JUNE 2021 - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

+2
Dave58
Cinnamon
6 posters

Go down

JUNE 2021 - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty JUNE 2021 - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:59 pm

Started the new thread.

Family issues are resolved at the moment. There will be doctor's appointments and treatment incoming, but we were able to have as much under our control as possible. Several more family members got sick/had minor issues including an ER visit, and a dental issue. Everyone is now stabilized and home. God is watching out for us.

I managed to put up 12 pints and 4 quarts of strawberry freezer jelly. I also patched some clothes for my sister and niece who were visiting.

Husband rotated the gas in the cans to the lawnmower and the cars, and refilled.

We hit Sam's Club today to stock up.

Every day has been crisis management for the past 3 weeks. Today, despite the Sam's Club run, was the first time we had time to take a break. We had a nice drive there and back (about an hour and a half each way). It was peaceful and uneventful.

And we came home to more...our neighbor was life-flighted to a big city hospital due to a blood clot in his brain. He is out of surgery and we are now waiting. Please pray for him.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

JUNE 2021 - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty Re: JUNE 2021 - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Dave58 Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:21 am

Cinnamon wrote:Started the new thread.

Family issues are resolved at the moment. There will be doctor's appointments and treatment incoming, but we were able to have as much under our control as possible. Several more family members got sick/had minor issues including an ER visit, and a dental issue. Everyone is now stabilized and home. God is watching out for us.

I managed to put up 12 pints and 4 quarts of strawberry freezer jelly. I also patched some clothes for my sister and niece who were visiting.

Husband rotated the gas in the cans to the lawnmower and the cars, and refilled.

We hit Sam's Club today to stock up.

Every day has been crisis management for the past 3 weeks. Today, despite the Sam's Club run, was the first time we had time to take a break. We had a nice drive there and back (about an hour and a half each way). It was peaceful and uneventful.

And we came home to more...our neighbor was life-flighted to a big city hospital due to a blood clot in his brain. He is out of surgery and we are now waiting. Please pray for him.  

May God bless you and keep you safe...

Remember if you are walking thru hell Keep your head up and keep walking

Dave58

Back to top Go down

JUNE 2021 - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty Re: JUNE 2021 - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Amen, Dave!

We are a strong Christian family, so we are sustaining ourselves with God's promises. That is, "nothing more than we can handle!"

The neighbor who was life-flighted is doing GREAT! he's walking and mobile, his speech is slightly affected, but otherwise, seems to have come through with flying colors.

Husband and I went to a nearby small town and picked up a vintage full-sized bed frame we found on our local online garage sale - we need more beds with all the company coming!

Today, we all took a break and went to a friend's BBQ with live music. A good time was had by all. So we're coming out of the darkness.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:20 am

Finally found a site that has the FD cheese powder in stock, and it was even on sale, so I have eight #10 cans on a UPS truck scheduled for delivery Friday. Hooray! Mac and cheese for another year or so. Cool

Have also been stocking up on KN95 masks as prices have started dropping. Got 250 for under $20 shipped. Waiting on name brand hand sanitizer to drop as well then will pull the trigger and stock over pre-pandemic levels.

Other than that it's been a quiet prepping month, with niece and nephew graduating and some family health scares.

dmwalsh568

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:53 am

Dave,

Do you have links to the FD cheese powder and the KN95 masks?

Husband canned 7 quarts of spaghetti sauce. Our stock is getting low because visiting family members are asking for it by the case (LOL, they all love it). We plan for this so they can take home some stock for emergencies.

I put up 12 pints and 3 quarts of strawberry freezer jelly. I've already given away 5 jars to family and friends.

I also canned 12 four-ounce jars and 1 six-ounce jar of pizza sauce. These are single serve portions for the single family members who don't want to open large jars and end up wasting half the jar because they'd have to eat pizza for a week! By canning it in the small jars, they can eat as the mood strikes them. I'll also be making them some sourdough, lightly cooked pizza dough rounds to take home, too. They'll only have to buy cheese and toppings to make a quick pizza.

The schedule has been set for my sister with breast cancer. I will be taking her to various appointments as she goes through the process. She is in the high survival rate group, so while it will be bad for a while, she's got a great attitude and knows it'll be OK. She will only do surgery and possibly, radiation for a few weeks. No chemo. While she is recovering, I will do some of the care for my Mom as needed (she's Mom's caregiver).

More family is coming in, too. The lock down has everyone wanting to get out and about, and it's great they want come to see us!

Other than that, we are taking care of our outside chores, canning and freezing produce as it ripens, and doing our regular routines around the house.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:57 am

I will see if I can find some links for you on the cheese and masks

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:01 am

Cinnamon wrote:Dave,

Do you have links to the FD cheese powder and the KN95 masks?

Cheese powder seems to be gone. The link from my email just points to their cheddar cheese now. Redirected link:

https://www.thereadystore.com/saratoga-farms-freeze-dried-cheddar-cheese

KN95 masks:

https://www.itechdeals.com/products/k-n95-protective-face-mask-certified-respirator-250-pack

KN95 seems to still be a live deal.

Last edited by dmwalsh568 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : noticed link for cheese was wrong)

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:58 am

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:01 pm

Thank you, guys! Got the links, will look everything over and let Husband decide what we need in the LTS. He may have some of this already.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:45 pm

I watched Pastor Joe on Viking Preparedness and he hit on something that I hadn't given much thought...

Getting the small things now like soap tooth paste soooo we started figuring up how it would take to get thru a year....

Looks like I am going shopping at the Dollar Tree

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:50 pm

ANNND...more ruckus. My Dad fell and my sister and Mom couldn't lift him. He was experiencing stroke symptoms, so the ambulance called the helicopter and met them in a field down the road. He was taken to the big city stroke center. He is now home. Some of his motor movements are affected. He's also experienced a mental change. More passive, but still able to follow conversations. We'll see how things go.

The kids are still coming in to visit as they get leave. Two arrived yesterday and have been a big help.

The neighbors had a neighborhood BBQ, we got to meet some of the new people moving in (they decided they need to get out of the city). They've camped here for years on their properties, but never made the big move. Now several of them have a goal of moving here permanently.

Another neighbor is keeping us supplied with squash, cucumbers and peppers. They had their soil analyzed and then fed it the recommended fertilizer. Everything is growing well.

I'll be making zucchini puree for future use in stews and breads. The cucumbers are being eaten pretty fast, so no worries with them. Smile

Beyond that, we're taking everything one step at a time. Surgery scheduled tomorrow for my sister, please keep her in your prayers.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:58 pm

Dave58 wrote:I watched Pastor Joe on Viking Preparedness and he hit on something that I hadn't given much thought...

Getting the small things now like soap tooth paste soooo we started figuring up how it would take to get thru a year....

Looks like I am going shopping at the Dollar Tree

I know you guys like this dude but the women remind me of Sister Wives so I get the creeps. I can't figure out what a Gentile is doing with a shofar?

Toothpaste you can use baking soda as a substitute. Way cheaper and has several uses.

You can either date your tube with a magic marker or if you shop online, review your purchase history for your most commin items.

Blondie

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:45 am

Boy oh boy Cin, seems like when it rains, it pours.

Hope everything turns out OK for you dad.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:55 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:... Waiting on name brand hand sanitizer to drop as well then will pull the trigger and stock over pre-pandemic levels.
I wouldn't go too much overboard on this. If you need to keep it more than a year, you need to keep it in a cool dark place. Too much heat, and the alcohol evaporates, too much sunlight and what ever lotion (usually Aloe) will break down.

Blondie wrote:I know you guys like this dude but the women remind me of Sister Wives so I get the creeps. I can't figure out what a  Gentile is doing with a shofar?
He is from a sect of Christianity (possibly Messianic Jew) that has failed to discern the Age of Grace, from the Age of the Law. He thinks that, even with Grace, he needs to follow the law, as much as possible.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum