Snakes . . .

2 posters

Go down

Snakes . . .  Empty Snakes . . .

Post by ReadyMom Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:27 pm

This is a 2-part series:

(1) The Art of Manliness Guide to Snakes Part 1: Know Thine Enemy
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/complete-guide-to-snakes/

You’ve just been bitten by a snake. Do you know what to do?

Just the sight of a slithering snake can send a shiver down even the manliest spine. And with good reason-with just one nibble, and in only a few hours, these feetless, cold-blooded serpents can snuff out your life. While only 9-15 people in the United States die every year from snake bites, if you don’t know how to treat them correctly, you or your loved one could become part of those statistics. Knowing how to deal with snakes and snakebites is essential man knowledge.   ---CONTINUED---

(2) I've part 2, with the info on TREATING snake bites, in the MEDICAL forum ...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Snakes . . .  Empty Re: Snakes . . .

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:23 am

How to Identify Venomous Snakes
https://www.thereadystore.com/survival-tips/15189/how-to-identify-venomous-snakes

Snakes . . .  Snake-751722_1920-481x322 A huge part of learning how to become more self-reliant is knowing how to protect yourself against dangerous creatures in the wild. For instance, wild snakes. A question we’ve been asked by one of our customers is, do you know how to identify what snakes are poisonous and those that are not life threatening? Rest assured, it’s easier than you’d think.

According to the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 7,000 - 8,000 people are bitten by venomous snakes and unfortunatley 5 results in death. This number would be higher if people did not seek medical care 1. It doesn’t matter if you’re working, camping or just outside, being able to identify snakes will hopefully save you from an unwanted hospital visit. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:28 am

Besides what is in the article, I was always taught that all north american venomous shakes (except the coral snake) have diamond shaped heads, pits on the outside of their eyes and the pupil of the eyes have a slit, just like a cat. Just look at the pictures ReadyMom has posted and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

The coral snake has a saying, referring to its color red on yellow kill a fellow, red on black venom lack.

The eyes of non-venomous snakes have round shape heads and their eyes are black and a full pupil.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:09 pm

What to Do If You Run Into a Snake?
https://modernsurvivalonline.com/dealing-with-snakes/

Snakes . . .  Grass-snake (SNIP) ... What should you do if you run into a snake? In virtually every circumstance your best course of action is just to back away smoothly, but quickly. Never try to handle a snake, and only if the snake presents a definite impediment to movement or an ongoing threat should you attempt to move it out of the way, or dispatch it. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum