Thoughts on the Draft

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts on the Draft Empty Thoughts on the Draft

Post by Dave58 Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:20 am

What are your thoughts on the draft for Male & Female???

I have watched vids with whining young men saying they would rather go to jail than be drafted.

My thoughts is if this country is good enough to live in then it should be good enough to fight for. I don't think they will start the draft again , but I have been seeing a lot of stuff about it.

Anyone care to share???

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Draft Empty Re: Thoughts on the Draft

Post by TRex2 Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:33 am

Dave58 wrote:What are your thoughts on the draft for Male & Female???

I have watched vids with whining young men saying they would rather go to jail than be drafted.

My thoughts is if this country is good enough to live in then it should be good enough to fight for. I don't think they will start the draft again , but I have been seeing a lot of stuff about it.

Anyone care to share???
I am all for having a draft. In addition, I think everyone should be brought in for evaluation for suitability, six months before their Eighteenth birthday. I think there should be a lot riding on that judgement of suitability, like scholarships, driver license and the privilege of voting. I could go on, but I think y'all understand my position.

As for women, I think they should be draft-able, but not for combat MOS's or anything else that would be likely to put them on permanent disability (like firefighter or other heavy lifting MOS). In addition, they should be reevaluated, maybe every other year, for suitability, and once they are married and have children, they should be ineligible for draft, with no penalty attached.

Yes, I have a clear double standard (several of them, in fact), and I am OK with that.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:11 am

I'm in for the draft, for all, no excuses, male/female, black, white, rainbow, etc., no excuses (NONE).

Ugly, fat, skinny, pretty, don't matter. Women fought for equal rights, well, you got em.

During the draft when Vietnam was going on, the judges were giving sentences of 2 years in jail or 2 years in the military, best thing that ever happened. Once they were honorably discharged, their records were thrown away. That's a good deal for a jailbird.

Today women serve in combat, helo and aircraft pilots, nurses/doctors serve in a combat zone and near front lines, but not on the front lines.

We have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls, 3 of them served in the marine corps and even the youngest daughter served 2 tours in Iraq. All total my kids served 11 tours of duty, either in Iraq or Afghanistan.

PUT ME IN COACH.

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:32 am

rick1 wrote:I'm in for the draft, for all, no excuses, male/female, black, white, rainbow, etc., no excuses (NONE).

Ugly, fat, skinny, pretty, don't matter. Women fought for equal rights, well, you got em.

During the draft when Vietnam was going on, the judges were giving sentences of 2 years in jail or 2 years in the military, best thing that ever happened. Once they were honorably discharged, their records were thrown away. That's a good deal for a jailbird.

Today women serve in combat, helo and aircraft pilots, nurses/doctors serve in a combat zone and near front lines, but not on the front lines.

We have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls, 3 of them served in the marine corps and even the youngest daughter served 2 tours in Iraq. All total my kids served 11 tours of duty, either in Iraq or Afghanistan.

PUT ME IN COACH.

I'm very proud of your kids. From 1 vet to another tell them I said Thank you.

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:25 am

rick1 wrote:I'm in for the draft, for all, no excuses, male/female, black, white, rainbow, etc., no excuses (NONE).

During the draft when Vietnam was going on, the judges were giving sentences of 2 years in jail or 2 years in the military, ...
My own limitations that are geared towards suitability, and prevention of ending up with a lot more people on disability.

As I said, I would write the rules so those who were unsuitable for military would also find themselves losing a lot of "civil" rights (many of which are not rights, but rather, privileges of living under the protection of our military).

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:42 am

This is from last year.

Israel drafts women, one of the few countries that do and the U.S. should be no different:

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/defense/1667109946-israel-s-military-begins-drafting-women-in-elite-units

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down