Go down

Covid 2.0 ?? Empty Covid 2.0 ??

Post by Dave58 Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:38 am

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Covid 2.0 ?? Empty Re: Covid 2.0 ??

Post by rick1 Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:19 pm

This doesn't sound good, especially after this covid we're going through now. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 am

Commercial (aka "factory") pig farms and chicken farms, whether they are US style or Chinese style, are almost ideal breeding ground for new or improved viruses. Thankfully, most of these new viruses never gain the ability to jump from human to human, although a few of them will infect the farm workers.

The entire pork producing ecosystem has been in trouble for several years, and a year or so ago, the damage from ASF reached a point where, as far as I can tell, we now stand near the edge of a chronic shortage of every kind of pork product. The addition of this virus to the mix will certainly make matters worse.

This was the situation at the end of 2019:
It has been said that the confrontation with China in particular has curtailed the ability of the U.S. to supply the country with a reliable and affordable supply of high quality pork as the nation has seen its own domestic swine herd devastated by African swine fever over the past year and a half. While their demand for pork from all origins including the U.S. will certainly help to support prices in the upcoming year, it is also important to keep in mind the supply situation and its impact on price.

In the December World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates report, USDA updated their projection for 2019 U.S. pork production to 27.708 billion pounds, up 74 million from the November estimate of 27.634 billion, and 406 million above their estimate back in June as hog and pork supplies in the second half of the year came in well above expectations. The current projection for 2020 U.S. pork production is 28.694 billion pounds, an increase of 3.6% over the current year and roughly in line with both the percentage increase in the Dec. 1 all Hogs & Pigs inventory year-over-year as well as the Sept.-Nov. pigs per litter from the latest quarterly inventory report at 103.02% and 103.07%, respectively. The percentage increase year-over-year in the heaviest weight hog categories continues to be larger than what would have been expected based on previous surveys, and this is something that market participants will continue tracking in the new year as we move into 2020.

But this year brought the Covid19 crisis:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-22/coronavirus-swine-fever-threaten-world-s-biggest-pork-producer
As businesses around the globe buckle under the strain of Covid-19, the world’s biggest pork producer is fighting not just one highly contagious virus, but two. And the outcome could determine whether Americans will have enough hot dogs, bacon, and ham this summer.

Hong Kong-based WH Group Ltd. is struggling to cope with the virus that causes African swine fever (ASF), a deadly malady that’s devastated hog herds and helped more than double pork prices in China, while also spreading to other countries in Asia and Europe. Like Covid-19, ASF is currently incurable and researchers have yet to come up with a vaccine. China’s pork production fell 29% in the first three months of 2020; the swine disease has slashed the size of the country’s hog herd by about half.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:33 am

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:22 am

Dave58 wrote:Basically save the young first

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/10/25/with-coronavirus-cases/

It's mind blowing that the Gov.of Utah doesn't ask the feds to send in their military doc's and nurses and build temporary hospitals. They did it in NY and Kilifornia.  Surprised

Just let us old goats die, just mind blowing.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:16 pm

in MA, we setup various convention centers as temporary medical facilities for the less intense COVID cases, freeing up hospital staff and beds for the sicker patients to stay in the hospital rather than these overflow facilities. And it was done with the local National Guard.... When the numbers dropped, the facilities were closed up.
So where are the Utah National Guard and why aren't the convention centers being converted for emergency use? Hopefully people are scrambling to make that happen rather than just give up and let things happen as it will...but there seems to be a lot of fatalism these days rather than preparation. Sigh.

dmwalsh568

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:25 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:23 pm

I was just reading about this! I messaged some family over in England, and they confirmed it. In his words:
Absolutely ... its worse than that.

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:47 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
 I was just reading about this! I messaged some family over in England, and they confirmed it. In his words:
Absolutely ... its worse than that.

I have a niece the lives in England said it getting bad pretty quick.. I know this is only 1 flight from being here if its not here already..

People refuse to wear a mask and i don't get it. Nobody hates wearing a mask anymore than I do , but I refuse to let a stranger dictate whether I get sick or not so I wear mine...

This is really starting to bother me because its not slowing down... There are a lot of things starting to fall into place..

Stay Safe Pls

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:14 pm

I have another cousin who also responded. She said that communities are sorted by 'tiers'. Tier 4 can NOT cross into another tier and residents can NOT cross into Tier 4.

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:51 pm

I hadn't heard that.. Thanks for the heads up

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:33 am

Britain Sounds Alarm About Mutant Coronavirus Strain
https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/britain-sounds-alarm-about-mutant-coronavirus-strain

British scientists were scrambling to work out whether a mutant strain of the coronavirus, which has been spreading rapidly in England this month, may be resistant to the crop of newly developed vaccines.

The strain was first identified on December 13 in the county of Kent in southern England, and initial analysis by government scientists suggests it is “growing faster than the existing variants.” ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:36 am

Here's a pic of the 'Tier' alerts that my cousin was telling me about, over in ENgland:

Covid 2.0 ?? AP20353625600536
A digital sign shows that London is under coronavirus Tier 3 restrictions, the toughest level in England's three-tier system, at Euston railway station in London, Dec. 18, 2020.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:44 am

Dave58 wrote:

I have a niece the lives in England said it getting bad pretty quick.. I know this is only 1 flight from being here if its not here already..  

I was thinking the same thing. Here's a headline about that. Flights are now being cancelled/banned from the UK to other European nations. (Wonder if that will happen here?)

European nations ban UK flights as new virus strain goes 'out of control'
https://www.trtworld.com/europe/european-nations-ban-uk-flights-as-new-virus-strain-goes-out-of-control-42526

European countries, Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany, are placing a ban on flights coming from the UK because the new Covid-19 strain is spreading far more quickly.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:52 am

Apparently people were fleeing London area, (like NYers did here) before the midnight lock-down took affect. According to the report, below, they were fleeing, to the 'Midlands'. The Midlands is where I was born and my dad's family is from. It's countryside. Small towns nestled in rolling green country side. Children were sent there, during the war, for safety out of areas being bombed.

POLICE are enforcing the lock-down, according to this report. (Can you imagine this happening here, in the USA????)

New Covid strain ‘out of control’, says Hancock
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/sunday-shows-round-up-new-covid-strain-out-of-control-says-hancock

AM: Will the [police] be stopping people getting onto trains? Will they be stopping people climbing into their cars and driving off to the Midlands?

MH: Of course. It's the police's responsibility to police the law, and the law came into force in the early hours of this morning.

MORE:

Crowds flee London after tough Tier 4 Covid restrictions announced
https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40194051.html

Passengers faced packed train carriages out of London as many attempted to flee the capital following the announcement of tougher coronavirus restrictions.

Travellers were told that social distancing “will not be possible” due to the volume of people on board, and those that felt “uncomfortable” should not stay on the train. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:55 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:56 pm

I think it has been here Dave, it's just that they finally found somebody that tested positive. Just look at the hundreds of flights that have come into the U.S. since it was found in the EU.

Supposedly the current vaccines will control it and supposedly you don't get any sicker from this strain. (Supposedly)

You know the old sayin', you can see up a bulls a_s as far as I can. Laugh Animated

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down