About Posting

3 posters

Go down

About Posting Empty About Posting

Post by Admin Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 pm

There ARE rules on this discussion board! This is a good starting point: https://i1.wp.com/blogs.onlineeducation.touro.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Netiquette-Online-Discussion-Boards-infographic.png?w=681

1. NO CURSING. No VULGAR language. NONE. There is a ZERO tolerance policy for this.

2. DO NOT post your PRIVATE information. Including REAL name, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL Address. Keep PRIVATE. Stay SAFE. Admin will REMOVE any private info found in a post. It’s for YOUR SAFETY.

3. Before posting your question, check if anyone has asked it already and received a reply. Just as you wouldn’t repeat a topic of discussion right after it happened in real life, don’t do that in here, either.

4. Stay on topic ! If you stray from the topic your post WILL be MOVED or … DELETED. Posts that are removed will be ‘stored’ in an area of the forum that is NOT accessible to the rest of the forum, for a period of ONE year. Then those posts will be permanently removed. Admin has the LAST call on this.

5. Don’t type in ALL CAPS! If you do, it will look like you’re screaming.

6. Don’t write anything that sounds angry or sarcastic, even as a joke, because without hearing your tone of voice, your peers might not realize you’re joking. CIVILITY counts.  Anything that resembles being uncivil, vulgar, derogatory, condescending or anything else unkind to another member may result in a suspension of your membership or a permanent banning. Admin has the LAST word on this.  

7. “Please” and “Thank you” go a long way in conversations. Again … CIVILITY counts!

8. Respect the opinions of others. If you feel the need to disagree, do so respectfully and acknowledge the valid points in the argument of  others. Acknowledge that others are entitled to have their own perspective on the issue. Remember … CIVILITY!

9. If you reply to a question from an EHP member, make sure your answer is accurate! LINK … LINK … LINK to your original source. Speculation is NOT a source!

10. There are times when being brief is better. If you write a long dissertation in response to a simple question, it’s unlikely that anyone will spend the time to read through it all.

11. Don’t badmouth others or call them stupid. You may disagree with their ideas, but don’t mock the person. NO NAME CALLING. NO Disrespecting. This may be cause for removal from the forum. Again ... Admin has the last word on this.

12. If you refer to something, in a previous post, it would help if you would quote just a few key lines from their post so that others wont have to go back and figure out which post you’re referring to.

13. Before asking a question, do a search on the site, to see if the answer is obvious or easy to find.

14. Be forgiving. If someone makes a mistake, just let it go – it happens to the best of us.

15. Run a spelling and grammar check before posting! It only takes a minute.

16. RULE OF THUMB: If you wouldn’t do or say something in real life, don’t do it here, either.

17. ADMIN has the FINAL word. These sites take a TREMENDOUS amount of time to maintain, manage & supervise. I will have NO problem taking down the site, if I feel that the site deteriorates & spirals in a negative fashion.  

POSTING: 

• First: Highlight in BOLD your Article Title (you can even enlarge the font a bit) for easy visibility.
  • Second: Include the original LINK source! Always. Always. Always! NO excceptions.
  • Then include a snip from your source. Copyrights should be respected. EHP requests that copyrighted sources include a snip from the original article, rather than the entire article.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

About Posting Empty Re: About Posting

Post by gmangelson Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:17 am

15. Run a spelling and grammar check before posting! It only takes a minute.
You may want to edit your very first rule then- ;o)
There is a ZERO tolerance polity for this.
I am sure it's supposed to be policy

gmangelson

http://www.starstamper.stampinup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 am

Shocked  You are SO right! Error has been corrected. I was running out of steam, after a frustrating day of learning how to set up the forum! I'm usually a nut about this. (Blushing bright red about now!).

And go figure ... spell check didn't pick that up because 'polity' is actually a word! -sigh-, lol.
ReadyMom
ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gmangelson Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:45 pm

lol I knew you would be ok I mentioned it- you are great!
love the new forum- will share it with others~ I love you I love you I love you I love you flower

gmangelson

http://www.starstamper.stampinup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum