New Swine flu of interest

3 posters

Go down

New Swine flu of interest Empty New Swine flu of interest

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:08 pm

From BBC

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704

Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China

The new flu strain that has been identified in China is similar to 2009 swine flu, but with some new changes.
So far, it hasn't posed a big threat, but Prof Kin-Chow Chang and colleagues who have been studying it, say it is one to keep an eye on.
The virus, which the researchers call G4 EA H1N1, can grow and multiply in the cells that line the human airways.
They found evidence of recent infection starting in people who worked in abattoirs and the swine industry in China.
Current flu vaccines do not appear to protect against it, although they could be adapted to do so if needed.
Prof Kin-Chow Chang, who works at Nottingham University in the UK, told the BBC: "Right now we are distracted with coronavirus and rightly so. But we must not lose sight of potentially dangerous new viruses."

Will do my best to watch news on this, but wanted to share since most news is about COVID-19 and it’s easy for things like this to go unnoticed.

dmwalsh568

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Swine flu of interest Empty Re: New Swine flu of interest

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:21 pm

There are so many times that new strains of the flu start up in China, that I don't pay much attention until they begin to spread to places other than Asia. Asia, especially China, is a big mixing bowl for flu DNA.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:15 am

TRex2 wrote:There are so many times that new strains of the flu start up in China, that I don't pay much attention until they begin to spread to places other than Asia. Asia, especially China, is a big mixing bowl for flu DNA.

True, but given how tight lipped China is with infection data, my interest is always piqued by ANY reports of new strains. Especially when it hits the BBC websites, since I suspect they have sources in Hong Kong that give them access to better data.

Of course if we get a second pandemic flu it won't matter a lot for preparations, although it would mean more severe problems for longer. Hopefully we catch a break and 2020 doesn't throw anything else at us.... :

dmwalsh568

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:02 pm

The U.S. has its hands full now, riots, murders, covid-19, another Russian hoaks, the economy, etc., we sure don't need another strain of another flu.

And dmwalsh568 is right, China keeps everything close to their chest until it reaches other countries.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:31 am

10% of workers in the China pig industry have tested positive for the new swine flu, but no evidence of person to person transmission (according to FOX news). This article discusses the possibility of another pandemic from this new swine flu strain:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-06-swine-flu-strain-china-poses.html

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:27 am

rick1 wrote:10% of workers in the China pig industry have tested positive for the new swine flu, but no evidence of person to person transmission (according to FOX news). This article discusses the possibility of another pandemic from this new swine flu strain:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-06-swine-flu-strain-china-poses.html

No human to human transmission so far...that we know of. But with Covid-19, it took just two weeks to go from no H2H to well, maybe there is some, and then another week to confirmed H2H transmission.

https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com/t1422-discussion-news-china-january-2019

I just hope a few scientists are working on a vaccine for this G4 strain of swine flu and not everyone is just focused on Covid-19. Prevention is so much better than trying to stop things once they are widespread. Sigh.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:39 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:No human to human transmission so far...that we know of. But with Covid-19, it took just two weeks to go from no H2H to well, maybe there is some, and then another week to confirmed H2H transmission.
I don't pay much attention to what they say. True, you guys tipped me off to Covid a couple weeks before it would have hit my radar, but it was the fact that it broke out of multiple quarantine zones that made me realize the whole world was in trouble.

These things hit my radar when they spread outside China and SE Asia. Too many of them (about 20 per year) rise and fall inside that zone. The reason everyone in the MSM is talking about this one, is that they are the MSM, and right now, that means they have to keep the focus off of what is really happening. This round of the flu is, at this time, a diversion, plain and simple.

Always look for what the magician is doing with his other hand.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:19 pm

TRex2 wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote:No human to human transmission so far...that we know of. But with Covid-19, it took just two weeks to go from no H2H to well, maybe there is some, and then another week to confirmed H2H transmission.
I don't pay much attention to what they say. True, you guys tipped me off to Covid a couple weeks before it would have hit my radar, but it was the fact that it broke out of multiple  quarantine zones that made me realize the whole world was in trouble.

These things hit my radar when they spread outside China and SE Asia. Too many of them (about 20 per year) rise and fall inside that zone. The reason everyone in the MSM is talking about this one, is that they are the MSM, and right now, that means they have to keep the focus off of what is really happening. This round of the flu is, at this time, a diversion, plain and simple.

Always look for what the magician is doing with his other hand.

Well TRex, I used to be a doubting Thomas too, until the COVID-19 hit, it opened my eyes a little more.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:49 pm

rick1 wrote:...
Well TRex, I used to be a doubting Thomas too, until the COVID-19 hit, it opened my eyes a little more.
Most of us on this forum are old enough to have lived through 4 pandemics. (Except DTKA, who has only seen three)

Yes, this one is worse, but the real differences with Covid-19 are:
-24 hour news cycle (we hear about it, over and over)
-Trump Derangement Syndrome (MSM trying to blame Trump)
-Americans living in fear of the unknown (sign of the End Times)
-The puppeteers behind the Deep State capitalizing on our fear
to control the population, and to destroy America.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:06 pm

While this particular virus isn't on my radar, yet, these viruses do merit close watching. Another article pointed out that 180 days ago, no one had heard of Covid-19. Now, just six months later, it overwhelms the news.

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2020/06/pnas-eurasian-avian-like-h1n1-swine.html
Although avian influenza viruses generally score highest on the pandemic threat scale (see CDC Adds 3 Novel Flu Viruses To IRAT List) - mostly because they tend to produce a greater lethality in humans - swine influenza viruses start out with an important evolutionary advantage; they are already adapted to a mammalian host.
Every summer for the past decade, we've seen anywhere from a handful to several hundred swine-origin influenza cases turning up in humans, primarily connected with state and local agricultural fairs. Less well documented, we've also gotten reports of swine-origin influenza jumping to humans in Europe and Asia.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down