Israel/Iran/Syria

5 posters

Go down

Israel/Iran/Syria Empty Israel/Iran/Syria

Post by Dave58 Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:47 am

It seems things might be picking up just a little....

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/alarms-sound-in-south-of-israel-665953

Dave58

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Israel/Iran/Syria Empty Re: Israel/Iran/Syria

Post by Dave58 Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:49 am

Dave58

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:19 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:59 am

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:15 pm

rick1 wrote:The U.S. flies it's B-1B bombers with Israel allies over the Straight of Hormuz, must want Iran to know we're still alive:

https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/mideast-us-bomber/2021/10/31/id/1042661/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM271279_10312021&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010104z2typi
I can't think of any real motive this Administration would have for such an action, except possibly for propaganda to be consumed by our own citizens.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:24 pm

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:The U.S. flies it's B-1B bombers with Israel allies over the Straight of Hormuz, must want Iran to know we're still alive:

https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/mideast-us-bomber/2021/10/31/id/1042661/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM271279_10312021&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010104z2typi
I can't think of any real motive this Administration would have for such an action, except possibly for propaganda to be consumed by our own citizens.

OH, corn pop had a brain fart Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 pm

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:03 pm

rick1 wrote:Iran releases a list of targets to be hit in Israel. I thought old corn pop was talking to Iran, ahh, he must of blundered again:
[link to bogus target list]

Saber Rattling. The target list is bogus, but the sentiment isn't. Iran wants Israel gone, and this was just a heads up to them, that they aren't forgotten.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:28 pm

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Iran releases a list of targets to be hit in Israel. I thought old corn pop was talking to Iran, ahh, he must of blundered again:
[link to bogus target list]

Saber Rattling. The target list is bogus, but the sentiment isn't. Iran wants Israel gone, and this was just a heads up to them, that they aren't forgotten.

I hope you're right TRex, but these old bones say different. My gut says it's going to happen, just as soon as Iran has their nuclear weapon and that's coming sooner then people think.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:53 pm

I think ww3 is going to kick off in either 1 of 3 places and the other 2 theaters will commence shortly after.

Israel Syria iran

China Taiwan north korea western Pacific

Russia Belarus Ukraine

Which ever of those kicks off first expect the others to use that as an opportunity

And it's entirely possible to happen within the next 12 months

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:27 pm

rick1 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:...
I hope you're right TRex, but these old bones say different. My gut says it's going to happen, just as soon as Iran has their nuclear weapon and that's coming sooner then people think.
Oh, I don't dispute any of that. We are in agreement. I just meant the article, itself, is saber rattling, and has little to do with the actual attack plans. They are moving, somewhat erratically, towards building a nuclear strike capability, and plan to use it, when they feel it is ready.

But their propaganda department probably doesn't know the details of the War Department plans so the two are proceeding, but no where close to being in sync.

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:I think ww3 is going to kick off in either 1 of 3 places and the other 2 theaters will commence shortly after.
Which ever of those kicks off first expect the others to use that as an opportunity
I believe that IS the plan. North Korea is likely to be the first pawn pushed out, in the Western Pacific, Hamas or Hezbollah might be used for the same purpose in the Middle East.

Russia is currently on track to attack the Dunbass region, and I expect them to take Mariupol this time (they went as far as Donetsk, last time). If they don't go beyond Mariupol, I don't think Biden will respond. (I base this on Obama's response, when the Russians took Georgia and Donetsk, and Crimea.)

They have a timetable limitation, due to their current force structure. If they don't do anything by the end of Feb, they basically have to return to base and regroup. That would make March thru June relatively safe.

For those vaguely familiar with Ukraine, this map shows where I am talking about.
https://2kpcwh2r7phz1nq4jj237m22-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/DonbassMap.jpg

TRex2

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:24 pm

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:...
Oh, I don't dispute any of that. We are in agreement. I just meant the article, itself, is saber rattling, and has little to do with the actual attack plans. They are moving, somewhat erratically, towards building a nuclear strike capability, and plan to use it, when they feel it is ready.

But their propaganda department probably doesn't know the details of the War Department plans so the two are proceeding, but no where close to being in sync.

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:I think ww3 is going to kick off in either 1 of 3 places and the other 2 theaters will commence shortly after.
I believe that IS the plan. North Korea is likely to be the first pawn pushed out, in the Western Pacific, Hamas or Hezbollah might be used for the same purpose in the Middle East.

Russia is currently on track to attack the Dunbass region, and I expect them to take Mariupol this time (they went as far as Donetsk, last time). If they don't go beyond Mariupol, I don't think Biden will respond. (I base this on Obama's response, when the Russians took Georgia and Donetsk, and Crimea.)

They have a timetable limitation, due to their current force structure. If they don't do anything by the end of Feb, they basically have to return to base and regroup. That would make March thru June relatively safe.

For those vaguely familiar with Ukraine, this map shows where I am talking about.
https://2kpcwh2r7phz1nq4jj237m22-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/DonbassMap.jpg

I absolutely think they will do it in winter with the ground frozen.

Ukraine turns into a cluster-F Of mud in spring when the ground thaws making army maneuvering very challenging. Russia trains for winter. They're positioned for a winter offensive.

I don't think this is merely posturing that's a heck of a lot of effort to play a game.

I think Russia is trying to build a buffer zone and quasi rejuvenate aspects of the USSR.

I would be very un easy if I lived in Eastern Europe right now.

Once Russia does what they do, it w8be interesting to see if china decides now they have a window of opportunity while everyone's focus is elsewhere.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:23 am

Doesn't look like the talks with Iran's nuclear manufacturing is going too good with the U.S. and the E.U.:

https://www.newsmax.com/headline/iran-nuclear-talks-low-expectations/2021/11/28/id/1046415/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:19 pm

rick1 wrote:Doesn't look like the talks with Iran's nuclear manufacturing is going too good with the U.S. and the E.U.:
https://www.newsmax.com/headline/iran-nuclear-talks-low-expectations/2021/11/28/id/1046415/
One very accurate line:
the new Iranian team does not have an interest in resolving the nuclear issue
They are biding time, util it is time to strike.

TRex2

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:48 pm

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Doesn't look like the talks with Iran's nuclear manufacturing is going too good with the U.S. and the E.U.:
One very accurate line:
the new Iranian team does not have an interest in resolving the nuclear issue
They are biding time, util it is time to strike.

They're merely stalling, delaying, obfuscating etc. It's all semantics. They don't care. They have an end objective and they are diligently working to fulfilling their goal while disguising their intent.

The closer the get the quieter their rhetoric will become. "out of sight out of mind" would be prudent on their part. They aren't going to be boastful when they can still be stopped.

They must be getting close.

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:00 am

Iran fires 16 ballistic missiles over the southern part of the country during drills, Israel must be shaking in its boots about now: Shocked

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/iran-fires-over-dozen-ballistic-missiles-during-annual-drills-in-warning-to-israel.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:07 pm

rick1 wrote:Iran fires 16 ballistic missiles over the southern part of the country during drills, Israel must be shaking in its boots about now: Shocked

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/iran-fires-over-dozen-ballistic-missiles-during-annual-drills-in-warning-to-israel.html
Kinda hope the emoji you meat to use was PopCorn

The way I look at it, there go 16 ballistic missiles they can't fire at anyone, since they already used them. I see in the article they named them, too. Hope they have memorial services for them too, Laughing

Iran has had the ability to launch ballistic missiles, capable of hitting Israel, for several years. The timetable for when to do so, is driven by Iran's ability to put nuclear warheads on them.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:04 pm

rick1 wrote:Iran fires 16 ballistic missiles over the southern part of the country during drills, Israel must be shaking in its boots about now: Shocked

Here is part of the answer to Iran's missiles.

https://youtu.be/pCWMp3vCwZI
The Arrow 3 missile is cheap, yet one of the most capable ballistic missile interceptors in the world today due to a number of innovations.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:32 am

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:12 pm

That article is talking about the same threats as a few days ago, and talking about ole Jake Sullivan's response. Don't know when he would do anything to Iran, in between colluding with the Russians for Hillary and lying to congress about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he, himself, was found to by in cahoots with the Iranians.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:14 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:35 am

From the above link:
The U.S. defense official said it was still uncertain exactly how many missiles were fired and exactly where they landed. A second U.S. official said there was no damage at any U.S. government facility and that there was no indication the target was the consulate building, which is new and currently unoccupied.

Neither the Iraqi official nor the U.S. officials were authorized to discuss the event with the media and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
The missile barrage coincided with regional tensions. Negotiations in Vienna over Tehran’s tattered nuclear deal hit a “pause” over Russian demands about sanctions targeting Moscow for its war on Ukraine. Meanwhile, Iran suspended its secret Baghdad-brokered talks aimed at defusing yearslong tensions with regional rival Saudi Arabia, after Saudi Arabia carried out its largest known mass execution in its modern history with over three dozens Shiites killed.

The Iraqi security officials said there were no casualties from the Irbil attack, which they said occurred after midnight and caused material damage in the area. They spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations.
I think I heard that there were twelve missile impacts recorded.

The consulate isn't abandoned, as some people my have reported. I was simply unoccupied at the time of the attack. If I understand correctly, people were supposed to arrive there a few hours later.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum