss everything and if something needs to be done, we all chip in to get it done, including money to purchase items.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoZo Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:18 pm

aahh.. did I misunderstand the topic? Is the groups on the internet or physical people in a physical setting?

SoZo

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:50 pm

SoZo wrote:aahh.. did I misunderstand the topic? Is the groups on the internet or physical people in a physical setting?

Maybe I did SoZo, but I took it as in a physical setting. Have one on me Cheers-Beer2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:35 pm

rick1 wrote:
SoZo wrote:aahh.. did I misunderstand the topic? Is the groups on the internet or physical people in a physical setting?

Maybe I did SoZo, but I took it as in a physical setting. Have one on me Cheers-Beer2

I understood it as physical, as well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoZo Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:49 pm

well, physical is easy... family first then a couple of families that would add skill sets beneficial to survival. (sorry.. didn't read the article ) Group dynamics are tricky things... need to make sure people bring benefits to offset the logical downsides.

SoZo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down