Attempted Poisoning of Florida City’s Water Supply By Hacker

5 posters

Go down

Attempted Poisoning of Florida City’s Water Supply By Hacker Empty Attempted Poisoning of Florida City’s Water Supply By Hacker

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:26 pm

Attempted Poisoning of Florida City’s Water Supply By Hacker
https://techtalk.pcmatic.com/2021/02/08/attempted-poisoning-of-florida-citys-water-supply-by-hacker/?fbclid=IwAR1lbqCWnR4mrtcg62M8KFwY3rWf8LmlVSXaeMZ1qeC9ezDXECh_aSRhNdI

“The person who remotely accessed the system for about three to five minutes, opening various functions on the screen,” Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said during the press conference. “One of the functions opened by the person hacking into the system was one that controls the amount of sodium hydroxide in the water.”

Sodium hydroxide is commonly known as lye. It’s used in water supplies to bring up the pH and prevent pipe corrosion. If ingested in larger quantities, however, lye can cause severe corrosive burns to the throat, esophagus, and stomach sometimes leaving permanent damage. Lye can cause skin burns and damage to the eyes. When mixed with water, it releases fumes that can harm the lungs. If enough is ingested, it can lead to death.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Attempted Poisoning of Florida City’s Water Supply By Hacker Empty Re: Attempted Poisoning of Florida City’s Water Supply By Hacker

Post by rick1 Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:32 am

Back to top Go down

Attempted Poisoning of Florida City’s Water Supply By Hacker Empty Re: Attempted Poisoning of Florida City’s Water Supply By Hacker

Post by Dave58 Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:22 am

rick1 wrote:Here's another article on the water hack that just came out:

https://www.local10.com/news/2021/02/09/sheriff-hacker-tried-to-taint-florida-citys-water-with-lye/

This was just a practice run....

If you want to cripple a city you don't want to kill a lot of people you would need to make hundreds or maybe thousands of people very sick. By doing that you would place an enormous strain on all the city's resources....

Keep your heads on a swivel and stay vigilant who ever is doing this is getting braver

Just my thoughts

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Here's another article on the water hack that just came out:

https://www.local10.com/news/2021/02/09/sheriff-hacker-tried-to-taint-florida-citys-water-with-lye/

If you want to cripple a city you don't want to kill a lot of people you would need to make hundreds or maybe thousands of people very sick. By doing that you would place an enormous strain on all the city's resources....

Keep your heads on a swivel and stay vigilant who ever is doing this is getting braver

Just my thoughts

Just a matter of time, when some crackpot will go overboard. It'll be something like what China did, you know, covid-19.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:09 am

Wow, that is scary.

Just another reason to get out of any city where you don't have control over basic needs, such as water.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Dave58 wrote:...

Just my thoughts
This one was done by amateurs.
Either that, or they wanted to see how much they could do before being spotted.
Also, they altered it enough to mess with the pipes, but it would have tasted so bad that no one would have drank much of it. (Over 100 times the concentration.)

They mess with the chemical ph control, and other systems, at random.
Part of what got them noticed was the random things they were playing with.

If they wanted to really do harm, they would have altered the device that measured the chemicals, in stead of altering the amount of chemicals directly. Make the system read one third of what it should, and let the operators change it. Repeat that, a few hours later, and soon you have almost ten times the amount of chemicals in the water.  I know from experience (system malfunction in Italy) that people will still drink water with ten times the chem levels in it. (But they will complain.)

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum