How to Prepare for a Pandemic

3 posters

Go down

How to Prepare for a Pandemic Empty How to Prepare for a Pandemic

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:34 pm

How to prepare for a coronavirus pandemic
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-prepare-for-coronavirus-pandemic-quarantine-2020-2

How to Prepare for a Pandemic 5e596273fee23d1962778d54?width=2500&format=jpeg&auto=webp   (SNIP) ... Bruce Aylward, a public-health expert with the WHO, said the world is "simply not ready" to contain the outbreak.

Here's what you can do to prepare.  ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

How to Prepare for a Pandemic Empty Re: How to Prepare for a Pandemic

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:27 am

Are You Pandemic Prepared? How to Prepare for Pandemic and Survive, Too
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/are-you-pandemic-prepared-how-to-prepare-for-pandemic-and-survive-too/

How to Prepare for a Pandemic Pandemic-wide The best time to prepare for a pandemic is when a serious disruptive event of the pandemic-type is not on the immediate horizon. That said, a pandemic can occur at any time. It is this unknown aspect of pandemics that make them a potential reality we must prepare for. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:52 am

Pandemic Supplies and Alternatives For When Stores Are Sold Out
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/pandemic-supplies-and-alternatives-for-when-stores-are-sold-out/

How to Prepare for a Pandemic 41%2Bgim-NNUL Rule #1 Something is better than nothing. This applies to all levels of pandemic supplies.

It has come to my attention that a lot of supplies like N-95 or N-100 disposable masks and hand sanitizers are running out. I wanted to do this post to highlight supplies you should have on hand for a pandemic and also offer some alternatives that can be utilized if something is sold out.

I am also going to offer alternatives that are better than nothing but not great so that we have two levels of alternatives to choose from when supplies are limited or non-existent. Some of the supplies in this post still seem to be in good supply at the moment, but that might not always be the case. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:16 am

30 Supplies for Pandemic Survival
https://www.askaprepper.com/30-supplies-pandemic-survival/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=AAP

How to Prepare for a Pandemic 30-Supplies-for-Pandemic-Survival-890x395_c (BIG SNIP) ... There can be an overwhelming number of items to consider when preparing for a pandemic. This is particularly true for those who have little medical knowledge. It may all seem foreign. To combat this confusion, I thought it necessary that we break up our preps into three very distinct categories. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:48 pm

From the CDC: 2 page PDF

Pandemic Flu Planning Checklist for Individuals and Families
https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/46451

You can prepare for an influenza pandemic now. You should know both the magnitude of what can happen during a pandemic outbreak and what actions you can take to help lessen the impact of  an  influenza  pandemic  on  you  and  your  family.  This  checklist  will  help  you  gather  the information and resources you may need in case of a flu pandemic. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:12 pm

A reminder, since it has been about a year since we did much discussion on this subject.

It is worth noting that the first post in this thread was 5 weeks after we began watching the Covid-19 virus spread across the world.

My previous studies of panic buying indicate that it takes only about 6 days, from the time the news announces a problem until people have stripped the shelves of products related to that problem.

Remember Pandemics only happen on two occasions:
When you are ready for them.
When you are not...

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:29 pm

It has been almost a year since this thread was updated. Everything in it seems to still be current (note), but I thought I would point out that the UK government has published some new infection control stuff (seems to be for inside clinics). Not sure if it is worth much, but here goes.

This article is a good summary and covers some related topics:
https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2023/10/uk-hsa-guidance-investigation-initial.html

Here is the link to the UK Guidance PDF
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/avian-influenza-guidance-and-algorithms-for-managing-human-cases/investigation-and-initial-clinical-management-of-possible-human-cases-of-avian-influenza-with-potential-to-cause-severe-human-disease

Note: this is a good time to review, since we seem to be between "panic pandemics."

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:36 pm

I'm debating creating a virus kit - trash bags, protective clothing, cleaners and sanitizers, medical supplies, supplements, and preventatives. I have all this stuff around the house, but it's not in any one spot. Thinking we need a designated home for quick access.

With Husband's medical condition, we have to be cautious about contamination, anyway. He is currently stable, but I have to be prepared for the worst.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:01 pm

Cinnamon wrote:I'm debating creating a virus kit - trash bags, protective clothing, cleaners and sanitizers, medical supplies, supplements, and preventatives. I have all this stuff around the house, but it's not in any one spot. Thinking we need a designated home for quick access.

With Husband's medical condition, we have to be cautious about contamination, anyway. He is currently stable, but I have to be prepared for the worst.
For everything, other than cleaning products, you might want to consider a small dresser.

That said, the next pandemic is most likely to be some version of bird flu.

While it will have the ability to jump to humans, from birds, it is unlikely to be able to move freely through the human population. The first line of defense will be to keep your flock healthy, and keep all other birds away.

Two things that always seem to come up are "no standing water" in the area (attracts birds who want to drink or bathe) and overhead cover. (Bird droppings can spread the virus.) For those who "free range" their flock, I don't have an answer.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:09 am

TRex2 wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:I'm debating creating a virus kit - trash bags, protective clothing, cleaners and sanitizers, medical supplies, supplements, and preventatives. I have all this stuff around the house, but it's not in any one spot. Thinking we need a designated home for quick access.

For everything, other than cleaning products, you might want to consider a small dresser.

That said, the next pandemic is most likely to be some version of bird flu.
Any progress on this project?

Any pitfalls, for those of us thinking along the same lines, that we should be aware of?

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down