2020 NOVEMBER - Prepping Updates For The Week/Month

3 posters

Go down

2020 NOVEMBER - Prepping Updates For The Week/Month Empty 2020 NOVEMBER - Prepping Updates For The Week/Month

Post by Cinnamon Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:09 am

Started the new thread.

Grocery shopping was quick, stocked up on the stuff we used, but also bought a couple new thermal shirts.

I finished quilting and binding another quilt. Also made more flannel washcloths for the babies soon-to-be-born in the family. Finished repairing some items for my sister and mailed them off.

My niece has been without power for 4 days now due to the storms in the area. She has a kerosene space heater and they've been using that to keep the house warm. She is following all safety precautions, too. She has all her animals bedded down in hay in the barn and outbuildings. Her husband works out of town, so most of the upkeep is on her. So far, they're weathering the ice/snow pretty good.

I took the itchy kitten back to the vet for another round of meds. He seems to be doing better. He goes back in 2 weeks for a single followup shot. His hair is growing back and we don't hear him scratching at night anymore (he's isolated in a closed room to keep the other cats and the dog from bothering him). He is eating well and being friendlier, too - a good sign.

One of our neighbors, whom we see about once a week to wave at, called to let us know she tested positive for Covid. We don't visit often, but we do talk on the road once in a while when we're out and about in our driveway. She has not had any symptoms, and it's been 10 days, now. As far as we know, we weren't exposed, hadn't seen her in a few weeks.

We're all prepped up for whatever winter and other things can be thrown at us...the next few days should be interesting, even out here in flyover rural country.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

2020 NOVEMBER - Prepping Updates For The Week/Month Empty Re: 2020 NOVEMBER - Prepping Updates For The Week/Month

Post by rick1 Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:29 am

Rotated out 15 gallon of gas. Ran the generators and topped them off with gas.

My chainsaw has been giving me fits when it comes to starting it, so I tore it apart and boiled the carb., cleaned it up, went to a higher grade of octane and the saw works fine now. Sharpened the 3 spare chains for it too.

Helped the wife clean up the yard (AGAIN), seems like the big oak trees take forever to shed their leaves.

The one grandson turned 14 yo last Saturday, so I bought him a new remington .243 and took him out to sight it in, he's happy.

His sister is taking her drivers test on Saturday, the first day of buck season. She didn't know that and when I told her, she said that she's going hunting with me instead and will take her test another time.

Back to top Go down

2020 NOVEMBER - Prepping Updates For The Week/Month Empty Re: 2020 NOVEMBER - Prepping Updates For The Week/Month

Post by rick1 Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Hauled about 2 cord of wood up to the garage for the winter to heat it.

Took the grandson out to sight in his new remington .243 rifle I bought him for hunting. He's ready to go on Saturday, 1st day of rifle season for buck. Doe season starts next week.

Bought 1000 rounds each of .223 and 5.56, some guy on the net was selling them for $500.00/thousand.

Turkey day, I put the turkey in the oven at 6 a.m., it's almost done. A couple of the kids and their family are coming over for a freebee dinner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:24 pm

I've been down for a bit - bent over to give the sickly kitten his food and twisted as I stood up - who knew a pinched nerve could be so painful. Had to go to the ER, then my regular doctor after the weekend, and now am doing physical therapy twice a week to get back to my old self. Lots of bed rest, muscle relaxers, and an occasional Valium has gotten me through the worst of the pain.

Husband has jumped in to do everything, shopping laundry, vacuuming, etc. He's also been mulching leaves, made a game hoist in the back yard, and general cleanup outside. He plans to fire up the wood stove tomorrow, so he brought the wood rack up to the porch and filled it.

We had Mom and Dad over for Thanksgiving, Husband fixed most of the meal with some directions from me. He rolled out pie crust, peeled potatoes, and several other things I usually do.

We got a little surprise. The Corolla we thought was totaled wasn't - we had sold it to the mechanic for scrap. He found an identical one at a scrap yard and was able to use it for parts for ours. It was even the same color! We bought it back from him for parts and his labor. It runs great. It's been our runaround car for a long while, good to have it back.

Now to get ready for Christmas and the incoming family. Smile
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:57 am

My wife and I finally finished the ad on to the chicken house and we moved the rest of the chicks out there yesterday..Now the wait begins... CartoonHen

It was just the wife and I for Thanksgiving she is terrified of the virus and she has to work around it everyday so we avoid people as much as possible.....

Everybody take car and stay safe

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down