Protein beef/pork What happens when it disappears

4 posters

Go down

Protein beef/pork  What happens when it disappears Empty Protein beef/pork What happens when it disappears

Post by Dave58 Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:05 pm

Why are people so focused on getting rid of pork and beef ???

What if the pork and beef disappears from the grocery ???

What are your protein options ????

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Protein beef/pork  What happens when it disappears Empty Re: Protein beef/pork What happens when it disappears

Post by Blondie Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:18 pm

Chicken, eggs, peanut butter, tuna, fish, cheese.

Forgot...turkey, whole, breast, ground turkey and turkey burgers. You can sub ground turkey for ground beef in sloppy joe's, spaghetti sauce, chili and in tacos. Use cheaper, higher fat turkey when you sub as turkey while lean can turn into a hockey puck in a hurry. I usually buy Jennie O. My butcher's ground turkey tastes like road kill.

Fortunately I just stocked my freezer last month. If you need to shop see if you can find some local sources raising and butchering.

Just know that your local grocer will be pulling all meat tonight out of their cases, repricing and putting it back out by morning.

Last edited by Blondie on Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Suggesting turkey as protein)

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Protein beef/pork  What happens when it disappears Empty Re: Protein beef/pork What happens when it disappears

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:25 pm

Blondie wrote:Chicken, eggs, peanut butter, tuna, fish, cheese.

Fortunately I just stocked my freezer last month. If you need to shop see if you can find some local sources raising and butchering.

Blondie, don't forget plant protein (impossible burgers at burger king).

Dave, don't laugh but all those animals give off CH4 (methane gas) or natural gas, bad for the air we breath.

Not only do they want to get rid of the animals, the SQUAD want people to stop having babies, because they're bad for the air we breath.

P.S. We live in a country full of half wits and crack pots, they walk around with their heads up their butts.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 pm

Rick, I avoid Frankenmeat.  Shocked

Just thinkin' it's the 1st of the month when many people on fixed incomes grocery shop.

Too much a coincidence for Russia?

Last edited by Blondie on Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Timing)

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:26 pm

Blondie wrote:Rick, I avoid Frankenmeat.  Shocked

Just thinkin' it's the 1st of the month when many people on fixed incomes grocery shop.

Too much a coincidence for Russia?

Blondie, like old Abe Lincoln said, "I cannot tell a lie, etc."

I have tried one of those impossible burgers from burger king. I must admit, I couldn't tell the difference, they were pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:47 am

I ran across this thread, while looking for something else, and it is eight months old.

But still useful.

As I have grown older, I have moved more from beef to chicken and pinto beans. And, never forget fish. I will eat almost any kind of fish that swims.

That said, those commercially produced frankenburgers are bad for your health. There are some nutritious veggieburger recipes, but I don't know of any that are sold commercially.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:35 am

TRex2 wrote:I ran across this thread, while looking for something else, and it is eight months old.

But still useful.

As I have grown older, I have moved more from beef to chicken and pinto beans. And, never forget fish. I will eat almost any kind of fish that swims.  

That said, those commercially produced frankenburgers are bad for your health. There are some nutritious veggieburger recipes, but I don't know of any that are sold commercially.  

I agree I am to old to mess with cattle or hogs plus really don't have the room.. I have chickens and I am planning on rabbits and maybe a few turkeys this spring.. I am really trying to avoid any plant based meat... If its made from plants I don't understand how it can have the word burger at the end of it..... Laughing

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:50 am

Dave58 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:I ran across this thread, while looking for something else, and it is eight months old.

But still useful.

I agree I am to old to mess with cattle or hogs plus really don't have the room.. I have chickens and I am planning on rabbits and maybe a few turkeys this spring.. I am really trying to avoid any plant based meat... If its made from plants I don't understand how it can have the word burger at the end of it..... Laughing

Ya know Dave, a couple of years ago, my wife and I were leaving her chemo appointment and we stopped at burger king. I ordered one of their impossible burgers (vegie burger) just to see what it tasted like.

I couldn't tell the difference, they tasted just like their regular burgers, the grill taste and all.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:36 pm

rick1 wrote:Ya know Dave, a couple of years ago, my wife and I were leaving her chemo appointment and we stopped at burger king. I ordered one of their impossible burgers (vegie burger) just to see what it tasted like.

I couldn't tell the difference, they tasted just like their regular burgers, the grill taste and all.
I am reminded of Dolly Parton's statement:
"it takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

In the case of the veggie burger from any commercial giant:
It takes a lot of unhealthy (and possibly unnatural) additives to taste that wholesome.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down