Fire Place

Go down

Fire Place Empty Fire Place

Post by ReadyMom Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:34 am

How to Build a Smoke-Free Fireplace Fire
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/build-cozy-fireplace-fire-wont-get-smoky/

As the holidays draw near and the coldest days of the year start trickling in, the idea of warming up by the crackling flames of a picture-perfect fire is too alluring to ignore. But without the right preparation, that ideal fire can turn into a room full of smoke accompanied by nothing more than a few wispy flames. A fireplace fire operates differently than your typical campfire, so it makes sense that building one should require a few tweaks to your standard procedure.

With indoor fires, it’s especially important to start with ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Fire Place Empty Re: Fire Place

Post by ReadyMom Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:44 am

How to Start a Cozy Fireplace Fire
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-start-a-cozy-fireplace-fire/

One of my favorite things about winter is spending time next to a warm and cozy fireplace fire. What’s more romantic than snuggling up to your gal in front of a glowing fire? And what’s more relaxing than coming home from a long day of work, sitting in your man chair, and unwinding next to a glowing hearth?

If you’ve never started a fire in a fireplace (and no, those automatic electric fireplace don’t count), then this guide is for you.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Never Burn This in Your Fireplace – No. 4 may surprise you
https://loucurley.com/never-burn-fireplace-4-may-surprise/

Fire Place Chimney-cap3 Do you ever look at warning tags on things and wonder if they’re put in place as a joke? Don’t use your hair dryer in the shower or while asleep; they seriously have to warn people about these potential dangers? Today I want to discuss some actual warnings that you may not be aware of. Let’s talk fireplace safety and what you should never burn in your fireplace.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:27 pm

10 Things Never to Burn in the Fireplace
https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/10-things-never-to-burn-in-the-fireplace-51849?

Fire Place Burning-plywood Thanks to modern heating technologies, homeowners today no longer have to rely on fire for heat. Our homes stay nice and warm, even on the coldest nights. Yet there's still nothing quite as cozy as snuggling up next to a crackling fire. But while a fireplace is charming and romantic, it can also be a source of danger, particularly if it isn't maintained or used properly. To keep your family safe, burn only dry, seasoned wood, never leave a fire unattended, and never throw any of the following items into your fireplace. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 pm

7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/7-mistakes-not-to-make-with-your-fireplace-48156?

Fire Place F79f0ccca662b8590cdd727c33586331   When the weather outside is frightful, there is nothing more comforting than curing up beside a fireplace with a good book or a good friend. This is why it is important that this feature of your home be not only safe, but beautiful. Some common fireplace woes include maintenance issues that if left unattended can either burn a hole in your wallet or actually burn your house down. And because fireplaces are usually something that comes built with the house, you can inherit all sorts of design and safety problems that need addressing. Click through our gallery to shine a light on several common fireplace mistakes that you should avoid in your own home.  ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:31 pm

How To: Get Your Fireplace Ready for Winter
https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/how-to-get-your-fireplace-ready-for-winter-48090

Fire Place Chimney_inspection   Nothing is quite as warm and cozy as a crackling fire in autumn. But before you touch match to kindling, take a good look around your fireplace and chimney to make sure you're following these essential guidelines for a safe—and warm—season. Poorly maintained fireplaces can cause house fires or other dangers, so it's important to take precautions now, before the season really kicks in. Whether your fireplace is gas, electric, or wood-burning, we've got the tips you need to get your hearth ready for the cold months ahead.    ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum