Have Any Of You Heard Sonic Booms?

3 posters

Go down

Have Any Of You Heard Sonic Booms? Empty Have Any Of You Heard Sonic Booms?

Post by Cinnamon Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:36 pm

A couple weeks ago, we heard a loud explosion that rattled our windows. We found out later that the sound was heard over an area of some 200 miles. Many people called the police/sheriff's department, even the nearby military base. No explanation was made, and the base said that they were not testing or doing anything.

Last week, it happened in my niece's area in Oklahoma. The sound was heard over an area of about two hundred miles once again. The local base there said it wasn't them.

Apparently, another happened somewhere in Tennessee.

People in that two hundred mile radius claim it's so loud that it rattles windows and knocks stuff off the shelves. It shook our house and rattled windows, but nothing fell off shelves.

It's not an earthquake, as none registered on the website. None of the quarries in our area were blowing up underground caves, either.

I grew up near a military base, we lived in flight approach for a base. I've heard sonic booms all my life.

This was 10 times the power of any sonic boom I've ever heard. It sounded as if it was right above my house. Other people 200 miles away claim the same thing.

Anyway, not sure what to think.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Have Any Of You Heard Sonic Booms? Empty Re: Have Any Of You Heard Sonic Booms?

Post by TRex2 Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:16 pm

It sounds like a meteor fireball, but I would be astonished if that happened and no one saw it (you can see them for hundreds of miles). It really sounds like someone was pushing past the sound barrier in something like a supersonic bomber (those booms are really loud, compared to a fighter), and the military is denying it.

It sounds like the military is saying "it didn't come from my base," knowing full well that it came from some other base.

TRex2

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:23 pm

TRex2 wrote:It sounds like a meteor fireball, but I would  be astonished if that happened and no one saw it (you can see them for hundreds of miles). It really sounds like someone was pushing past the sound barrier in something like a supersonic bomber (those booms are really loud, compared to a fighter), and the military is denying it.

It sounds like the military is saying "it didn't come from my base," knowing full well that it came from some other base.

This is most likely explanation.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:52 am

Husband and my Dad, both ex-military, said the same thing.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum