Garden carts

2 posters

Go down

Garden carts Empty Garden carts

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:24 am

Sure, I have a bicycle and can carry quite a bit in the basket, hanging off the rear basket and in a backpack, but for bulk carrying capacity I think a garden cart is the best solution.

I bought a heavy duty garden cart that is rated for 400 pounds and looks like it could handle even more weight. It will let me transport more than 45 gallons of water a lot faster and easier than trying to do it by carrying buckets by hand. It's the main part of my long term water strategy for getting water at the river. My water source is downhill from my site and best accessed from a bridge, so I need to bring my empty water containers, a dipping bucket, rope and a rug (to reduce friction on the rope.) On my way back, lugging water uphill I'll be much happier doing it just once every couple of days. Although I need to test it in the snow and maybe get a toboggan for the winter months...

Anybody else get garden carts for moving large loads by hand? Am I crazy? (Well, I know I'm nuts, but am I crazy in this specific instance?) Shocked

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Garden carts Empty Re: Garden carts

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:05 am

A garden cart is a good idea! I have NOT gotten rid of any of our kids sleds, because I was thinking the same thing ... I'd need it to lug stuff around. Hubby is really getting on my back about cleaning out our garage. Our kids are pretty much gone (one getting married, one a pro soccer player and rarely here, anymore). Hubs says we need to downsize all our 'stuff'. Those sleds would be one of those things.

-sigh- today, I was going to tackle the garage ... better me than him. He'll toss too much! Crying or Very sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:14 am

ReadyMom wrote:A garden cart is a good idea! I have NOT gotten rid of any of our kids sleds, because I was thinking the same thing ... I'd need it to lug stuff around. Hubby is really getting on my back about cleaning out our garage. Our kids are pretty much gone (one getting married, one a pro soccer player and rarely here, anymore). Hubs says we need to downsize all our 'stuff'. Those sleds would be one of those things.

-sigh- today, I was going to tackle the garage ... better me than him. He'll toss too much! Crying or Very sad

Maybe you can hang the sleds on the walls or up against the ceiling in the garage? I'm always thinking of ways to cram more stuff in, and going up might be the ticket. All of our snow shovels are hanging off the wall, and our bikes get stored for the winter hanging off the ceiling...hence why I thought of that for sleds.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Yard Cart, Wagons & Wheelbarrows For Preparedness
https://modernsurvivalblog.com/preps/yard-carts-and-wagons-for-survival-preparedness/

Garden carts Yard-cart-wagon-wheelbarrow   Wheels are round! They make it much easier to transport heavy ‘stuff’ from point A to B!

As a prepper, are you overlooking the need for yard carts, wagons, and wheelbarrows that will assist you in moving ‘stuff’ around?

Something that’s not necessarily motorized, but instead can be pulled, pushed, rolled, or pedaled. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down