It's getting personal now...

4 posters

Go down

It's getting personal now... Empty It's getting personal now...

Post by Cinnamon Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Been reading about Co-Vid deaths, but up until now, haven't had any direct experience with it. However, that has changed.

Two weeks ago, I was informed of an older cousin's death, and just in the last day or so, realized they must have had Co-Vid - trouble breathing, medically induced coma, and ventilator were used as a last ditch effort but he succumbed (we have not actually been informed it was Co-Vid, but he was otherwise healthy).

Two days ago a family friend informed us her FIL who had multiple health issues, has passed away from complications from tested and confirmed Co-Vid. Her MIL had it too, but recovered.

Last night, one of my younger cousins (late 30s), was tested and found to be positive after 9 days of illness they thought was pneumonia. She is now in a medically induced coma, on a ventilator. The prognosis isn't good.

The cities these happened in are Bakersfield, CA, State College, PA, and the Washington DC area.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

It's getting personal now... Empty Re: It's getting personal now...

Post by Dave58 Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:10 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Been reading about Co-Vid deaths, but up until now, haven't had any direct experience with it. However, that has changed.

Two weeks ago, I was informed of an older cousin's death, and just in the last day or so, realized they must have had Co-Vid - trouble breathing, medically induced coma, and ventilator were used as a last ditch effort but he succumbed (we have not actually been informed it was Co-Vid, but he was otherwise healthy).

Two days ago a family friend informed us her FIL who had multiple health issues, has passed away from complications from tested and confirmed Co-Vid. Her MIL had it too, but recovered.

Last night, one of my younger cousins (late 30s), was tested and found to be positive after 9 days of illness they thought was pneumonia. She is now in a medically induced coma, on a ventilator. The prognosis isn't good.

The cities these happened in are Bakersfield, CA, State College, PA, and the Washington DC area.

I'm sorry for your loss

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:27 pm

Sorry for your loss Cin, stay safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 pm

Oh Cin ... this is just horrible! It's hitting so close to home for  you. And not just one ... but THREE?! I'm so sorry you have to keep getting news like that! {{hug}}

Our son, who is living in Richmond, is dating a young woman who is a PA in a local hospital down there. Our son gets seasonal allergies and becomes asthmatic from it and needs an inhaler for most of the spring time. Since he's in a new city, there's new pollen and he's had an especially bad allergy season, so far. For that reason, his girlfriend has decided that until the pandemic is over, they probably should not see each other in person, to keep him safe. What a brave & unselfish suggestion she made to him. So, that's what they are doing. This makes me hope he stays with her even more.  

These are trying times.

Last edited by ReadyMom on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:33 am

Thank you all for the condolences. The first two...well, they were compromised as it was...so there was a niggle of expectation, and always the hope they'd not succumb.

The third person is a shocker, she's young! She's healthy! And now, she's on a ventilator! So far, she's holding her own. Lots of people praying for her, too.

As with all plagues, this one is no respecter of persons.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum