Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting

3 posters

Go down

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting Empty Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting

Post by rick1 Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Today was the first day of archery season here in PA. Took the grandson (11 YO) out about 4 o'clock and by 5:30 p.m., he shot a doe. There were 4 of them about 15 yards from us, he wanted to shoot a big one, I told him to shoot the smaller one (more tender), he did.

Just got done skinning and quartering it and putting it in the old refrigerator in the garage. I'll get him after church tomorrow and will get it cut up. I already cut off the back strap and will have it for supper tomorrow with green peppers, onions and mushrooms. My mouth is watering already. bounce

Back to top Go down

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting Empty Re: Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting

Post by Cinnamon Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:39 am

It is bow season here, too. However, there have been a lot of gunshots. We live near corps land and farmer's fields. Husband saw a coyote possibly gnawing on something in one of the fields yesterday on our walk (I was lagging behind with the other dog so didn't see it).
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting Empty How To Make Your Own Bow (And Arrow)

Post by rick1 Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:42 am

Came across this on authorizedboot.com. Instructions on how to make your own bow:

How to make your own arrows, boyslife.org:

Happy Hunting.

https://authorizedboots.com/2015/10/advanced-bow-building-preparing-the-stave-using-minimal-tools/

https://boyslife.org/hobbies-projects/projects/872/make-an-authentic-native-american-arrow/

Last edited by ReadyMom on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added '(And Arrow) to title)

Back to top Go down

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting Empty Re: Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:43 am

DIY Bow Weapons Making Series | PVC Fiberglass Bow
https://diyprojects.com/diy-make-bow-weapons-pvc-fiberglass-bow/

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting PVC-Fiberglass-Bow0171   Have you been wanting to make a bow for practicing in the yard? Ideally something cheap to bond with the kids over, or maybe to be ready when you need to survive a real world situation? For many survivalists, when they think of a “Survival Bow,” they think of honing some hearty tree sapling in the woods. BUT….

The world is changing! There are many supplies available to use that might be more readily available to you, including scraps of PVC.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Had the son in law, grandson and granddaughter here for the first day of archery. Lots of deer here on the farm.

The granddaughter shot hers first, 7:15 a.m., nice six point, she hunted with me.

The grandson shot his second at 8:30 a.m., a doe, he hunted with his dad.

The son in law and myself could care less if we got one, it was all about the kids. They did well.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:15 am

How to Bow Hunt Small Game for Survival
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/how-to-bow-hunt-small-game/

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting Squirrel-behind-tree What’s that? Bowhunting? What is this, the middle ages? I’m sure you thought something like that when you read the title. I get it, we have guns nowadays. Powerful ones at that, so what’s the point in using a primitive weapon like a bow and arrow to hunt food?

That seems like reasonable enough logic, but here’s the thing: What if you genuinely find yourself in a position where you need to hunt for survival, and you don’t have a gun on you, or you’ve run out of ammunition? ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:23 am

How To Make A Survival Bow In The Wilderness
https://www.survivopedia.com/how-to-make-a-survival-bow-in-the-wilderness/

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting 2018_03_02_bowforsurvival (SNIP) ... I knew precious little about primitive bows when I build my first survival bow. I was just a kid, but I will always remember that first time taking game with a bow and arrows that I built myself because it felt like a real accomplishment at the time. It was only useful for a couple of days and I was lucky it didn’t break. Perhaps some of you can learn from my mistakes.

I went on to build more and better bows, learning as I went. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:27 am

Survival Bows: How Archery Can Help You Survive SHTF
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/survival-bows/

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting Survival-bows-how-archery-can-help-you-survive-SHTF-wide-1 (SNIP) ... In addition to learning more about survival, I’ve been practicing archery since 2010. The aim of this article is to introduce fellow survivalists to archery and explain why it’s a good skill to learn. I’ll also go into detail on the pros and cons of using bows as a way to defend yourself and your family, and I’ll explain the different types of bows and which ones would be best to get. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:30 am

Stay Sharp with the Best Broadhead Sharpener
https://targetcrazy.com/hunting/best-broadhead-sharpener/

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting Blunt-vintage-broadhead (SNIP) ... If you’ve never sharpened your own blades before, it’s easy to learn how. We’ve prepared a simple guide below along with video, so you’ll be on your way in no time. We also have our four favorite sharpening systems listed with all their features. There’s a great pick for every situation. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:33 am

How to Accurately Shoot Extreme Archery Angles
https://www.bowlife.com/accurately-shoot-extreme-archery-angles/

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting Archery-tips-shooting-tough-angles Archers spend hours of practice working on shot technique and form. Days, weeks, and months are spent striving to develop repeated accuracy. While in practice this can be achieved, real-world scenarios can cause archers to throw form out the window. One such scenario is when an archer is forced to shoot an extreme angle. Whether it’s in a tournament or while bow hunting in the field, you need to know how to approach shooting these tough angles correctly. These archery tips should tell you how to do just that! ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:32 am

The Best Hunting Bow for Survival: Traditional VS Compound
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/the-best-hunting-bow-for-survival-traditional-v-s-compound/

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting Archer-2345211_1920.jpg (SNIP) ... We are going to look at traditional bows and compound bows to seek out the very best hunting bow for survival. I am going to try to remove my own bias but I will tell you upfront, I like the feel of a traditional bow.

However, they do have some serious downsides. So, let’s get to it. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:00 am

The Only Things That Preppers Should Know About Archery
https://www.askaprepper.com/the-only-things-that-preppers-should-know-about-archery/

Hunting (Archery Season) -- Bow Hunting The-Only-Things-That-Preppers-Should-Know-About-Archery-0 (SNIP) Archery is old-fashioned, it takes some skill and guns are more accurate, more powerful and easy to use. Why bother with archery?

(SNIP) ... A bow is a simple machine – it’s basically just a spring – but a powerful and effective one, and technology has made it even better. A modern compound hunting bow can bring down any wild animal in North America. It’s more accurate than most handguns and quieter than a suppressed one.

(SNIP) ... Best of all, you can make one yourself. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down