Yeast-Sourdough Starter

2 posters

Go down

Yeast-Sourdough Starter Empty Yeast-Sourdough Starter

Post by rick1 Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:19 am

Where are you going to get your yeast once the stores are emptied from a long term grid down situation. Here are simple instructions on how to make your own sourdough starter:

https://www.ourheritageofhealth.com/how-to-make-homemade-yeast/

Back to top Go down

Yeast-Sourdough Starter Empty Re: Yeast-Sourdough Starter

Post by ReadyMom Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:08 pm

rick1 wrote:Where are you going to get your yeast once the stores are emptied from a long term grid down situation. Here are simple instructions on how to make your own sourdough starter:

Can you use this starter to make a regular loaf of bread? I have packs of yeast that are YEARS old. This is something that I really don't understand much about.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:54 am

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote:Where are you going to get your yeast once the stores are emptied from a long term grid down situation. Here are simple instructions on how to make your own sourdough starter:

Can you use this starter to make a regular loaf of bread? I have packs of yeast that are YEARS old. This is something that I really don't understand much about.

Yes, you can use this for bread, there are many ways to make your own yeast, but this one is the simplest.

ReadyMom, try a receipt on how to make yeast, it doesn't take much time to do. Then try to make a loaf of bread.

If you have store bought yeast, put it in the freezer, should keep for up to 5 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:57 pm

How to Harvest Wild Yeast for Sourdough Bread
https://thegrownetwork.com/inside-edition/featured-article-1118/

For those who want to improve their connection with the world’s wild side, changing your diet is a smart place to start. While most of us know the appeal of making meals from garden-fresh fruits and vegetables, it’s also possible to become more self-sufficient with your baking projects by cultivating a wild sourdough starter.

This ancient, highly prized method of bread making harkens back thousands of years and takes advantage of natural fermentation to develop a starter that evolves in flavor every time you use it. With a time investment of no more than 5 minutes a day for a little over 2 weeks, you can create a wild sourdough starter with a taste and texture that’s reflective of the natural yeasts surrounding your region.

But what is sourdough bread—and how does the process work? Let’s break it down below.   ---CONTINUED---

Includes:
What Is Sourdough Bread?
A Quick History of Sourdough
6 Benefits of Sourdough Bread
How to Make a Sourdough Starter
8 Recipes for Using a Sourdough Starter
Maintaining a Sourdough Starter

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content