Post by Dave58 Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:09 am

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Freedom Convoy Empty Re: Freedom Convoy

Post by TRex2 Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:30 am

Keep your powder dry.
The same, ill wind, is coming our way.

There is a US Freedom Convoy being assembled.

Personally I support the blockades, even though I am "fully vax'd" and plan on getting the booster, eventually.

I hope they play smart. If they simply choke certain intersections, without actually stopping or blockading, I think they can choke out some strategic supply routes. I would love to see some inner cities starve. Especially the District of Corruption.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:38 am

TRex2 wrote:Keep your powder dry.
The same, ill wind, is coming our way.

There is a US Freedom Convoy being assembled.

Personally I support the blockades, even though I am "fully vax'd" and plan on getting the booster, eventually.

I hope they play smart. If they simply choke certain intersections, without actually stopping or blockading, I think they can choke out some strategic supply routes. I would love to see some inner cities starve. Especially the District of Corruption.

You're telling me that you would deny joe crow 2.0 his ice cream cone. Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:41 am

rick1 wrote:...
You're telling me that you would deny joe crow 2.0 his ice cream cone. Laugh Animated
AND his pudding cup.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:23 pm

It wasn't just truckers bank accounts that were frozen, ATM's at Canada's 5 largest banks went dark after Trudeau invoked the Emergency Powers Act. This is one step short of martial law.

Canadian Parliament was to meet in a Saturday session yesterday to debate the Emergency Act but Trudeau cancelled the meeting.

GSG donor list was hacked, donors made public and some $8M USD were frozen by a Canadian court. How does a Canadian judge seize US assets?

The truckers are leaving Ottawa peacefully today. Many have agreed to park this week and not transport any goods this week beginning tomorrow.

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:56 am

Blondie wrote:It wasn't just truckers bank accounts that were frozen, ATM's at Canada's 5 largest banks went dark after Trudeau invoked the Emergency Powers Act. This is one step short of martial law.

Canadian Parliament was to meet in a Saturday session yesterday to debate the Emergency Act but Trudeau cancelled the meeting.

GSG donor list was hacked, donors made public and some $8M USD were frozen by a Canadian court. How does a Canadian judge seize US assets?

The truckers are leaving Ottawa peacefully today. Many have agreed to park this week and not transport any goods this week beginning tomorrow.
I think more will come out about this, but I suspect the "freezing" of funds was done, once the money was transferred to a Canadian institution to be dispersed.

With a little luck, the truckers can put a half dozen cities in Canada and a like number in the US into starvation mode. Give them a taste of third world cuisine, as in: you eat what is available, not what you want to eat. If the people rise up against the government, to end the tyranny, it will all be worth it.

If not, it starts over again, only a lot worse.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:59 pm

The Canadians called. The Americans have answered.

I'm curious to see who shows and who hides behind the skirts of thier Sister Wives.

Don't need a semi to join in.

Blondie

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:23 pm

Hubby says he thinks this will do nothing but hurt regular civilians ... getting to work, needing supplies, etc.

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:13 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Hubby says he thinks this will do nothing but hurt regular civilians ... getting to work, needing supplies, etc.
Good Grief.
I am tired of hearing that from otherwise reasonable people.
Is there ever a war that doesn't hurt civilians?

Had we stood up more forcefully in the past, we wouldn't be facing such dire times today.

Patrick Henry wrote:Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
-- Patrick Henry

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:47 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Hubby says he thinks this will do nothing but hurt regular civilians ... getting to work, needing supplies, etc.

Sadly this is what happens the farther down the ladder you are the bigger the price they will pay... If they decide to stop the trucks even for just a week our little town would be a train wreck.. I think the smaller grocery stores would last maybe 3 days with no deliveries.. Wal-Mart maybe 5 days..

The bottom line is it will not take long to run out and then people will turn ugly.. I hate that it will happen , but I am pretty sure it will..  I think the system is so far gone that it needs to break completely down before it can be fixed..... Sad Sad Sad

Dave58

ReadyMom and rick1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:11 am

Dave58 wrote:

Sadly this is what happens the farther down the ladder you are the bigger the price they will pay... If they decide to stop the trucks even for just a week our little town would be a train wreck.. I think the smaller grocery stores would last maybe 3 days with no deliveries.. Wal-Mart maybe 5 days..

The bottom line is it will not take long to run out and then people will turn ugly.. I hate that it will happen , but I am pretty sure it will..  I think the system is so far gone that it needs to break completely down before it can be fixed..... Sad Sad Sad
This is part of what I meant. If they can choke off DC and most of the border crossings, yes, it will get ugly. But it also may get their attention. I keep hearing "but the MSM will paint us as the 'bad guys.' Of course they will. But look at Ottawa. No violence, no looting, no serious property damage. The MSM painted them as terrorists, racists, white supremacists, and even misogynists. How they even made some of those leaps is beyond my imagination, but they did.

Some similar things happened in DC. People have been arrested, and jailed without trial, for merely walking through and open door at the Capitol Building. And we know now that the instigators of the actual riot that took place were government and BLM operatives. Despite the fact that there was nothing that rose to the level of insurrection, that is what the MSM paints it as.

Burn Loot and Murder comes to town, the MSM paints them as peaceful protesters.
Actual peaceful protesters come to town, the MSM paints them as terrorists.
The MSM's job is to call good evil and evil good. (Isaiah 5)
There is an old saying: "Remember, everything Hitler did was legal."

It is time to give them a reality check.

I only hope this can get their attention before real blood gets spilled.

TRex2

ReadyMom, rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:34 am

I've been following the convoy on a Telegram channel. They have also been advised to fly a white flag because its an international sign/symbol of peace, truce. If anyone is attacked, it's considered a war crime.

Is that true, in this case?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:47 pm

Who wants a truce? Shocked
Asking for a friend.....

Blondie

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:23 pm

ReadyMom wrote:I've been following the convoy on a Telegram channel. They have also been advised to fly a white flag because its an international sign/symbol of peace, truce. If anyone is attacked, it's considered a war crime.

Is that true, in this case?
Gosh, I hope not. I realize most of the world is misled about these things, but a white flag is surrender. Kneel down and kiss the feet of those who are now your lords.

Blondie wrote:Who wants a truce? Shocked
Asking for a friend....
I would love a truce: as long as it is our enemies who waves the white flag.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:04 pm

Blondie wrote:Who wants a truce? Shocked
Asking for a friend.....

I'm assuming it's the 'peace' part the want to fly it for. I dunno. That's why I asked. White Flag

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:29 am

ReadyMom, I do apologize for my flip comment. You asked a pertinent question.

The white flag of truce/surrender as well as other flags like the Red Cross have been defined by the Geneva Convention. Maybe the guys with military experience will chime in on using it in these circumstances.

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:11 am

Waving a white flag means you accept defeat or do not intend to attack:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/white-flag

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:49 am

Blondie wrote:ReadyMom, I do apologize for my flip comment. You asked a pertinent question.

I didn't even take it that way!! NO worries!!
Cheers-Beer2

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:07 am

rick1 wrote:Waving a white flag means you accept defeat or do not intend to attack:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/white-flag

Never Give Up
Never Give In
Never Back Down

Cool

Blondie

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:44 pm

I hear the convoy is circling DC today.

Two Lanes wide, all the way around the beltway, at the minimum speed limit.

Clueless Harris is complaining that they will add to the pollution.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:14 pm

FOX news had in on last night and 3 lanes wide at minimum speed.

I guess clueless harris put a security fence around the other lane.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:28 pm

TRex2 wrote:I  hear the convoy is circling DC today.

Two Lanes wide, all the way around the beltway, at the minimum speed limit.

Clueless Harris is complaining that they will add to the pollution.

I was watching a live video stream, on youtube on Saturday night. They drove 2 loops around the 495 beltway. Convoy really slowed traffic.

We were visiting our son & his fiance' (he proposed, this weekend ... I just had to toss that in Laughing ) and we came home via 495 beltway on Monday AM. LOTS of traffic and slow/congested in spots, but we didn't see any of the convoy Crying or Very sad .

Watched another video and the support/supplies they have been given is HUGE! They are staged at the speedway and it all looks pretty darn organized.

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:03 pm

An update on the US Freedom Convoy. They moved their communications to Gab and Rumble, and a couple other platforms.

They have been circling DC daily, but I don't see any damage, or any results. They are still putting on a show of force, but not doing anything more.

I need to get some solid numbers to figure out if they have the ability to actually cause any real delays. Right now it is a parade.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:27 pm

We drove through the area the first weekend and traffic was 'normal' ... which is always busy along the beltway. I saw that some trucks got into the city about a block away from the WH.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:52 pm

It appears the Convoy is breaking up, and some of them are headed to California to demonstrate out there. I have been doing some catching up, and there are some strange things going on with the convoy. (Not bad, just might be counter productive.)

TRex2

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Still trying to catch up on the Freedom Convoy thing:

Apparently, the channel was out of control, at the end of March, with people posting off topic messages, and even Russian propaganda about the war in Ukraine, anti-C-vax propaganda, and even anti-convoy propaganda.

They have a separate web site, though, where they make press releases.

Part of one of their press releases, in the middle of the month:
Since arriving in Maryland on March 3, The People’s Convoy has been working daily with law enforcement agencies to ensure a safe and peaceful convoy around the DC beltway. During these daily, in-person meetings our leadership discloses the routes that the convoy intends to take the following day.

Despite the convoy’s active, transparent and daily communication with special agents from both the Metropolitan DC Police Department and the Maryland State Police Department, the DC Metro Police have blocked all entrances into the US Capital for the past two days. This blocking of offramps with plow vehicles and barricades has caused traffic delays and frustration for all drivers.
Not surprising, as the DC metro police are politically controlled by the Left. To me, however, the task, at that point, would be to push the information about what was happening, to everyone on the freeway. This could have been used to their advantage, if they had control of a local radio station. (Something to remember, for next time.

This morning, it appears the Gab Group has reasserted control over their postings, and almost all of the garbage has been swept away. (Downside is, they appear to have deleted everything posted before sunrise April First, except for the pinned posts.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:51 pm

TRex2 wrote:Still trying to catch up on the Freedom Convoy thing:

Apparently, the channel was out of control,  at the end of March, with people posting off topic messages, and even Russian propaganda about the war in Ukraine, anti-C-vax propaganda, and even anti-convoy propaganda.
(stuff...) This could have been used to their advantage, if they had control of a local radio station. (Something to remember, for next time.

This morning, it appears the Gab Group has reasserted control over their postings, and almost all of the garbage has been swept away. (Downside is, they appear to have deleted everything posted before sunrise April First, except for the pinned posts.
Can't make this [stuff] up.
Apparently the deletion of all previous posts was a glitch in the system that wouldn't allow it to scroll back further than a certain point. It just happened that point was right after all of the off topic posts, making it look like they had cleaned it up.
https://gab.com/help/posts/108063405311581765

Still trying to get caught up on this stuff.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:27 pm

The Gab Group still has a lot of non-convoy related stuff in it, but it is more readable than my previous visits.

Over the next few days, they plan to make their way to Olympia WA.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:31 am

Appears the Canadian truckers are finally getting any frozen funds returned to them:

https://bjdichter.substack.com/p/bank-apologizes-over-trucker-convoy?utm_source=email&s=r

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:52 pm

After the dust settles, we need to learn from the past.

The Canadian Trucker strike was killed because the government was able to take action that, in this country, would be unconstitutional. That doesn't mean the same actions couldn't be taken in this country. Indeed, there have been attacks on gun and ammo manufactures, using "operation chokepoint" which is essentially the same unconstitutional methods.

The American Trucker Freedom Protest failed to achieve anything useful because they didn't have clear goals, they couldn't control their communications, and were afraid that if they engaged in any significant action "someone might get hurt." They moved from coast to coast, and shifted goals along the way. Everybody had a say in what the goas were, until no one cared what the goals were. Eventually they fizzled out.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum